Error in Pretty Base...

nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

https://www.daz3d.com/pretty-base-next-generation-for-genesis-3-female

I thought the model was quite expensive, but even so I was considering it.

I've no idea on the previous models V4 and V3, but the quality control should really have this error. I've not bought it, and would never consider it when the promos fail to deliver the promise given via the wording.

This isn't the only image in the promos that it is apparent.

error.jpg
895 x 1081 - 99K

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    Hmmmm... Seams like there is a problem there.
  • Zev0 said:
    Hmmmm... Seams like there is a problem there.

You seam to be right. wink laugh

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Say it's a tan line. lol

• BruganBrugan Posts: 365

Has anyone bought this yet/checked for this seam error?

It's in my cart and I've been happy with all my Pretty3D purchases in the past but I'm now nervous about pulling the trigger on this one.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970
    edited July 2017
    Brugan said:

It's in my cart and I've been happy with all my Pretty3D purchases in the past but I'm now nervous about pulling the trigger on this one.

Yes, the seam-line is present.

<edit>

Had a quick look at the two surfaces and, apart from the obvious differences in map files, all the settings loook to be the same between the torso and leg zones.  It's strange there seems to be a sudden lack of definition/detail on the upper thigh section of the torso

.image

PB-NG.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 3M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited June 2017

if there is a normal map, remove those from leg and torso - see if that helps. If that is the problem, either remove all normal maps as a temporary fix, or try editing in Gimp/Photoshop. Editing sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't.

Also, check the Image editor - Surfaces > Select a zone Template 2 (for example) > click the diffuse (to start) > Image Editor, and compare the settings with the corresponding setting on the legs (Template 3). The image I included shows what they often are, but they do vary; as long as they agree they're fine. It is necessary to check every one to find the issue (presuming that is the cause).

• The most common issue is Image Gamma set to one when it should be zero.

Example: Template 2 and Template 3 > Base Color should be the same; it can be necessary to check them all.

The two things to check are the most common. Sometimes, although rarely I've found issues with Specular.

image editor.JPG
    537 x 322 - 28K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  • SimonJM said:
    Brugan said:

Yes, the seam-line is present.

<edit>

Had a quick look at the two surfaces and, apart from the obvious differences in map files, all the settings loook to be the same between the torso and leg zones.  It's strange there seems to be a sudden lack of definition/detail on the upper thigh section of the torso

Did you check the gamma settings, in the Image Editor dialogue?

edited July 2017

Image Gamma is set to 0 for both Diffuse maps

Dialling Normap use down to 0 improved it, but - there is a lack of detail in the torso: look at the middle of her thigh, you'll see a vein running vertically up ... until it hits where the torso map takes over, then it's gone?

PB-NG2.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 3M
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,969

Shame, I hope this gets fixed

Shame, I hope this gets fixed

Yes, me too - in fact I really must raise a case so it can be!

edited July 2017
    SimonJM said:

Dialling Normap use down to 0 improved it, but - there is a lack of detail in the torso: look at the middle of her thigh, you'll see a vein running vertically up ... until it hits where the torso map takes over, then it's gone?

It might be any of the maps, not just diffuse.

... But as turning off normal helps is suggestive; of course, it could be more than one issue, but lets hope not.

I may still buy this and use another skin, but is there any word on this? Will there be a fix? ETA?

Brugan said:

I may still buy this and use another skin, but is there any word on this? Will there be a fix? ETA?

The case is open - I have pointed DAZ to this thread for the proof as they coudl not see it when testing, and am awaiting a response - presumably at regh start of next week at the earliest.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

We are going into the 4th of July holiday so it may take a bit longer to get looked at.

• Pretty3DPretty3D Posts: 7
    edited July 2017

Those seams on the promos were noticed while making the promos and they had fixed. There isn't any problem with the product on the store now. These renders were used accidentaly. We are making new renders, and all the promos will be updated. You can buy and use the product easily

Post edited by Pretty3D on
    Pretty3D said:

Those seams on the promos were noticed while making the promos and they had fixed. There isn't any problem with the product on the store now. These renders were used accidentaly. We are making new renders, and all the promos will be updated. You can buy and use the product easily

Since I got the seam issue from my download, via DIM, I suspect that something went awry in the packaging?

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Yeah, sounds like a QA packaging mistake, easy to fix since Pretty3D already gave them updated files.

She's a really pretty character, I used the heck out of Pretty Base for V4 back in the day.

• bsettbsett Posts: 74
    edited July 2017

I purchased this product this morning. If I load the character and do nothing else other then  try to apply nipples in shaping it will change the head morph. Is that supposed to happen?

As you can see in the second image the PBNG on the right has reverted back to it's Gen 3 head shape even though the head slidder in shaping stills show 100% for PBNG head shape and this happen with only nipples applied via slider in shaping.

PBNG1.jpg
    1441 x 1080 - 713K
    PBNG2.jpg
    1318 x 1080 - 652K
    Post edited by bsett on
    Fisty said:

Yeah, sounds like a QA packaging mistake, easy to fix since Pretty3D already gave them updated files.

She's a really pretty character, I used the heck out of Pretty Base for V4 back in the day.

sure is.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,201
    bsett said:

I purchased this product this morning. If I load the character and do nothing else other then  try to apply nipples in shaping it will change the head morph. Is that supposed to happen?

As you can see in the second image the PBNG on the right has reverted back to it's Gen 3 head shape even though the head slidder in shaping stills show 100% for PBNG head shape and this happen with only nipples applied via slider in shaping.

yikes...

all of this does add a strange dimension of realism to the character, though.

a really pretty girl with lots of issues.  expensive to take out, too, of course...

j

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    edited July 2017
    Pretty3D said:

Sorry, but no. I love your products, so this is quite a shock, but I downloaded it yesterday and yes, it's broken.

I can see the mismatch in my renders, as well. It looks like the smooth pore-and-defect-free zone is straddling the seam between the torso and thigh textures by about 4cm on each side of the seam.

But applying/removing the nipples affects nothing else, for me.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,201

will someone please let us know when (and if) the DIM update releases, and the seam issue is fixed? 

thanks!

j

• MytilusMytilus Posts: 10

Hello Mates!
    The problem was caused from normal map that was shown only from some angels on some lights. So it could pass from our tests and even DAZ's test. Actually, during the test; the tester found a seam over there and then we fixed and the tester also checked and said ok... Because, as I said it doesn't shown every time but now we fixed it and uploaded the new files and the promos.. I guess it is going to be available in a near time.

Thank you for opening this thread and your posts..

Mytilus & Pretty3D

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

Hello Mates!
    The problem was caused from normal map that was shown only from some angels on some lights. So it could pass from our tests and even DAZ's test. Actually, during the test; the tester found a seam over there and then we fixed and the tester also checked and said ok... Because, as I said it doesn't shown every time but now we fixed it and uploaded the new files and the promos.. I guess it is going to be available in a near time.

Thank you for opening this thread and your posts..

Mytilus & Pretty3D

Thank you for this, and for responding here in person to us all. As many, I love your
    products and find them very well made and easy to work with. This is the only
    complaint I've ever had with any of your products, and it was pretty minor!

edited July 2017
    SimonJM said:

We also fixed the vein problem you mentioned. We sent the new files to DAZ. It will be updated in a near time and let you know. Thank you.

Ok thanks - look forward to seeing the updates smiley

Purchased, thank you Pretty3D and Mytius :)

Hello Mates, 

Pretty Base NG was updated, you can download and use the new one. Thank you for your interest and have fun with the products.. :)

Mytilus & Pretty3D

Hello Mates, 

Pretty Base NG was updated, you can download and use the new one. Thank you for your interest and have fun with the products.. :)

Mytilus & Pretty3D

Great thanks - just as well as DAZ have come back saying they can't see an issue with the images I posted ...!

• bsett said:

Has this issue been addressed? I am having the exact same problem.  Any insight into how to fix this would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

E