DAZ Store Needs New Ways to Sort Products

We need to be able to sort all the products in the DAZ store using new criteria.  The current sort abilities are old and not very useful anymore.  There are just too many products now to manually look through them all.  I often just give up searching and don't buy what I need.  There needs to be new catagories such as TEEN, containing every teen figure, character, and teen style product; AFRICAN AMERICAN;  CHILDREN;  MIDDLE AGED;  ELDERLY; etc.  There also needs to be the ability to narrow results by EXACT figure, such as Aiko 3, Freak (1), Hiro 4, etc.  The success of selling on the Internet depends largerly on people being able to find what they're looking for INSTANTLY.  The sales are great!  But nobody has the time to look through thousands of products over and over and over again. 

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Please don't use the term "nobody" as it implies all people other than yourself and I have no problems finding content in the store. I can even use the search engine fairly well, although Google does it better. I am not against them changing the sort options, but it isn't an issue for me.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920

The store search does pretty good for me. It's the forum search that is bad.

frank0314 said:

The store search does pretty good for me. It's the forum search that is bad.

No kidding, LOL

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,387

Mmm....  I understand how people would initially want this but.... 1) remember that most of the sales are from the newest products with a sharp drop off from even two weeks so this is not something that would yield a lot of extra sales though it migh be convenient for someone looking for that special something who is also will ing to do the conversions to iray etc..., 2) remember that DAZ3d is a small company so the sorting would take aay from other functions so less products/higher prices, 3) sorting introduces its own problems like is Monique african american or is she black i.e. could be from Kenya, Martinique, or Toronto (I should say as a black american, I don't want racial or ethnic categories... we are better than that.).

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited November 2017

Well, at least, the figure filter is already in existence.

If you are looking for Aiko 3, you just have to type her into the search box at the top of the listing, and it will show you the checkbox that you can select.

figurefilter.JPG
    1010 x 858 - 136K
    figurefilter2.JPG
    810 x 567 - 80K
    Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • BeeMKay said:

Well, at least, the figure filter is already in existence.

If you are looking for Aiko 3, you just have to type her into the search box at the top of the listing, and it will show you the checkbox that you can select.

A lot of folks don't know that, Bee.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

I actually have never had an issue finding anything using the search feature.  Sometimes I'm even doubtful of the word I am using, and then I get a hit and it's like...wow...I can't believe I found it using that word.

• GeffeGeffe Posts: 63

What would be good is a filter option to only show items on your wishlist. With some of the bigger sales there's like 30+ pages, and having to wade through it all to see if any of the stuff I want is in there can be rather time consuming.

Geffe said:

What would be good is a filter option to only show items on your wishlist. With some of the bigger sales there's like 30+ pages, and having to wade through it all to see if any of the stuff I want is in there can be rather time consuming.

get the browser addon and it does that and much, much more

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

The only add-on to the filter I would like is a "none of the above" so that when looking at a particular sale cateogory, you can find the things that are part of the sale but are not for any particular figure.

Otherwise, I have no real issue with the store's categories, or the store search.

• The only add-on to the filter I would like is a "none of the above" so that when looking at a particular sale cateogory, you can find the things that are part of the sale but are not for any particular figure.

Otherwise, I have no real issue with the store's categories, or the store search.

Yes, from time to time I would like to exclude certain things; especially if I've spent the time to review them and decide that they're not for me. 

Add to that:  When a new version comes out, show them with a flag "previous version excluded" so that I can re-review it.  I always want to see new versions so that I can re-assess them for new features that might be just want I need.

• Don't find a problem with searching in DAZ. Usually find what I'm looking for

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I would like the ability to filter on a sale by 'stuff' as well as people. So often what I want to look at in a sale listing is the props and sets... and finding those among the big list of clothes/hair/figures is a little bit of a pain. Though usually I just go to my wishlist and see if anything I really want is on discount there.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

I would like the ability to filter on a sale by 'stuff' as well as people. So often what I want to look at in a sale listing is the props and sets... and finding those among the big list of clothes/hair/figures is a little bit of a pain. Though usually I just go to my wishlist and see if anything I really want is on discount there.

I agree with this. Having so many characters/clothes/hair etc now, recently I am more interested in props and scenes, but there is no way to filter on just these

• GeffeGeffe Posts: 63
    Geffe said:

get the browser addon and it does that and much, much more

Nice, thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

There are a few things I would like that I think can enhance the search features for me at least.

I’d a better way to find texture and general expansions for products.

I’d like it to be smarter about spaces dashes and such. So for example a set that has a hyphen could also be searchable without the hyphen.

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763

The other day I browsed the DAZ Store, thinking of what I might buy. I had some difficulty navigating, even with the search function. Eventually I gave up. DAZ lost another sale, and I saved some money.

• I just want filters for Scenery, Clothing, Characters, Hair, etc. You should not only be able to get to those categories by clicking through links. How does the store have "genre" filters but not this basic thing?

• I would like the ability to filter on a sale by 'stuff' as well as people. So often what I want to look at in a sale listing is the props and sets... and finding those among the big list of clothes/hair/figures is a little bit of a pain. Though usually I just go to my wishlist and see if anything I really want is on discount there.

This is my frustration, too.  I often just want to see only and all of the non-people things in a sale.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,330
    edited November 2017

You can pick "n/a" from the figure drop-down (or type it in the box if it's not shown in the list) - problem is that it also turns up an awful lot of texture sets, since these don't seem to be linked to the figure the clothing or hair is for.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • I want a way to exclude things like textures. That'd be nice.

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

Addon search option for all products I own would be godsend.

My experience has been that the search function often clobbers me with way too much and uninteresting stuff. I've seen some good choices in the drop down menus. I'd like the ability to select Genesis 8, morphs, and poses. in a drop down menu. 

• I wish they would bring back the ability to only show items of a certain price range. I know from these forums that I am not the only patron who has only a limited budget. Yeah, I can have items show Low>High or High>Low prices--but that still means going through pages of items to find items below my limit or within my range.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I wish they would bring back the ability to only show items of a certain price range. I know from these forums that I am not the only patron who has only a limited budget. Yeah, I can have items show Low>High or High>Low prices--but that still means going through pages of items to find items below my limit or within my range.

I like that ideal too. Often, I just want to get the cheapest combination of items or items at about 6 dollars that I want from my wish list for me monthly PC+ coupons.

• TercelTercel Posts: 101

I wouldn't mind an option to search clothing by era, e.g. Victorian Era, Edwardian Era, Jacobean Era, Plymouth Settler (and I would of course like clothes for the Plymouth settler). 

I wish they would bring back the ability to only show items of a certain price range. I know from these forums that I am not the only patron who has only a limited budget. Yeah, I can have items show Low>High or High>Low prices--but that still means going through pages of items to find items below my limit or within my range.

I like that ideal too. Often, I just want to get the cheapest combination of items or items at about 6 dollars that I want from my wish list for me monthly PC+ coupons.

This browser plugin helps with that https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

This browser plugin helps with that https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

thanks

I don't want to add any more browser plugins.

• Go to your Wishlist and sort by Price to see what's on sale.

What I've found with sorting the main store listings by figure is that I still get a lot of G3 and G8 stuff when I'm looking for G2F items. I get results that are specifically for G3/G8, and "may, allegedly, supposedly, we think" are compatible with G2F, though aimed primarily at G3/G8. If I'm sorting by G2F, I don't want G2M, G3, G8, V4, or anything other than G2F. If I restrict it to Genesis, I don't want anything for G2, G3, G8, V4, A4, or V3, or vehicles, or scenery, or props.

Sorting by Genre is also a bit weak: same results in Historic and Contemporary and Sci-Fi, because of the Steampunk and Retro Space-Age thing,

Freebies page is the worst, though; those ancient V3/V4 items from back when realistic posing was a myth and horrific figures were SOP, even if they weren't intended to be. UGH.