Using DAZ and Genesis in free games?

Hi I was wondering since DAZ is free and some contents here are for sale are some assets like the Gen 8 bodies for males and females allowed to be used in a free game.

I wanted to use Unity to make a little island with a little cabin and have the player can play as one of the two characters on the small island.

I dont plan on profiting from this game, maybe asking for donations to pay for the various tools and assets I had to pay for.

What are my options here? Can I use Daz? Are Daz models even proper assets to be used in games? Like rendering properly and etc...

If some liscencing fee is required where do I get more info considering my case?

The EULA makes my head spin, I understand none of it.

Comments

• I'm afraid that even a free game requires the purchase of the relevant |Game Developer Licenses (assuming it's a 3D game, if it's just using pre-rendered 2D images and videos then the basic EULA is all you need).

• So where can I get info on these liscences? I cant find anything.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,416
    edited September 2017

Assuming your income level is right you'd probably want https://www.daz3d.com/indie-game-developer-license - that copvers content that lists Daz 3D as the, or a, vendor.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

You can find the licenses for the other vendors in the shop as well, though not all vendors do offer licenses: https://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=license

• For a simple game with a limited amount of content you might want to look at Morph3d.com , Daz' sister site, from which you can purchase individual game-licensed models.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,123

Can Daz renders be used to make 2.5D games?  I like those games on my tablet.  They are not true 3D figures.  It is most likely a world building game with quests or something.

• Depends on the data - if they use 2D images on spirtes placed in a 3D environment (which isn't a Daz model) then they would be 2D as far as licensing went.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    One of the big things that the license covers is your right to distribute the actual 3d mesh as part of your game.