Older Character Releases - Updated Ones & Other Options

I hope this makes sense because I’m confused about older character versions now, and their updated releases.

On Nov. 7th, picked up “Monique 7 Starter Pack.”

Today, got an e-mail saying that “Monique 8” is on sale for little more than I paid for the version 7 starter!  Bonus: if PC+ members buy the version 8 and bundle with two or more add-ons, they get “Monique 7” free.

This is hardly motivation to buy older releases IMO.  

I bought Darius 7 a while back as well.  I’m out of luck if/when they get around to releasing a “Darius 8” if greater than 30 days?

Have contacted sales, but not sure how it would work in a case like this.  Store credit for version 7.  Delete it.  Buy version 8.  Download & install both 8 and  'free' version 7 again?  Sounds kind of crazy, but understand why they need to keep track of orders & products. 

Bottom line:

Does this kind of thing happen often?  I mean why would anyone buy an older release when they're free with a new one?

So how do most of you get your characters? 

Put another way:

For the money, better off investing in a set of body, face & aging morphs rather than seperate characters? 

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

SInce it was only a week ago they will certainly refund your purchase.  The more general question is whether one is willing to wait for the next generation of a figure to show up before getting the previous generation (assuming it does -- not every figure shows up every generation).

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Thanks.  That's reassuring about investing in characters & you were right.  Sales very prompt with refund, so now have all three versions + wardrobe & hair that can be used on most any of them.

Still can't say I understand the logic behind it though.  The older versions are more expensive than the new one!  PC+ has definately paid for itself though.  yes smiley

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Each version is also different, each new version generally has whatever improvements that new generation has as well as its own skin, make up etc.  And if you are purchasing any of the bundles, then each comes with different hair, clothing, poses etc.

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Yes, am glad you added that reply.  I lined them up side by side and can't tell that much difference between G3 & G8.  (One might be a little thinner?)  Discovered both have all four carpals tho.  From one of the tutorials, thought only G8 had all hand bones for fitting irregular shaped objects, etc.

Also took be a day to realize that if those bundles have morphs, they get carried into entire line-up so that might explain the price difference in some cases.  Anyway glad to have 'discovered' G3 assetts!