The complete guide to texturing by Esha items missing

WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
edited November 2017 in The Commons

I purchased the Complete Guide to Texturing Bundle by Esha

the product page says that the Little Red Dress is FREE with this bundle, but I do not see it in my product library.

does anyone know where the download should be?

The working files and resources are also missing.

Post edited by Wilmap on

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

I just bought that bundle.  IT was allot of money but there are just SO MANY useful how too's built into each "part" that I couldn't resist. XMas/Yule early for this Wolffie  

Didn't know there was supposted to be a free outfit though..... 

Ah.. here is the text:

The scans, the seamless patterns and the shader presets included in this workshop can be used as merchant resources for your own personal and commercial texturing projects!

NOTE: The software used in this tutorial is Photoshop CS6, but many of the methods and techniques presented here will also be applicable to other software.

If you purchase this bundle& you'll get the Little Red Dress outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) for free!

So perhaps it's included in one of the many zips I'm currently downloaded and will be unzipped by DIM into the proper folders... so did you look around for the dress, shaders or materials?  

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,920
    edited November 2017

How do you usually download your products? If you sue DIM it should be in your ready to download tab. If your doing it manual it may be on the tutorial page or it will give you a link to it. I didn't buy it so can't confirm if it is missing or not.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • I have the same question... I bought the bundle, how do I get the free outfit?

• KlatoKlato Posts: 5
    edited November 2017

Opps wrong user. :P haha

Post edited by Klato on
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited November 2017

I think this will be handy tutorial. I have not bought it yet. I am still on the fence on the price. I think it is worth it. I can see it has things that even I have not tried in my texturing and using photoshop. I started out in Gimp and still use it a lot. I just spent a bunch on some other tutorials for Blender, hexagon, etc to see if I pick-up anymore useful tips, etc so my funds are a bit low right now.

Post edited by Liana on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I haven’t installed this yet, but I assumed the dress would be added to the product library.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

if you d/l via DIM right click on the installed product and choose "show installed files". A dialogue box will pop up and show exactly where all the files were installed to. 

I had a look at the readme for the bundle to check the file list (which shows exactly what is in it)...but there's no readme for the bundle. 

I’ve just looked through the files and I can’t find the dress anywhere. 

• RFB532RFB532 Posts: 94
    edited November 2017
    How do you get UV Mapper Pro used in the tutorials? Their website seems to have not been updated for over a year, and they never answer any emails I send to them. I'm not too excited about using UV Mapper classic (the only download available on the site) because it's really old, will it even work on a current system (Windows 10, 64 bit) I do have UV Layout Pro, not sure if I could use that successfully in the tutorials, because I'm still learning it.
    Post edited by RFB532 on
    frank0314 said:

How do you usually download your products? If you sue DIM it should be in your ready to download tab. If your doing it manual it may be on the tutorial page or it will give you a link to it. I didn't buy it so can't confirm if it is missing or not.

I assume this outfit is for Genesis 8 Female so looked under clothing and then Esha and nothing.  So not sure where it would be.... 

The dress is NOT under clothing either.

The resource files for the tutorials are also missing.

• We've sent in a query on this.

We've sent in a query on this.

Thanks Richard.

• This is being fixed, but it may take a little while for the downloads to fully update.

I really hope I don't have to redownload ALL those files again, that was torture... 

It's a good thing I have waited. Will we know when it is all updated?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,946

...so does this work with GIMP or PSP as well?

She mentions in the brief that you can convert allot of the knowledge to other similar apps like Gimp, I don't think she mentioned PSP though but I'm quite sure.  

• I was able to download the little red dress this morning via DIM.

Yes I had the dress in my product library today. Now just have to wait for the work files and resources.

Thanks for the heads up... 

I keep forgetting we get work files and resources too.... Hmmm, was this rushed out or something?  

Will they let us know when all the files and resources are available. I am waiting to download the files at this point.

• Liana said:

Will they let us know when all the files and resources are available. I am waiting to download the files at this point.

I should think they'd be there by now.

Liana said:

I should think they'd be there by now.

Great! Thanks Richard! WIll get to downloading. :)

edited November 2017

I have started on the tutorial and I have learned a few neat tricks I did not know so far. Nothing against Esha because she is doing a great job of teaching! Thanks! :)

I hate to nit pick, but just a heads up and an FYI. As I am working along in this tutorial. I did notice that the links in the pdf do not work and some of the files for chapter 1 are in with chapter 2 and vice versa. Just in case, it would bite to be the person who bought just one of the parts(1-5) of this webinar and have some of the sessions be missing or have the wrong ones in that particular part.

I can work around  the video sessions being in the wrong place and I have to go figure out where and in what folder they are in. It is a pain in the buttocks. I will post as I find stuff.

Add: There some missing thumb nails also as I extract the files.

Post edited by Liana on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I have started on the tutorial too, I do have the dress in my downloads but has anyone found where the resource files are stored yet?

Kharma said:

I have started on the tutorial too, I do have the dress in my downloads but has anyone found where the resource files are stored yet?

I have not found them yet either or at least not in the first part. I have been digging into the files to find the videos.

• eshaesha Posts: 3,235

Hello everybody!

So sorry about this, it seems that the resource files were not included in the downloads list.
    I'm working with Daz to solve the problem. If you need the files urgently, send me an email at 3d @ transgrafica.com with your order number and I'll send you a direct download link for the resources.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

- esha

esha said:

Hello everybody!

So sorry about this, it seems that the resource files were not included in the downloads list.
    I'm working with Daz to solve the problem. If you need the files urgently, send me an email at 3d @ transgrafica.com with your order number and I'll send you a direct download link for the resources.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

- esha

Hey and thanks Esha. I am just watching the videos at this point and will go back later to try things out. As for myself, I am alright for the time being.