!!! The most detailed Circus model

Comments

• Ralf1958Ralf1958 Posts: 688
    th3Digit said:

its all so very awesome

BTW if you ever did try an animation, composition is your friend, you layer image series like the pro's do, nobody does it all in one scene at that scale

a series of 360 renders on concentric spheres with alpha channels with just the ring animated is another way in DS itself

I still don't know where to start with @th3Digit :-)

Greybro said:

First off, way to fill a niche. I love it when folks notice something from the real world not represented in the 3D world and decided to fill that missing item with new content! As others have noted, you are sleighing this. Congrats!

Thank you!!! :-) Circus is my life and my passion! That's why I put all my hearth in it.

This costume is on my to do list. It's going to be my next project, together with the gigantic (15) elephants act! It was a star wars theme with intergalactic music and incredible (for that time) light/fog effects. Stunning!!! The act doesn't exist anymore, the picture is from back in 1989... Worth to recreate it! :-)

Starting with the helmet...

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

This thread is incredibly fascinating!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

@Ralf1958 this is an absolutely amazing project and would certainly be an instant buy if you are able to release it here at DAZ.  You mentioned that you may have issues with developing the textures for this product and use others shaders instead.  Have you considered collaberating with another PA who creates beautiful shaders and textures?  Two that come to mind instantly are Esha and DestinysGarden.

TigerAnne said:

This thread is incredibly fascinating!

Thank you @TigerAnne!

Kharma said:

@Ralf1958 this is an absolutely amazing project and would certainly be an instant buy if you are able to release it here at DAZ.  You mentioned that you may have issues with developing the textures for this product and use others shaders instead.  Have you considered collaberating with another PA who creates beautiful shaders and textures?  Two that come to mind instantly are Esha and DestinysGarden.

@Kharma - That's a great idea! I never thought about it. I am stalling a bit on the project right now. There are so many details to complete and I got a bit lost.

edited October 2018

This was a real challenge, since I had never done organic modelling before. I hope I will never have to deal with it again! To do that in Sketchup is so difficult and I think some people around here would have gotten way better results. I would say... it turned out "ok"... not perfect but... ok... :-)

What do you guys think?

Post edited by Ralf1958 on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

I think you got very very close to the original, and with texturing it would probably be perfect!

Yes, it looks good :-) From the distance it's perfect. Helmet and laser sword are fine. Next step is the costume... 

• Ralf1958 said:

This was a real challenge, since I had never done organic modelling before. I hope I will never have to deal with it again! To do that in Sketchup is so difficult and I think some people around here would have gotten way better results. I would say... it turned out "ok"... not perfect but... ok... :-)

What do you guys think?

I've been quietly lurking and reading thread for several months. I think you did an awesome job of recreating the helmet.

Trish

Ralf1958 said:

I've been quietly lurking and reading thread for several months. I think you did an awesome job of recreating the helmet.

Trish

Thank you @Stormlyght 

Sometimes I feel a bit lost. I wish I would have spent more time on Blender. Probably it's easier to create some stuff with that software. Somehow I got stucked with Sketchup and this helmet really made me sweat. :-)

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,000

Just went through this thread, it's amazing! Fantastic job @Ralf1958, I can tell you are enjoying the journey to create this!

Paintbox said:

I think you got very very close to the original, and with texturing it would probably be perfect!

@Paintbox - I'm not to good on texturing... but since most of my stuff is not ment for close ups, fortunately it doesn't really matters :-)

Just went through this thread, it's amazing! Fantastic job @Ralf1958, I can tell you are enjoying the journey to create this!

@Gigi_FenixPhoenix - Yes, having a lot of fun with it :-)

• I just went through your thread, wow! What a bunch of wonderful work...your passion for the circus really comes through.

@Summerhorse - Yes! My true passion! :-)

Costumes for the elephant act "out of this world" are finished! :-) By the way, this act was shown at Ringling in 1990/1991.

edited October 2018

For those who are wondering where I'm trying to go with my circus... well, getting close to the original. This is a picture of 1989...

Am I getting close? :-)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Ralf1958 said:

For sure, mate! A little DoF wouldn't hurt thoughsmiley

Ralf1958 said:

For sure, mate! A little DoF wouldn't hurt thoughsmiley

Ok! Never tryed DoF before... thanks for the advice :-)

edited November 2018

Good morning everyone! :-)

edited October 2018

Work in progress...

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Just reading through the thread for the first time. Amazing work! You have quite the talent for modeling, lighting and camera positioning. Looking forward to seeing more.

Almost there...

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Alright now you're talkinglaugh Impressive!

Alright now you're talkinglaugh Impressive!

Thank you, Sven! :-) The next costumes I will work on, are the golden ones. It will take a bit of time I guess.

Bild könnte enthalten: Nacht

Haven't worked to much on this project in the last year...

Bild könnte enthalten: 3 Personen, Personen, die sitzen und im Freien