Can old Charmed outfit be used for adults?

freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
edited November 2017 in The Commons

I was looking through all the sale stuff and ran across this little guy... https://www.daz3d.com/charmed

It's pretty much love at first glance on the outfit, but then I noticed it was just for kids and wondered if anyone had tried to convert it to adult figures and how difficult it is.  I've never seen an outfit that has quite this much character for an adult figure but if there is something out there I'd love to have the links.  The pulling on the buttons, the bowler hat.  Just so much fun.  The texturs would need to be updated I'm sure but I can handle that. 

charmed character.PNG
367 x 458 - 381K
Post edited by freni-kyn on

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

If you have the clone for the Kids 4 for Genesis you can load the clothing to Genesis and save it as a wearable preset. Then your adult characters can wear it. I have several Kids 4 outfits that I use on adult characters. The Kids 4 clothing that I have transfer pretty well for adult characters, so "Charmed" probably will as well. As with a lot of the older clothing items though you might need to add a smoothing modifier and/or push modifier.

Here's the Skateboarder for The Kids 4 outfit:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Here's a straight untweaked autofit to Genesis 1:

charmed.png
    647 x 641 - 155K
  • If you have the clone for the Kids 4 for Genesis you can load the clothing to Genesis and save it as a wearable preset. Then your adult characters can wear it. I have several Kids 4 outfits that I use on adult characters. The Kids 4 clothing that I have transfer pretty well for adult characters, so "Charmed" probably will as well. As with a lot of the older clothing items though you might need to add a smoothing modifier and/or push modifier.

SaveThat turned out great!  I will check to see if I have the clone.  I've got a ton of modifiers already so I probably have that part handled. 

• Here's a straight untweaked autofit to Genesis 1:

Wow.  That totally works for me.  Thanks! 

• freni-kyn said:

If you have the clone for the Kids 4 for Genesis you can load the clothing to Genesis and save it as a wearable preset. Then your adult characters can wear it. I have several Kids 4 outfits that I use on adult characters. The Kids 4 clothing that I have transfer pretty well for adult characters, so "Charmed" probably will as well. As with a lot of the older clothing items though you might need to add a smoothing modifier and/or push modifier.

SaveThat turned out great!  I will check to see if I have the clone.  I've got a ton of modifiers already so I probably have that part handled. 

I own this. Is this the clone you are talking about?  https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited November 2017
    freni-kyn said:
    freni-kyn said:

I own this. Is this the clone you are talking about?  https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

No, that's for transferring morphs, not Autofit.  Genesis 1 comes with autofit clones for V4, M4, and K4, you don't need to buy anything.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,881
    edited November 2017

Works fine with G3M too, using Autofit. Used Smoothing Modifiers for the pants (50 its) and the Shoes (100 its), and then the FMBExpandAll morphs where necessary. The jacket has a handle you need to set to 0 Opacity. Hats must be parented otherwise they distort. Not sure what's causing the white spots on the vest.

charmed_01.jpg
    800 x 856 - 299K
    charmed_02.jpg
    800 x 856 - 309K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    freni-kyn said:
    freni-kyn said:

No, that's for transferring morphs, not Autofit.  Genesis 1 comes with autofit clones for V4, M4, and K4, you don't need to buy anything.

OH, thank you, Mike. I've bought several clones as well as downloading several more freebie clones, so I wasn't sure if the Kids 4 clone was one I bought or downloaded. I'm glad to know that it automatically comes with Genesis. :)

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    edited November 2017

Ok, thanks everyone.  I bought it and tried it on g8.  Of course that was a complete fail so I put it on g1, which worked beautifully.  Then saved it as an asset and put it on g8m.  He looked pretty good until I posed him.  Then he tore holes in the elbows.  ;) I then added iray shaders because the jacket and pant was kind of boring.  But really other than a  few poke throughs that showed up when I did a preview render I think he looks pretty good.  I will be using this again for something other than play time.  Here he is both on g8 and with textures.  One note. when I tried out some of my other g8 figures on him he tore other holes in his clothing.  I'm not sure if this was because I put the clothing on first or not. 

charmed g8.png
    600 x 780 - 330K
    charmed g8b.png
    600 x 780 - 369K
    Post edited by freni-kyn on

Looks good! I'm glad you got it to work! :)

I recommend adding a smoothing modifier or a push modifier to get rid of the poke through. :)

• Taoz said:

Works fine with G3M too, using Autofit. Used Smoothing Modifiers for the pants (50 its) and the Shoes (100 its), and then the FMBExpandAll morphs where necessary. The jacket has a handle you need to set to 0 Opacity. Hats must be parented otherwise they distort. Not sure what's causing the white spots on the vest.

Thanks.  I did not have those white spot problems with g8.  Just the darn elbow thingy that I can fix in photoshop.  It was fine until I posed him.  I do have some poke through that I could have fixed if I had noticed them ahead of time.  I didn't use smoothers, which surprised me, though I did have to hide the shirt sleeves.

• freni-kyn said:
    freni-kyn said:

I'm not sure where the clone is then.  I figured it out though.  Thanks for taking the time to answer.

• freni-kyn said:
    freni-kyn said:

I'm not sure where the clone is then.  I figured it out though.  Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Looks good! I'm glad you got it to work! :)

I recommend adding a smoothing modifier or a push modifier to get rid of the poke through. :)

I'll do that when I use it again.  This was a fun adventure.  I honestly do not think the shaders to the jacket justice.  It needs a hand painted texture like the shirt.  As much as I love shaders I also dislike them because they do not lay right all the time.

Save

• MadaMada Posts: 1,895

wow - I'm amazed it worked that well - it was done a long time ago in Silo - great job on the refit :)

edited November 2017
    freni-kyn said:
    freni-kyn said:
    freni-kyn said:

As Fixmypcmike said, the Kids 4 clone is there automatically for Gensis 1 (the actual clone is hidden and is in the parameters tab). To see what clones a figure has, just select the figure and load an article of clothing that's not meant for that figure line. An "Auto-Fit" dialogue box will pop up with a sentence that says "What figure was the item originally designed for?" and then click on the button under that sentence - a drop-down list will show up listing different figures. That list shows you the list of the clones that you have. If a figure is listed there, that means you have a clone for that figure.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Mada said:

wow - I'm amazed it worked that well - it was done a long time ago in Silo - great job on the refit :)

Are you the creator of the outfit Mada?  It really rocks.  I was surprised at how well it worked too.  Going to have fun using it.

As Fixmypcmike said, the Kids 4 clone is there automatically for Gensis 1 (the actual clone is hidden and is in the parameters tab). To see what clones a figure has, just select the figure and load an article of clothing that's not meant for that figure line. An "Auto-Fit" dialogue box will pop up with a sentence that says "What figure was the item originally designed for?" and then click on the button under that sentence - a drop-down list will show up listing different figures. That list shows you the list of the clones that you have. If a figure is listed there, that means you have a clone for that figure.

Thanks for the info.  I will have to use that the next time I need it.