Rendering Out of Bounds?

Greetings!

I am trying to animate some dinosaurs, which, by their nature of being dinosaurs, are larger than the bounds that DAZ Studio normally renders, or even than my screen. Is there a way to tell the software that I want to render more than is currently showing on my screen? I did make my viewport show more once, but that time it didn't even render everything on my screen.

As far as I can tell, Poser has no way to do it, but I'm hoping DAZ Studio will.

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Do you have a camera in your scene?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Zoom out until everything you want is visible (or within the aspect frame if your aspect ratio doesn't match the viewport).

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

I just saw that the video tutorials have a camera explanation, https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials

• Okay. I have finally had time to watch that video. I am not sure how it would help me, though. I do understand that it probably will, I'm just missing how. 

My problem is that I'm also animating humans for this project, though seperately. To keep the scale roughly the same, I've been backing my characters up by a standard distance, and placing the camera in a standard location. I could back the camera up to the point where my entrie dinosaur fits on the screen, but that would leave me with tiny, undetailed humans and raptors. I thought it might be better to have a giant Tyrannosaur to keep the detail level up, thus my hope to find a way to render more than shows up on my screen. 

Thank you for your suggestions.smiley

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    gdijedi7 said:

Okay. I have finally had time to watch that video. I am not sure how it would help me, though. I do understand that it probably will, I'm just missing how. 

My problem is that I'm also animating humans for this project, though seperately. To keep the scale roughly the same, I've been backing my characters up by a standard distance, and placing the camera in a standard location. I could back the camera up to the point where my entrie dinosaur fits on the screen, but that would leave me with tiny, undetailed humans and raptors. I thought it might be better to have a giant Tyrannosaur to keep the detail level up, thus my hope to find a way to render more than shows up on my screen. 

Thank you for your suggestions.smiley

If you want small sections of your render to be highly detailed, you'll have to render at a higher resolution.
    For example, if your final render is 3000x2000 pixels, you could go to 6000x4000 or 12000x8000.
    That will give you more details in your humans while having a much larger dinosaur sharing the image.

• The obvious solution I never saw. This is a "duh" moment. Thank you for reminding me about that. I think it is the answer to my problem.