Is .DUFF conversion possible?

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 674

Can a Character created in DazStudio be converted to an OBJ file that would open in Kotobee-Author software?  (which has an option to load 3d OBJ files in interactive ebooks)

I haven't located any information that suggests that a .duf file can be converted to OBJ, so I'm trying to establish if one can or not.

It would be nice to be able to use some of my DazStudio content in Kotobee Author's 3d panel.

I'm guessing...that isn't possible?

...but checking into it.

z27.JPG
1226 x 658 - 91K
z28.JPG
1087 x 706 - 84K
Post edited by dash2128 on

Comments

• File>Export, choose Wavefront OBJ.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 674

Thanks!

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    edited October 2017

erm, doesn't this mean the obj files would be redistributed with the ebook, if you distribute the ebook, that is. I don't think that is allowed ..... unless you are the original creator of the model....

Post edited by glaseye on
  • Yes, if the final result includes 3D data then it would be permissible only with a Game Developer License for the content used, if then.

glaseye said:

erm, doesn't this mean the obj files would be redistributed with the ebook, if you distribute the ebook, that is. I don't think that is allowed ..... unless you are the original creator of the model....

glaseye said:

Oh, I never thought of that.

Well...I can use the videos I made from my daz software, and upload them as epub files to an ebook...correct?

(I don't need a Game Developer License for that...do I?)

• You need a Game Dev license if you're exporting the 3D mesh into a 3D format that can be used in anything other than Daz Studio, unless you're exporting it for your own personal use with the intent to re-import into Daz Studio.

For example, exporting in a 3D format that can be read by Blender, Maya, 3D Studio Max, and the like for the purposes of modifying the 3D mesh or making 3D mesh assets for it (clothes, shoes, hair, etc), which will then be imported into Daz Studio as a prop or clothing figure. 

2D renders, including still images and movies, from which a 3D mesh cannot be extracted do not require a Game Dev license.

You need a Game Dev license if you're exporting the 3D mesh into a 3D format that can be used in anything other than Daz Studio, unless you're exporting it for your own personal use with the intent to re-import into Daz Studio.

For example, exporting in a 3D format that can be read by Blender, Maya, 3D Studio Max, and the like for the purposes of modifying the 3D mesh or making 3D mesh assets for it (clothes, shoes, hair, etc), which will then be imported into Daz Studio as a prop or clothing figure. 

2D renders, including still images and movies, from which a 3D mesh cannot be extracted do not require a Game Dev license.

I think I understand, and until I thought about transfering a 3d figure to an outside interface, I was just going to transfer video (animation and/or stills) that I created in DS, and upload them as a video or JPEG (picture) file.

That will work, anyway, so I'll stick to that.