DIM has stopped retaining my password in the password field

Earlier today, I fired up Daz Studio, and at launch it gave me some message about how my path had changed, and I needed to re-authenticate.  I dutifully typed in my password again into DS, it thanked me for choosing DS, and then continued on as normal.  Since then I've quit out of DS and launched it again a couple more times without it giving any further such requests.  It simply launched like normal.

After my first session in DS after that strange message, though, I went to fire up DAZ Install Manager, and noticed the password field in the DIM login pane was empty.  I plugged my password in, clicked the Start button, it behaved as normal after that, and I proceeeded to have it download and install all my recent buys.

A little while later, I fired up DIM again, and the password field was yet again blank, even though I have the Remember Me checkbox set.  Every time since then that I've launched DIM, it has given me an empty password field.  Any idea what's going on here?

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on

Comments

• It sounds as if DIM is having trouble updating the settings - have you run it as administrator (right-click, Run as Administrator on Windows)? That can set up permission issues. Another possibility would be that your security software is interfering in some way.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,939
    edited November 2017

Hmmmm....  I don't think I recall ever having tried running DIM as administrator, and definitely didn't do it recently.  Is this a suggestion I should run it as admin once, to clear this trouble up, or is this telling me I should never run it as admin?  oO

On the other hand, Windoze did some sort of operating system update the night before, could that have messed something up?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449
    edited November 2017

It's saying don't run as admin.

Certainly a Windows update can confuse the authentication in DS (though the last one or two for me didn't), I'm not sure it would account for the DIM issue though.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Okay, so what do I do to get DIM to go back to retaining my password?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

I've seen DIM sometimes lose the password after an update, and not remember the first time you add it back, but if you close and restart it again it eventually retains it.

• Eventually?   Oo  GAH!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918

usually after a couple times it will remember. It don't happen to often however. What AV are you using?

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,939
    edited November 2017

What whut am I using?  Anyway, I've launched and exitted DIM several times today.... still not got the password filled.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918

AV = Anti-Virus

• Avast Free Antivirus....