Cloning G2 to G3 and G8

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I have a number of characters I've developed using the G2 base.  They are generally combinations of existing characters PAs or DAZ sell.  It'll take a morph here, a skin over there, do some mods of my own, and bring them all together to develope a unique character.  In some cases, I know what I used because I kept track.  In other cases, I have no clue.

The picture provided shows Jasmine, Betty, and Jack (from left to right) with a mix of Genesis, G2, and G3 assets.  And actually, I think the gun might be V4 or V3 era.  There's a G2 version of it, but I like the older one better for some reason and tend to use it.  Yeah...I mix a lot.

So here's my issue.  It is getting increasingly difficult to get the G3 and especially G8 stuff to work with G2, and if we're being honest no autofit is exactly perfect.  G3 clothing works best on G3 characters.  So I would like to take my G2 characters and clone them to G3 and G8.  G1 too if the option is there.  Is there a way to do that?

Note again that I don't always know what base morphs and skins I used to make these characters.

Do you have any suggestions?

Mudhole 1920 2.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited October 2017

Have you tried exporting your dialed characters as OBJs and reimporting them via Morph Loader Pro on G8? Do you have GenX by any chance? GenX can get all your morphs to G3 no problem (give or take a little directory modifying if you're working with Daz Connect) and from there you can use Singular Blues' Script to get them to G8.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • Have you tried exporting your dialed characters as OBJs and reimporting them via Morph Loader Pro on G8?

That won't work between figures - the mesh topology has to match at the vertex level

• drzapdrzap Posts: 795

Have you tried exporting your dialed characters as OBJs and reimporting them via Morph Loader Pro on G8?

That won't work between figures - the mesh topology has to match at the vertex level

So if we export an obj, retopologize and Morph Load it back in, it should work?

• drzap said:

Have you tried exporting your dialed characters as OBJs and reimporting them via Morph Loader Pro on G8?

So if we export an obj, retopologize and Morph Load it back in, it should work?

No. if you hit exactly the right number of vertices it might load the morph, but it would almost certainly look like a transporter accident as bits of the surface jumped all over the place.

• missuskissesmissuskisses Posts: 918
    edited October 2017

How about:

Have not had the chance to test this yet, but that would be what I'd attempt to do.

Post edited by missuskisses on
  • The potential issue with amalgamating morphs like that si that you lose any corrective morphs associated with the constituent morphs that kick only when some other property is set - a bend, for example, or an expression morph.

• Thanks for all the ideas guys.

I've not tried any of that.  I was hoping to mine the hivemind a bit before I started mining beyond my own depth...and to be honest, my depth is pretty shallow when it comes to this.  ;)