OpenGL driver upgrade help

I tried to start up DAZ 4.9 this morning and got an error message stating that in order to use the program I had to upgrade my OpenGL 1.1 to OpenGL 1.3 video driver.  Can anyone help me with this?  I am tired of jumping through countless hoops to get theis driver and I sure as hell am not paying out fifty bucks to 'get my outdated drivers fixed' by one of those pay sites!  Thanks for your help! 

David

Comments

• Two things to check: first, has Windows Update replaced the manufacturer's GPU driver with its own (this is the most likely reason for a system that has been fine to suddenly complain, OpenGL 1.3 is a long-standing requirement); second, if you have a laptop with an Intel GPU and an nVidia or AMD GPU is DS still set to use the nVidia/AMD chip and not the Intel?

• I have been having the same problem for the last few days, I have searched Google and everything I see they want me to buy an updater, I already have an addon from Avast to update 

my computer but for some reason it will not update my open gl from 1.1 to 1.3. It keeps telling me I have the latest version. I have no clue how to find if Windows update took over my driver but from searching I am not the only one having this problem. I am about ready to just turn off my computer and leave it.

• I have been having the same problem for the last few days, I have searched Google and everything I see they want me to buy an updater, I already have an addon from Avast to update 

my computer but for some reason it will not update my open gl from 1.1 to 1.3. It keeps telling me I have the latest version. I have no clue how to find if Windows update took over my driver but from searching I am not the only one having this problem. I am about ready to just turn off my computer and leave it.

• Driver updatse never cost money - if someone is trying to sell you something be very, very suspicious. Have you gone to the manufacturer's website (nVidia or AMD), entered the details of your GPU on the driver page, downloaded the current driver, and installed it?

• Yes I did that yesterday and I downloaded their installer which was free and installed the Open GL they had and it said it was installed but when I click to open Daz it still says  it is not there. 

I did read on my searches that some times Windows driver will take over your video driver and cause problem wether this is true or not I dont know.  I did go to settings and clicked on display adapter properties and in the pop up box it did say it was a Microsoft basic driver, not my ATI Radion HD 4800 and under the monitor tab it had checked hide modes that this monitor can not diplay. I have been using extended screens for years makes things easier for me but that is gone too plus my setting keep changing when I turn on my computer and my icons moving. 

Could Microsofts video drivers take over my video card and how do I change it?

• Where are you getting an OpenGL driver? For Windows it's usually part of the main GPU driver. What GPU do you have?

• It is not a driver it should come with your video card drivers and when you update them it should be updated too  but mine will not update to a newer version after the last windows update, You can download a newer version by going to the company that made your video card, mine just will not udate so Daz will not work. 

• or if the windows video driver has taken over my video card then it will not work

• What video card?