• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited June 2013

ok this is better...Had to change the name of it to Winter Blizzard....LOL

Winter_Home6a.jpg
    1403 x 700 - 850K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

Cris333 - I'm amazed at the stuff done in Bryce, thanks for sharing the file, I would love to have a look at it.

Trish - is the snow Bryce or Photoshop, it looks cool. :)

edited December 1969

These are the brushes I got them when they were on sale here at the store and they work in PS2 and above He has a bunch of different ones.......Trish

ron.jpg
    372 x 555 - 167K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Rons brushes are cool. I am still working with my old version of PS, so can't use them, although I have to admit I did DL the CS2 version you mention, just haven't got round to installing it yet. I have some of his older brushes, when he was still releasing them to work with my version.

I also have a couple of the sets where he includes PSD layers and backgrounds. They are fun as well, especially Digital Energy
    http://www.daz3d.com/rons-digital-energy

• cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited June 2013

Thank you Horo and Trish , much appreciated. I'm glad you like the scene .Have fun with this cool scene by adding/removing objects rocks, space ships or even planets,my default objects may not be displaced in a professional manner but important is the final render/effect.

I tried as much as i could to create the realistic space clouds of dust and gas WITHOUT hdr or background images, nor volumetric clouds by using vertical sky slabs. The render time is very short without hdr or clouds.

(Do not add spheres with clouds, these won't render very well since the scene is already in a huge dust sphere - "Solar system ambient")

Post edited by cris333 on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Continuing to experiment with "out of range" material lab settings. This effect is caused by extreme reflection.

Trace10.jpg
    800 x 800 - 167K
    edited June 2013

David: you are really getting some nice renders !! I hope you are busy making videos......LOL This render I used a photo and mapped it to the terrain Let me know what you think I didn't add a lot of details to the picture........Trish P.S. Guss did you find that control panel yet???

Mountain_life.jpg
    1284 x 861 - 614K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2013

Bullit...very nice...looks like some kind of delta going uphill.

As you're just playing around with it, what if you made a bump of the colour photograph (that is, discard the colour in the photograph and save it as a seperate b/w photograph, and then combine both it and the original coloured as one. It might give you additional effects with light striking the bumpy parts, whereever they might fall.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

David: you are really getting some nice renders !! I hope you are busy making videos......LOL This render I used a photo and mapped it to the terrain Let me know what you think I didn't add a lot of details to the picture........Trish P.S. Guss did you find that control panel yet???

Busy doing real work. Plus side - getting paid - down side - tired out - not much hobby time. Winter will return soon enough though. Even in the Autumn the work thins out rapidly.

Mixing terrains and renders... it is a good idea, a lot of possibilities using this approach! Looks good.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

@David - looking good.

@Trish - looks interesting.

edited December 1969

Jay: thanks for the idea I will work on that....and thanks for the details on how to do it (I need that part a lot) the details....LOL
    David: Thank you....I was on cgsociety.org last night and they were talking about a new version of octane render coming out soon...Don't work too hard I enjoy your videos....
    Horo: thank you also

Well I am done for the day as I fell trying to avoid the cat......so a pain pill and some good dreams coming.......zzzzzzzz

• BurrManBurrMan Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Continuing to experiment with "out of range" material lab settings. This effect is caused by extreme reflection.

I liked your video on the extreme ambient and it's results.........Very cool.

• launoklaunok Posts: 793
    edited June 2013

"Google Valley Shopping Mall" is a recent model done by using SketchUp models and Daz3D's Genesis. The other few are way back when I only started out with Bryce 5 so nothing special there. I have taught myself 3D and Bryce by trial and error! Please excuse poor lightning and such, as this is an ongoing learning process, all the way!

Laura

228102_5797403618_6530_n.jpg
    564 x 379 - 59K
    230592_5796728618_8962_n.jpg
    604 x 452 - 53K
    4834_117053808618_749472_n.jpg
    604 x 405 - 72K
    216780_10151603755113619_1074444280_n.jpg
    960 x 483 - 55K
    Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

Jay: thanks for the idea I will work on that....and thanks for the details on how to do it (I need that part a lot) the details....LOL
    David: Thank you....I was on cgsociety.org last night and they were talking about a new version of octane render coming out soon...Don't work too hard I enjoy your videos....

Well I am done for the day as I fell trying to avoid the cat......so a pain pill and some good dreams coming.......zzzzzzzz

Thank you. Well yes, needless to say, I'm also experimenting with Octane side by side, here is this little scene in Bryce exported and converted by Horo's program and turned into a terrain and then a mesh and rendered in Octane.

Green_vicky_terrain.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 222K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@cris: Wow, looks like what's seen through the Hubble telescope. Really nice work.

@Trish: Control panel...control panel...oooohhhh, control panel! Ah, no, didn't find the control panel, yet. The hint section is still real glitchy. Really like the look of your latest castle snow images. The first one looks as though it going through a heavy rain downpour. The second a very nice snow scene, though from personal experience I'd hesitate referring to it as a blizzard. Were it a blizzard the castle would not be visible. And possibly the trees also. Still, I really like what you've accomplished. Your last image is rather interesting. Besides the nice birds, one which seems about to become lunch, I see lava cooling. I believe the objects on the upper right are clouds(?) but they remind me of steam coming off cooling lave hitting water.

@David: Two more very nice images. The second image has a very plastic look to it. Or very green Jade. Any idea why the near arm looks as though it was in motion when the image was made? And both feet have a cast(?) to them, the heel on the left foot and the whole right foot. Still, really like the results.

edited December 1969

@launok - nice renders. I like the idea with the Easter Island heads and the soft celos.

@David - has a quality of Jade. Something with the terrain is odd, as GussNemo already observed.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Bullit...apologies for not giving details re: b/w and bump stuff - image below will hopefully explain.

It’s not a serious app., but just one for playing around with, however, it can at times be useful when, say, you have a ‘flat (2D) picture and want to get more out of it three-dimensionally. Making a b/w of it, and then applying it as a combined bump, you can get some interesting results. There are probably other ways around this, however, it’s something I use now and then; giving my limited experience with Bryce. Note, ideally, bump maps work better as 16-bit, however, 8-bit (as here) can still be used. Also note, the below was applied to Bryce's 2D Face and Sphere, however, it can equally be done on a terrain, too.

Launok....love the ‘checkmate’ one of all...very nice.

Cheers

Bullit.jpg
    1255 x 1966 - 612K
    edited December 1969

Jay: I see said the blind man as he stumbled into the post......That makes quite a difference!! cool...Thanks I wasn't being a smarty pants before I actually did think I knew how to do that .....but I did need your help after all.......I have saved the instructions.

David: it really does look like Jade...beautiful

Horo : Is this going to be for sale soon or are you still working on it ( the jade maker??)

edited December 1969

David is the Jade maker. We do work on a product but got a bit side-tracked - each one in his own way. You know, once you go a bit deeper to get something working, you stumble over something else and while investigating that, you stumble over yet another couple of things - and all are intriguing. It is sometimes difficult to stay focused because of the new things that pop up. You can't ignore them because they may prove to be just the piece that is missing - or leads you off in a completely different direction which you just must follow before you forget it.

edited December 1969

Thank you. Well yes, needless to say, I'm also experimenting with Octane side by side, here is this little scene in Bryce exported and converted by Horo's program and turned into a terrain and then a mesh and rendered in Octane.

Sorry I've caused some confusion here, the jade is rendered in Octane (which has very good SSS capability) , the mesh was exported from Bryce, which in turn was a terrain, which in turn was a 16 bit heightmap converted from a distance mask (using Horo's program) which in turn was a scene built in Bryce using Vicky and a couple of two part cubes made in Wings3D.

So you see things get a bit convoluted when you start experimenting.

edited June 2013

I went back to my Goddess series.

This is the Summer Goddess, Goddess as Mother, Goddess of fertility

Again I am not certain if it worked out quite right.

Goddess_as_Mother.jpg
    675 x 900 - 572K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I went back to my Goddess series.

This is the Summer Goddess, Goddess as Mother, Goddess of fertility

Again I am not certain if it worked out quite right.

Works very well, if anything due to your skill at creating a painterly effect with the render, the hard edged nature of the swirling lines (fractal?) is slightly jarring. Maybe some coloured light sources, matching the effect, put in scene would help blend them in a bit? Just a thought.

OK to show I'm also doing Bryce renders too... here's another styalised effect experiment.

Trace11.jpg
    800 x 800 - 181K
    edited December 1969

David: lions and tigers and bears oh my.......It figures I would really like the jade one....convoluted you say ....LOL I'd say way over my head but totally interesting watching you create!!!

Cholole: did you do that with rons brushes??? nice colors!! Wilmap pointed me to a web site about texture maps is that you by chance??

I finally got the horse dressed and it only took me the better part of the day.......man... dare I say studio is really a pain for me to use!!! but he is going in Bryce7Pro

horse.jpg
    835 x 698 - 285K
    edited June 2013

Cholole: did you do that with rons brushes??? nice colors!! Wilmap pointed me to a web site about texture maps is that you by chance??

Actually they are form the PSD's that came with the Digital ENergy brushes, but yes Ron's.

And as for the web site, check my sig line. :)

V
    V
    V
    V

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

@Pam - Very nice. Could use a sun goddess here. At the beginning of the week we had a temperature record with 35°C, now we're back at 12°C. And since the longest day has passed, we're approaching winter.

@David - I like that one. like woven with thick thread.

@Trish - dressed horse looks great. Oh Studio is a pain for you? Well, stronger words occur to me when I'm attempting to use it - usually in vain.

The terrain was made from a Bryce exported HDRI from the room I'm sitting in using Horo's little converter. The scene is lit by the very HDRI. Material is David's Solar Cell Waver, adjusted. 12 terrains total. The tower in the foreground left is the light from the bulb, the sun at right is the lamp with that bulb. I call it The Blast.

blast.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 285K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Pam - Very nice. Could use a sun goddess here. At the beginning of the week we had a temperature record with 35°C, now we're back at 12°C. And since the longest day has passed, we're approaching winter.

I know what you mean, we had one night where the temp dropped so much they had frost up in Mid Wales and here in South Wales we had the heating on, it's supposed to be late June for dog's sake, not Winter.

edited June 2013

Horo Thanks...Yes I have stronger words for studio but I thought better than to expose my bad side to everyone...LOL!! I like your city a lot!!

Chohole: yes that's you alright you have some awesome creations there very beautiful things....WOW!!!!

Post edited by Trish on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Pam: Love the colored string art in that image. It actually makes the entire image look complete.

@David: The results of that experiment are really neat. It reminds me of finely done needle point.

@Trish: I seem to remember having the same reaction to using DAZ Studio for the first time, I seem to have the same opinion of all programs used for the first time. Bryce included. I've learned, though, with use it does become easier. You've done a marvelous job getting that horse ready for the parade. Hopefully it won't walk under any low hanging branches. :-) (smileys still not working)

@Horo: Beautiful image you have shown us. So much for the eye to see. Nicely done.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited June 2013

@David: Love the jade and that stylized effect made me think of Voxel-type 3D stuff. Nice job!

@Bullit: Love the horse! I tried DAZStudio a couple of years back....I'd be willing to bet I used some of the same words you did! :)

@Chohole: Great work on Summer Goddess! Were the "light waves" done post-processing? (EDIT: Oops! Missed the part about how you did it.)

@ Horo: Love the city. You guys are all very inspirational!

Not sure I'm completely satisfied, but I finally gave up and hit the render button. Learned a lot using David's tutorial on pearlescent materials and anisotropy.

Pearl1.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited June 2013

just for the fun of it I call this one "New Diet" It really is a sky in Bryce not a backdrop Dragons on the left and right have david and horo's metals with a few changes

Fencepost: I like yours very much!!

Guss: yes if this keeps up I am going back to playing with carrara at least the directions are finished......LOL meanwhile... Those poor people in the new users forum are probably like oh no not her again.......LOL

New_Diet.jpg
    1316 x 656 - 282K
    Post edited by Trish on
This discussion has been closed.