• Ralf1958Ralf1958 Posts: 688

Bild könnte enthalten: Nacht und im Freien

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

So many great scenes & renders here!

So many great scenes & renders here!

Thanks! :-)

In this render I tryed the "AtmoCam for Iray" from Marshian and I am really happy about the dusty atmosphere and on how the godray of the spotlights came out.

AC 72.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    Ralf1958 said:

In this render I tryed the "AtmoCam for Iray" from Marshian and I am really happy about the dusty atmosphere and on how the godray of the spotlights came out.

Oh, that's really good!

edited July 2020

This is what I am actually working on. The flying trapeze act. I started thinking about having many details in it, but it doesn't make much sense, since it's always beeing seen from far away. The next steps are to import it to DAZ, set the right materials on it and hang it inside the tent. :-)

Flying Trapeze.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 391K
    Post edited by Ralf1958 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

this is really awesomw yes

this is really awesomw yes

Thanks! :-)

RGcincy said:
    Ralf1958 said:

Oh, that's really good!

Thank you! :-)

I just stopped this render. I wanted to try out how it looks with DOF. After 16 hours I didn't want to wait any longer, since I want to go on with the trapeze act :-)

AC 74.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Hey @Ralf1958 - you're work is amazing! Sorry if this has been asked before, but is any of it for sale (including the trailers in your sig)?

- Greg

Hey @Ralf1958 - you're work is amazing! Sorry if this has been asked before, but is any of it for sale (including the trailers in your sig)?

- Greg

Hey Greg! Actually I am thinking about selling one day. The mayor issue is, that there are thousands of items in it and they aren't organized at all! Most of the textures are saved here and there on my harddrive. It's going to take forever to pack everything together. But... One day I will! :-)

Well, please post here if/when you decide to. I've got the thread bookmarked and would definitely be a buyer. Cheers!

- Greg

Ralf1958 said:

- Greg

Hey Greg! Actually I am thinking about selling one day. The mayor issue is, that there are thousands of items in it and they aren't organized at all! Most of the textures are saved here and there on my harddrive. It's going to take forever to pack everything together. But... One day I will! :-)

I'm not a content creator, but I did purchase a couple of tools that you may find helpful:

https://www.daz3d.com/content-gatherer

https://www.daz3d.com/file-reference-editor

https://www.daz3d.com/dson-editor

There may be other tools available in the store that may help, too.

- Greg

Count me as a buyer too!

Ralf1958 said:
    I'm not a content creator, but I did purchase a couple of tools that you may find helpful:

https://www.daz3d.com/content-gatherer

https://www.daz3d.com/file-reference-editor

https://www.daz3d.com/dson-editor

There may be other tools available in the store that may help, too.

- Greg

Yes, I already own the content gatherer. Maybe I should start working with it. Bought it years ago and never used it :-)

Count me as a buyer too!

Great! :-)

I think it's turning out pretty well... :-)

Flying Trapeze 01.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M

Getting there...

Flying Trapeze 02.png
    1920 x 1080 - 443K

Oh yes! :-)

Flying Trapeze 03.png
    960 x 540 - 1000K

Happy so far...

Flying Trapeze 04.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I for one would love to buy all the stuff you have made for this Circus if you ever decided to sell it here!!

I for one would love to buy all the stuff you have made for this Circus if you ever decided to sell it here!!

Love to hear this! :-)

The flying trapeze act is looking good. Added a ladder and rope but... still a bit work to do on it...  :-)

Flying Trapeze 05.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M

Here we go! The flying trapeze is ready to go! Added the pulleys on top. Next step is the safety net.

Flying Trapeze 06.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

You should reach out to circus museums out there, since you pretty much did a full reconstruction. Incredible work.

Paintbox said:

You should reach out to circus museums out there, since you pretty much did a full reconstruction. Incredible work.

Thank you! :-)

Ralf1958 said:

Here we go! The flying trapeze is ready to go! Added the pulleys on top. Next step is the safety net.

Wow!

I run across a few errors in my measurements, so I totally rebuilt the flying trapeze act. What's missing now are the fastening wires and, of course, the safety net. :-)

Flying Trapeze 08.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M

I have a question. It's something that bothers me since the first render and I cannot find a way to fix it. Maybe you guys know how. Please take a look of my last render and focus on the white/blue/red segments of the tent. Do you see the artifacts where those colours meet? The texture is very big, something like 10.000px wide and a png file. I tryed to make it way smaller... but the results did not change. I tried to change to jpg... same results. I tryed subdivision... Same thing. The only thing that comes up in my mind now, is that those white/blue/red colours might be the problem. What do you think?

edited August 2020
    Ralf1958 said:

I have a question. It's something that bothers me since the first render and I cannot find a way to fix it. Maybe you guys know how. Please take a look of my last render and focus on the white/blue/red segments of the tent. Do you see the artifacts where those colours meet? The texture is very big, something like 10.000px wide and a png file. I tryed to make it way smaller... but the results did not change. I tried to change to jpg... same results. I tryed subdivision... Same thing. The only thing that comes up in my mind now, is that those white/blue/red colours might be the problem. What do you think?

I see what you're talking about but those aren't actually artifacts but I'm pretty sure an unintentional optical illusion although I'm not a visual scientist to be able to tell you what about human eyes causes that optical illusion. I think the problem is caused by blue being on the opposite end of the color spectrum to red and then white is really bright. A deep red & grey & same blue might to the trick & still look bright red, white, & blue.The shift in frequencies is too much for the eyes to accurately see where the three colors meet.

Try brightening the blue & red & dimming the white. Or similar adjustments to tonally make them duller and dimmer. That's just a guess on my part on how to handle it. I have no ideal if it'd work. You can use an eye dropper color picker to help you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_illusion#:~:text=%20%20%20%20v%20t%20e%20Optical,%20Accidental%20viewpoint%20Auditory%20illusions%20%20...%20

Post edited by nonesuch00 on