Old Country Farmhouse - Someones been smoking the gange? lol

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I noticed that too and was actually hoping for a 3D marijuana plant. I think it would be very useful for future art, especially after it becomes legal here in California on January 1. I hope a PA really does create a "pot" plant LOL.

There was a free morph somewhere for LisaB's Coleus plant.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

There are some at Sharecg under Cannabis Plants.

• yep I even made one

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793
    edited November 2017
    Chohole said:

I noticed that too and was actually hoping for a 3D marijuana plant. I think it would be very useful for future art, especially after it becomes legal here in California on January 1. I hope a PA really does create a "pot" plant LOL.

Oh, thanks! I have that and when I did a search for the freebie, it led right to your post in another forum with the link on shareGC.  laugh  Which is here if anyone wants it: http://www.sharecg.com/v/38610/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Cannabis-Sativa-240?interstitial_displayed=Yes

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    Chohole said:

It's called pot here sometimes too, but it's mostly called weed, at least in my area of the UK.

Weed, grass, wacky baccy in the area where I grew up  (close to London) 

And  Mŵg drŵg  (pronounced moog droog) meaning literally bad smoke here in Wales.

Now that puts a new twist on Clockwork Orange (I've only seen the movie maybe twice, but it, ah, left an impression.)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Chohole said:

Oh, thanks! I have that and when I did a search for the freebie, it led right to your post in another forum with the link on shareGC.  laugh  Which is here if anyone wants it: http://www.sharecg.com/v/38610/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Cannabis-Sativa-240?interstitial_displayed=Yes

Heh,   and I tried to trace that post and couldn't   

• I mean...

...have you ever truly considered the nature of the universe and how insignificant human kind is?

There has to be some ice cream somewhere in this house...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    frank0314 said:

Pot is just a slag term that is used.

"Slag" or "Slang"? surprise I get a totally different meaning from the phrase "slag term". devil

frank0314 said:

Pot is just a slag term that is used.

"Slag" or "Slang"? surprise I get a totally different meaning from the phrase "slag term". devil

oops, slang

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I have a guinea pig with an unfortunate weed habit. He lost a lot of weight when his brother died back in spring and so I encouraged him to eat again by giving him a few fresh dandelion leaves with the rest of his food several times a day. Obviously they were a lot more plentiful then than they are at the moment, and he's adamant that he's not going cold turkey any time soon. Dried leaves are readily available on eBay, but they're scorned in favour of the real deal. As a consequence, every other day sees me round at the park behind our house trying to score a fix for junkie-piggy, with the few patches remaining being mixed with stinging nettles along the low stone wall which separates the park from our local licensed eaterie. I can just imagine the conversations in there. 'Is this beer that good, or is there really some woman randomly weeding in the ditch over there?'!

Drugs. Just say 'no'. Especially to creatures who are small, furry, cute and demanding :)

• Somewhat off-topic (it seems laugh) but aside from pot-plants being fine - the set itself is great - Great work Predatron yes

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,201

if you asked for a pot plant hereabouts, the next thing you'd probably hear would be 'indica or sativa?'

:)

j

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Yep :) We say "pot plants" here in Australia for any sort of plant that is in a pot. The other sort of "pot" is more of an americanized term - it'd be more "weed plants" or "gunga" (yes, spelt wrong but pronounced with a heavy 'j' for the last 'g' LOL - not pronounced like Gunga Din).  

Pack58 said:
    Chohole said:

We use the experession Pot Plants quite regularly in the UK.  

Also perfectly normal in Australasia.

Potted meat...is that a UK term for stuff like Spam? Or that corned beef in a tin I see in supermarkets? 

I've never called a pot plant a potted plant. 'Potted' is for pool balls and snooker balls. And also for meat, if you're daft enough as a kid to tactfully say 'That was nice, dad', without realising you've just guaranteed the appearance of the stuff on your plate every Saturday for ninety shades of forever :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,996

hootchy cootch devil

• I mean...

...have you ever truly considered the nature of the universe and how insignificant human kind is?

Only when viewed from afar. indecision

Every Wednesday night. 

I've always wondered why it's sweet things - it's always "Dude, I'm hittin' up the servo for a bag of snakes!"...never "Let's hit the supermarket for some nice crunchy carrots and a head of lettuce".  

I mean...

There has to be some ice cream somewhere in this house...

jakiblue said:

Potted meat...is that a UK term for stuff like Spam? Or that corned beef in a tin I see in supermarkets? 

I've never called a pot plant a potted plant. 'Potted' is for pool balls and snooker balls. And also for meat, if you're daft enough as a kid to tactfully say 'That was nice, dad', without realising you've just guaranteed the appearance of the stuff on your plate every Saturday for ninety shades of forever :)

Potted meat is a hideous creation first served up to me when I was a kid in the mid-seventies, made of minced meat set in gelatine. I think minced meat is called ground meat in America, and gelatine is what's used around the meat in pork pies (which might be a UK only thing). Bizarrely it was left to set in our big trifle bowl, which saw trifle very much less often. My dad was 47 when I was born, and of a different generation even to my mum. Not only did he come from a houseful of kids in a time of more basic fare, he'd been a cook in the army and so did all the cooking in our house, mostly the simple stuff that he knew. A lot of it was delicious, and the rest was at least edible. This potted meat, though... well, it taught me that either he didn't know the difference between unbridled enthusiasm and thinly disguised disgust, or chose to ignore it. I should've been more like one of my sons who'd return each half-finished plate of one of my culinary disasters to me saying 'Mmm.. very filling!'

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

Funny side note, due to my mom's heavy "use" when I was in utero, I have a very rare natural immunity to THC (the chemical in pot that gets you high). I've never been high - it kind of makes me jealous that other people can get high. But I guess it's fun enough to just watch other people acting silly and goofy and laugh at them. heheh

• the two times I tried it in my life it just made me very drowsy and I went to bed.

not exactly party behaviour 

I suppose it would be good for insomnia 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Funny side note, due to my mom's heavy "use" when I was in utero, I have a very rare natural immunity to THC (the chemical in pot that gets you high). I've never been high - it kind of makes me jealous that other people can get high. But I guess it's fun enough to just watch other people acting silly and goofy and laugh at them. heheh

Never been high either (other than alcohol)...by choice. Being a rock musician for 20+ years i saw way too much of the ugly, abusive side of it

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,939
    edited November 2017
    I wrote a help request listing 5 problems with this product. I installed with Daz Connect.

1. The OCF Ivy.duf prop loads with no materials preset applied.
    2. Metadata does not set compatibility, so the materials do not show up when the props are selected in the Scene pane.
    3. Only 2 of the many 3Delight materials are even showing up in the Product view. (They are included in the purchased product files, but the metadata does not assign them to the Product.)
    4. The product thumbnail is a white U with a tent over it. 1_48419.jpg installed by Daz Connect is that U-tent image, not an image of the product.
    5. There is no product readme.

Edited by request.
    Post edited by barbult on

I think pork pies are definitley a UK thing :) My stepdad is from Cornwell - he's mentioned pork pies a time or two. Minced meat is just 'mince' here in Australia. I remember the term "potted meat" from the good ol' Enid Blyton books or any UK boarding school books I used to read as a kid. Could NEVER work out what they were on about - potted meat when they were having midnight feeds in the dorms. LOL 

jakiblue said:

Potted meat is a hideous creation first served up to me when I was a kid in the mid-seventies, made of minced meat set in gelatine. I think minced meat is called ground meat in America, and gelatine is what's used around the meat in pork pies (which might be a UK only thing). Bizarrely it was left to set in our big trifle bowl, which saw trifle very much less often. My dad was 47 when I was born, and of a different generation even to my mum. Not only did he come from a houseful of kids in a time of more basic fare, he'd been a cook in the army and so did all the cooking in our house, mostly the simple stuff that he knew. A lot of it was delicious, and the rest was at least edible. This potted meat, though... well, it taught me that either he didn't know the difference between unbridled enthusiasm and thinly disguised disgust, or chose to ignore it. I should've been more like one of my sons who'd return each half-finished plate of one of my culinary disasters to me saying 'Mmm.. very filling!'

definitely not a party enhancer. I remember a story I was told recently of a 21st birthday party - someone took some "special" apple crumble. By the time 10pm came around, the party had been shut down cos everyone went home to bed. LOL 

th3Digit said:

the two times I tried it in my life it just made me very drowsy and I went to bed.

not exactly party behaviour 

I suppose it would be good for insomnia 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,055
    edited November 2017

this potted meat ......... sounds as exciting as jellied tongue, terrine and meat and peas in aspic

mind you I do like the pan juices turned to jelly on my cold roast but not as some sort of a suspension to set things in.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    th3Digit said:

I'm feeling ever so slightly traumatised right now :)

• th3Digit said:

I'm feeling ever so slightly traumatised right now :)

no munchies? devil

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Seems like something out of the Journal of Regrettable Food.

--  Morgan

That Jello Salad freaks me out. Ok, here, jelly is awesome. A sweet yummy dessert you put on ice cream....or just on it's own. I only ever hear "jelly" used as jam in America...and then there's something called Jello which I used to THINK was jelly.....but it's not. I don't get it!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,055
    edited November 2017
    jakiblue said:

That Jello Salad freaks me out. Ok, here, jelly is awesome. A sweet yummy dessert you put on ice cream....or just on it's own. I only ever hear "jelly" used as jam in America...and then there's something called Jello which I used to THINK was jelly.....but it's not. I don't get it!

we do call it aspic or gelatine in savoury situations   (yeah Aussie too ) but actually saw those salads in the old 60’s Womens weeklys at the doctors as a kid.

And remember the cold collations with jellied peas.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on