Daz3d to Zbrush genesis 3/8

How to load genesis 8/3 male/female to zbrush with textures? because with GoZ it's always loading without base textures, thank you.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,416
    edited September 2017

With difficulty. The daz figures use multiple maps for the same property across the figure, which ZBrush doesn't yet support (UDIMs in Genesis 3 and 8). In order to get textures into ZBrush you would need to have groups based on the division into textures, which means a bit of work in DS to combine the surfaces (though they aren't too heavily split), exporting as OBJ, importing into ZBrush using mats as groups, importing the textures, then hiding all but one group and applying the textures for that group as Polypaint, then if you want to modify rather than render you'd have to do the reverse to get maps you could export and apply in DS. Don't forget that maps to be flipped on their V axis on import into/export from ZBrush.

An alternative approach, if you have a UV editor, is to move each UDIN tile into a corner (of the main skin maps - head, torso, arms, and legs) so everything is on one map, make a copy of one of the textures, enlarge the canvas to put the map in the right corner for the new UVs, and add the other maps to their correct corner of the enlarged map, import that lot into ZBrush, and if that's the goal make chnages, export, and split the map down into its original quadrants for use in DS.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312

Hi Mika.

Richard helped with this topic a few years ago.

Here is the message thread

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/433842/#Comment_433842

Its titled, "Trying to use new Merchant Resource Product in zBrush"

In this scenario I wanted to import G2F textues into zBrush and I wanted to change them in zBrush. Richard helped me out. Check it out.