Are interactive Novel/Games covered by standard license?

Specfically, a choose your own adventure type game/graphic novel which would have different animation loops play based on what choices you make. I realize animations in general are covered, but at what point do animation loops become an actual game which requires a different license? I'm creating something which uses many 1 to 3 second loops, i beleive I'm covered as they are still just animations, but I just want to make sure I am covered before I get too deep into this.

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,698
    edited November 2017

You can distribute 2D renders under the standard license - So if you're displaying images / videos, then you're okay.  Doesn't matter if it's a game or an interactive book or a book-cover or whatever.

The interactive license is needed to use (and thus distribute) 3D-models and their associated textures in the game/program.  [NB: Certain products in store that aren't 3D-models/morphs also have 'interactive license' (like Ron's Brushes) - not sure what the specifics are there - but you can still distribute all the 2D images/videos you make with them without an interactive license] Edit: (Except for the obvious case of rendering a texture map on a plane as an attempt to get around the license)

Post edited by Silent Winter on