Issue - toonimal kitty rendering all white - resolved

Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148
edited September 2017 in The Commons

I decided to see how my toony figures render.  Chip came out fine (didn't render fully, I was just testing), however toonimal kitty kept rendering white, instead of either the gray or orange/beige.  Those colors/materials did appear in the viewport, but just would not render.  I tried in iray and in 3delight, and I had the same issue.  Does anyone know why I'm having this issue and how I can fix it?

kitty renders all white.jpg
1000 x 750 - 141K
Post edited by Worlds_Edge on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

In 3DL check the Ambient...it should be 0 and black...not 1 (or 100) and white/any other color.

• Shaders turning all white I can usually solve by closing studio and opening again, sometimes with a computer restart. I have seen comments before about clearing a temp file but I don't know which one.
  • Ok, thank you both.  After I finish rendering something else I will try both your suggestions :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Shaders turning all white I can usually solve by closing studio and opening again, sometimes with a computer restart. I have seen comments before about clearing a temp file but I don't know which one.

That's usually for a specific shader...the AoA SSS shader.

• Restarting Daz Studio worked.  It's weird that one figure would render with textures while the other wouldn't, but restart worked so I'm good with that.  I'll try that first next time I have an issue :)  Thank you!