Issues with RSSY Ultimate Clothing Fixer G9

Happy Friday, everyone.  Tried out the RSSY Ultimate Clothing Fixer G9 for the first time just now.  Followed the instructions in the promo pictures on the product page.  Selected the clothing item.  In utilities, when I click on the script I get error message 1 (pictured) suggesting I didn't install it properly.  (I used DAZ Connect)  Then I click 'ok' and get the Ultimate Fixer UI come up, looking like this (see picture 2)  Should I have installed by a different method?

DAZ Error message Clothing Fixer 1.JPG
506 x 99 - 18K
DAZ Error message Clothing Fixer 2.JPG
853 x 835 - 65K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

Quite a few scripts don't work properly when installed with Connect, especially when the main script references other scripts or resources.

I suggest uninstalling the Connect version and reinstalling it with DIM.

• Update: the thick plottens!  Went offline, uninstalled product, deleted from cache, re-installed via DIM, back online again.  And hey presto!  New error messages!  Click on the script - error message 3, click okay on that I get error message 4.  Then up pops the UI again, looking slightly more like the promos this time (picture 5)  

DAZ Error message Clothing Fixer 3.JPG
    506 x 110 - 18K
    DAZ Error message Clothing Fixer 4.JPG
    504 x 113 - 13K
    DAZ Error message Clothing Fixer 5.JPG
    856 x 837 - 70K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

Where was the product installed with DIM?

• Leana said:

Thank you for the assist.  According to DIM, it's showing up in C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131

If you find the product under Products>R and right-click on the container (the folder) is there an Uninstal option? If so click it as it would indicate that the database shows a Connect install, and DS will try to use that in preference to the DIM install even if its files are missing and DIM's are there.

• Richard Haseltine said:

If you find the product under Products>R and right-click on the container (the folder) is there an Uninstal option? If so click it as it would indicate that the database shows a Connect install, and DS will try to use that in preference to the DIM install even if its files are missing and DIM's are there.

Hi Richard - thank you - no, no uninstall option but an 'install' option IS there: what might that indicate? 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,428
    edited April 20

johnbuckeridge said:

Leana said:

Thank you for the assist.  According to DIM, it's showing up in C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library.

Is that your install path on the Download tab or is it the path where it was installed too? You can see where it is installed by going to the installed tab finding the product by selecting the 3 verticle dots on the far right then selecting "Show Installed Files" and that will tell you where they were installed. It's a possibility you had something selected on accident other than the default location.

Edit to add: Hmm, I think I may have misread. Not enough tea yet, but in case you didn't know that option, there it is.

Post edited by frank0314 on

johnbuckeridge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Hi Richard - thank you - no, no uninstall option but an 'install' option IS there: what might that indicate? 

If you haven't allowed DS to go online since you purchased the product it won't know that you own it. otherwise, it would indicate that you were right-clicking on the wrong thing - if DS has gon online since purchase please post a screenshot of what you get.

• frank0314 said:

johnbuckeridge said:

Leana said:

Is that your install path on the Download tab or is it the path where it was installed too? You can see where it is installed by going to the installed tab finding the product by selecting the 3 verticle dots on the far right then selecting "Show Installed Files" and that will tell you where they were installed. It's a possibility you had something selected on accident other than the default location.

Edit to add: Hmm, I think I may have misread. Not enough tea yet, but in case you didn't know that option, there it is.

Hi Frank - thank you.  Yes, the method you outline above is what I did, so that is the correct installation path. 

johnbuckeridge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

If you haven't allowed DS to go online since you purchased the product it won't know that you own it. otherwise, it would indicate that you were right-clicking on the wrong thing - if DS has gon online since purchase please post a screenshot of what you get.

Oh yes, my DS has been online multiple times since I installed it - first via DAZ Connect and then via DIM (after uninstalling, of course).  What would you like me to screenshot?  Above I've put in multiple screenshots of error messages and the Fixer UI - I take it you want to see something else?   

Please show what you get when you right-click on the product container.

Please show what you get when you right-click on the product container.

Sorry for the delay - busy week!  Hope this is what you're looking for, and thanks in advance.  I've included a close up of the specific menu.

DAZ RSSY Ultimate Fixer 1.png
    798 x 923 - 168K
    DAZ RSSY Ultimate Fixer 2.png
    197 x 309 - 14K

OK, so it has Install which means it wasn't installed through Connect, which eliminates one possible issue (sadly one that would be an easy fix).

OK, so it has Install which means it wasn't installed through Connect, which eliminates one possible issue (sadly one that would be an easy fix).

Oh don't worry, Richard - with me, nothing is ever easy!  laugh But any further thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated. 

Do you have any nested content directories? If you open the log (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) and search for nest you should be able to check.

Do you have any nested content directories? If you open the log (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) and search for nest you should be able to check.

I'll check, of course, but what is a nested content directory?  Some kind of sub-folder? 

johnbuckeridge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I'll check, of course, but what is a nested content directory?  Some kind of sub-folder? 

Yes, having one folder set as a content diectory within another folder set as a content directory.

• johnbuckeridgejohnbuckeridge Posts: 239

Richard Haseltine said:

johnbuckeridge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, having one folder set as a content diectory within another folder set as a content directory.

Hi Richard - I've now accessed the log file - thank you for your clear instructions.  I found 2 references to 'nest', attachements 1&2, and my most recent record of failed attempt to use the product, attachment 3.

DAZ Log file 'Nest' 1.JPG
    2004 x 76 - 44K
    DAZ Log file 'Nest' 2.JPG
    1994 x 227 - 85K
    DAZ Log file 'Nest' 3.JPG
    2041 x 718 - 407K

The reports of nested content directories look wrong - it appears to be getting confused by the trailing number 2 and seeing it, incorrectly, as a sub-folder. I am not seeing any reason for the issues you are having, but it might be easier if you attached the whole log file rather than images of it.

Richard Haseltine said:

The reports of nested content directories look wrong - it appears to be getting confused by the trailing number 2 and seeing it, incorrectly, as a sub-folder. I am not seeing any reason for the issues you are having, but it might be easier if you attached the whole log file rather than images of it.

Thanks, Richard.  Whole file attached.  Had to do it as a zip.  Hope that's okay.

zip
    zip
    logfile RSSY Fixer.zip
    2M

You do seem to have a fair number of content issues, including some thatva ppear to lie in your scene file and the clashing proeprties in MB Carmel and Yomi (I would uninstall one of those, if possible).

Richard Haseltine said:

You do seem to have a fair number of content issues, including some thatva ppear to lie in your scene file and the clashing proeprties in MB Carmel and Yomi (I would uninstall one of those, if possible).

Have now uninstalled both Carmel and Yomi - no idea what Yomi was doing in that setup, she wasn't in the scene.  (Maybe some random morph I hadn't noticed?)  While that scene may be running more smoothly, the problems with Fixer persist.

Have you checked the vendor's thread? There is usually a link in the product files.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited May 5

I don't have this version of the product, so for what it's worth: looking at that first logfile image after the DIM install, it looks like there's a pathing issue, or that Studio thinks there's one.

According to the file list in the readme, the path to the preset inside the Genesis 9/Clothing diretory should be: /People/Genesis 9/Clothing/RSSY/Ultimate Clothing Fixer/RSSYUCF Bodysuit Genesis 9.duf

Note that there should be a slash between the word "Fixer" in the directory and the "RSSY" in the file name. According to the image of your log file, Studio doesn't see that slash, and so isn't reading the file name correctly. That may or may not also affect the Fixer's ability to locate all the pieces of itself to work properly.

That said ... the part of the script that you would normally use is in the Scripts directory at /Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Ultimate Clothing Fixer/Ultimate Clothing Fixer G9.dse, the one that shows up in Smart Content with the gray Scripts tag - is that what you've been using? (I have the G8 version of the product, and it has absolutely no user-facing files in the /People/Genesis 8 directories so something may have changed between versions. My suspicion is that the two Wardrobe items are supposed to be more or less hidden, and are where they are because the script needs it, show up in Smart Content because Studio requires it, but should not be used directly.)

The vendor's support thread is at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/667626/released-rssy-ultimate-clothing-fixer-genesis-9-commercial - people don't seem to have had many issues with it since the product came out.

Again, for what it's worth, my suggestion would be to completely uninstall the product, make sure that there aren't any remnants in the Scripts directory or the /data directory or in the Connect directory, check Smart Content to make sure that Studio understands that the product has been uninstalled (DO NOT TRY TO REINSTALL WITH DAZ CONNECT!) and then do a clean reinstall with DIM and see what happens. And, of course, check in with the vendor in the product support thread regardless.

Post edited by vwrangler on

Richard Haseltine said:

Have you checked the vendor's thread? There is usually a link in the product files.

Will go onto that next.  Thanks for all your help, much appreciated. 

vwrangler said:

I don't have this version of the product, so for what it's worth: looking at that first logfile image after the DIM install, it looks like there's a pathing issue, or that Studio thinks there's one.

According to the file list in the readme, the path to the preset inside the Genesis 9/Clothing diretory should be: /People/Genesis 9/Clothing/RSSY/Ultimate Clothing Fixer/RSSYUCF Bodysuit Genesis 9.duf

Note that there should be a slash between the word "Fixer" in the directory and the "RSSY" in the file name. According to the image of your log file, Studio doesn't see that slash, and so isn't reading the file name correctly. That may or may not also affect the Fixer's ability to locate all the pieces of itself to work properly.

That said ... the part of the script that you would normally use is in the Scripts directory at /Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Ultimate Clothing Fixer/Ultimate Clothing Fixer G9.dse, the one that shows up in Smart Content with the gray Scripts tag - is that what you've been using? (I have the G8 version of the product, and it has absolutely no user-facing files in the /People/Genesis 8 directories so something may have changed between versions. My suspicion is that the two Wardrobe items are supposed to be more or less hidden, and are where they are because the script needs it, show up in Smart Content because Studio requires it, but should not be used directly.)

The vendor's support thread is at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/667626/released-rssy-ultimate-clothing-fixer-genesis-9-commercial - people don't seem to have had many issues with it since the product came out.

Again, for what it's worth, my suggestion would be to completely uninstall the product, make sure that there aren't any remnants in the Scripts directory or the /data directory or in the Connect directory, check Smart Content to make sure that Studio understands that the product has been uninstalled (DO NOT TRY TO REINSTALL WITH DAZ CONNECT!) and then do a clean reinstall with DIM and see what happens. And, of course, check in with the vendor in the product support thread regardless.

Some very interesting things of note here - thank you.  I'll have a thorough investigation of the points you've raised.