G8M No Hairy & Shaved Body Options?

Anyone know why this should be, it really reduces the versatility of the mats.

Comments

• Searching through G8M & G3M I see this has been a trend for some while. If one click translucency changes can be offered, which take about 10 seconds to do manually, surely it is important to offer what we can't easilly do ourselves.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

There's 'Oh My Body Hair for Genesis 3 Male' over at rendo.

I haven't tested it on G8M, but it probably fits similar to how G3M clothing fits on G8M.

• Thanks

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Sadly, for some reason the mature adult base male figures come with no  or little bodyhair. But at least they have eyebrows now.

• The world of Daz3d is a little wierd

• But if I have a texture without body hair, I can easily add something like Oh My Bodyhair, which I've found fits well on the G8M tests I've done, and adjust the color as needed. If a texture only comes with a hairy option, it is a lot more effort to try to remove our change the color of the hair. That said, I do like to see both options in the store, and hope for more variety. And I always appreciate both options in a texture set.

I prefer the option for both. In general I don't like painted on body hair, but sometimes it looks good for distance work or underneath other hair. Fibermesh hair is wonderful but can be memory itnensive especially for background characters so both is nice.

• ButchButch Posts: 798
    Patroklos said:

The world of Daz3d is a little wierd

Yep!

Even though my characters all have body hair, I prefer the skin texture to not have any.  It gives me more control. 

"Oh My Body Hair" and "Real Hairy for G2M" work pretty well on G8M - I prefer RH for limbs and OMBH for chest and armpits.  For pubic hair, Laticis at Deviantart has you covered.  Someone, somewhere mentioned Real Hairy for G8M was being built, too.  

• pruggipruggi Posts: 151
    Butch said:
    Patroklos said:

The world of Daz3d is a little wierd

Yep!

Even though my characters all have body hair, I prefer the skin texture to not have any.  It gives me more control. 

"Oh My Body Hair" and "Real Hairy for G2M" work pretty well on G8M - I prefer RH for limbs and OMBH for chest and armpits.  For pubic hair, Laticis at Deviantart has you covered.  Someone, somewhere mentioned Real Hairy for G8M was being built, too.  

Ohhh real hairy for G8M... that would be awesome!! On another note, where have all the male releases been since Lucas?? I think I’ve seen practically zero :(

• Toonces said:

There's 'Oh My Body Hair for Genesis 3 Male' over at rendo.

I haven't tested it on G8M, but it probably fits similar to how G3M clothing fits on G8M.

I've used it on G8M with no issues whatsoever. Love that product.

The store has had a couple male figures released since Lucas and a few outfits for Genesis 3 male and I think the set of Indiana Jones. 

It has been slim pickings unless you want an occasional pose set

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

This is another option for G8M body hair, one that was designed for G8M, so no autofit is needed:

https://www.daz3d.com/hair-set-for-genesis-8-male-s