G8M No Glossy / Top Coat Maps Loading

PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533

The other maps are loading ok, but the glossy & top coat slots are empty. Is that right?

When I do load them and change the setting it appears to have no effect. What is happening here?

Post edited by Patroklos on

Comments

• It looks to me as if the way that gloss is handled has changed on these mats. Is that right?

If that is so where can I find details?

Thanks

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

It's sort of depends on the cause of the gloss which slot they choose to put a gloss map in. For the Genesis 8 human models they have specular maps which sort of is like skin oil sheen if you look at the specular patterns depicted on the specular maps included with those G8 figures.

Top coat I've hear some DAZ artists in the forums mention they use maps for top coat but there has never been map included in the top coat slot for any of the DAZ Original human characters I have bought.

I've also never seen a map in the glossy slots either but that strength slider does affect the glossiness or roughness seen in other maps. 

• Thanks, I'll look again

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

DAZ added Dual Node Specular in last few versions of Studio which is what most of the new texture set for the Genesis 8s use instead of Glossy and Top Coat.