Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials: What's been updated?

Daywalker DesignsDaywalker Designs Posts: 3,586
edited September 2017 in The Commons

[Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials: What's been updated?] As in the title; and please don't tell me to check the non-existant readme, as I did that first thing.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I don't know what all's been fixed or changed. But since I've updated to it I've had good and bad. The good - my log file is showing up in Daz again (for a while it's been missing). The bad - Now "Go Z" isn't working for me. Every time I try and transfer a figure to ZBrush it crashes ZBrush.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853

The official information for that product including changes should be at the following URL but it is empty.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/42071/start

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

I'm now able to put shoes on him using autofit without them getting mangled and flying off his feet. Still no footwear option so you have to select Full Body but now they actually fit. Also, it no longer appears as if he has a "bulge" morph already loaded, leading to less pokethru on pants. As before, he has no pants option in autofit, selecting Full Body does the trick here too.  And for some weird reason the installer puts two identical Genesis 8 Male icons in Smart Content but they both point to the same character. No idea what that's all about, nor what other fixes -- or breakages -- there might be. 

• I don't know what all's been fixed or changed. But since I've updated to it I've had good and bad. The good - my log file is showing up in Daz again (for a while it's been missing). The bad - Now "Go Z" isn't working for me. Every time I try and transfer a figure to ZBrush it crashes ZBrush.

That's odd; didn't yet install the updated G8M stuff, so I can't confirm it's the cause of your problem.

nDelphi said:

The official information for that product including changes should be at the following URL but it is empty.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/42071/start

Yep; checked there first and found it still empty.

Byrdie said:

I'm now able to put shoes on him using autofit without them getting mangled and flying off his feet. Still no footwear option so you have to select Full Body but now they actually fit. Also, it no longer appears as if he has a "bulge" morph already loaded, leading to less pokethru on pants. As before, he has no pants option in autofit, selecting Full Body does the trick here too.  And for some weird reason the installer puts two identical Genesis 8 Male icons in Smart Content but they both point to the same character. No idea what that's all about, nor what other fixes -- or breakages -- there might be. 

Hmm, good to know these things. Thanks.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,618

Documentation of updates seems to be fairly patchy even when there is a readme. I always check the readme when there is an update, sometimes there is an entry under Resolved Issues but this section is often still blank after updates.