Issues with getting into daz

Hi Folks:

Okay I am not a tech so bare with me.  I can home to find my system had crashed, when I tried opening up daz i keep getting this innane message that I have to contact my video card supplier: "please contact your video card provider to get updated drivers or upgrades to op OpenGL compatible graphics card.  I have never had this SHIT happen to me before.  Now I can't even get into daz cant access stuff. Please can someone tell me how I can access my video card or where's a safe place to go to get this damned upgrades, GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!!!  Not angry at you guys or daz but this has never been a problem and today I can't even get into my account.  All help will be most greatfully appreciated

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Are you running Windows 10? If not what is your os? There was a recent major update to Windows that has caused some problems for people. If you havent done so already you may have to reinstall your video card driver. Do you know the video card that came with your computer?

• Hi Serene, sorry no I do not know the driver, that came with the computer I have windows 10, and this has caused me grief ever since they introducted it. Also I cam trying to set my screen back to the proper appearance with no luck.  Sorry for prattling.  Please advise I can can find out or where I go on my machine to find out my video card. lol, thanks for your help

Geordie

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

Go to Start, then Control Panel/Device Manager/Display Adapters. That should tell you what video card you have

• Hi again Serene and ebergerly, opened what you indicated and it showed: ATI Radeon HD 4200. Not sure what this all means, but that is what came up. What do i need to do in order to get my access back to Daz. Cheers and thanks again

Try this:

1) Go to Device Manager like I mentioned
    2) Once device manager is open, select the device, right click it and click Update Driver Software
    This will launch the update driver software wizard, which presents two options.
    • Search automatically for updated driver software - its possible Windows might have the driver software if you have not checked it yet, if its taking too long, then the next option is usually best. 
    • Click Next and wait while the wizard completes the installation. 

If that doesn't work you can try going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the drivers directly:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
    3. Select “Compatibility” Tab. 
    4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

• Thanks gang that did the trick, VERY MUCH appreciate all your help. TTFN. :)