Something is Amiss

GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335

Just recently, about everytime I use DAZ Studio, it seems I have to uninstall it, to re-install it, and then I can open it again, but when I close it out, heaven forbid that I might want to open it again, because this is what I get!!!!!!

Needless to say, I'm getting a little PO'ed about this, it won't open DS until I un-install, then restart the damn computer, then re-install, just what is going on here?

Screen Shot 11-14-17 at 07.22 AM.jpg
1937 x 1097 - 282K
Post edited by GLWoodard on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

If I had to hazard a guess i'd say your anti-virus software is quaranteening that dll (and possibly a couple of others) making it a non viable executable.

• McAfee has been doing that for a few weeks.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335

We did just have a big update with Windows 10, and I was thinking that might have had something to do with it, except, that this happened only once before the big update last week, thats what I was thinking was the problem at first, however, now that you mention McAfee, and that came installed on this computer, I guess I should go and install Avast, never had any problems with them!

I just did a reinstall with the McAfee turned off, and was able to close the program and restart it again, maybe just shut off the anti-virus everytime I want to use DS!

Would that work at all?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Avast has been causing issues as well. Just tell Mcafee to accept the dll

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    fastbike1 said:

Avast has been causing issues as well. Just tell Mcafee to accept the dll

How does one do that?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Typically anti-virus apps have an "exceptions" or "ignore" or some such list to deal with issues like these. I don't use either of these programs so can't give more specific instructions.

Both of these programs seem to be causing enough issues for users that they might as well be viruses.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    GLWoodard said:

Just recently, about everytime I use DAZ Studio, it seems I have to uninstall it, to re-install it, and then I can open it again, but when I close it out, heaven forbid that I might want to open it again, because this is what I get!!!!!!

Needless to say, I'm getting a little PO'ed about this, it won't open DS until I un-install, then restart the damn computer, then re-install, just what is going on here?

I really, really want to see the 58 Apache Monster! (From your desktop)
    My brother-in-law had the panel truck version.
    One of the most beautiful trucks ever made.