360x180 degree spherical renders- can it be done in DAZ?

BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
edited November 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

I create immersive scrolling 360 degree flash scenes (like they use in real estate listings for showing rooms, etc.) in Bryce by rendering scenes using '360 degree panoramic projection' then processing in Panoramic Studio Pro, which creates a HTML page-based or portable scrolling flash panorama. I am unfamiliar with cameras in DAZ  or even how to change the width of the field of view (FOV) from the viewport. I have Polish's 'Summer Island' and a volleyball game with people standing by the sidelines watching the game, or at the Tiki bar (see included images) can hold dozens of people are nice seperate scenes but I want to create a simple 3D virtual reality  environment where i could be in the middle of the volleyball game, or at the bar, or on the sidelines, and turn slowly around and take in the same scene from different points on the island. I actually prefer to set up the scene in DAZ, import to Bryce (which has better environmentals and HDRI lighting) however Bryce files on my 32 GB RAM max out at 3700MB per scene and the aforementioned DAZ Summer Island scene has 26 people on the island and can probably accomodate twice that many if not more. The possibilities are endless and fascinating. To the point: Is there a way to create a 360x180 degree full spreical panorama renders in DAZ? Maybe even in Iray?

The second file on the right is a Bryce sailboarding scene rendered in 360 degree panoramic projection. The preview is clipped, the entire pic wraps around and meets itself end-to-end, top-to-bottom.  With Bryce's 3700MB scene size limit, I am limited how many people I can include without maxxing out the scene and getting 'out of memory' errors.The first of course is a narrow-view snapshop render from the Summer Island scene I mentioned earlier (feel free to sneer at the Iray rendering quality, I have yet to be impressed with Iray, way too grainy and dark here). The whole scene has 8 spectators watching the game, four at the tiki bar, 16 volleyball players (8 each side of the net) and another couple in the background.  I wouldn't be able to  fit one team on the court in Bryce... let alone any additional figures.

Summer Island- Teamwork.jpg
1992 x 1121 - 1M
Kelsey on Sailboard RS.jpg
3744 x 1152 - 1M
Post edited by Brycescaper on

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited November 2017

Create a physical camera, select it, go to the camera tab. Under lense distortion select spherical from the dropdown. I think that will give you what you want.

Post edited by TheKD on
  • Ahhhhh... thank you :)

• BrycescaperBrycescaper Posts: 148
    edited November 2017

The scene here is DA's (Dragon Assasin I believe, feel free to correct me) Palm Island pleasingly realistic Iray by using morning light render settings. The huts Are from Polish's Summer Island, and the hammock from the accessoried of AM's Ultimo Paradiso I embedded the ends of into the corner posts. The perspective is just above a rock on the highest point of he island with a complete 360 degree view- notice how the shadows at the ends directionally match up while they seem to be in the opposite direction to the sun in the left of the scene, as is a spherical scene. The rock takes up way too much real estate, easily fixed by my raising the camera next time. The original was 6000px wide, for this this preview I shrunk it down to 1200 px wide. Now, I gotta go see a volleyball game...

Palm Island Pan.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 272K
    Post edited by Brycescaper on