Stonemason's Recon Drone

I love the promos for this one, tthe ones where it is extra large made me laugh a little

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,698
    edited November 2017

Does it really mean to say " it's every bit as useless as the original" ? LOL

Useful I'd say.

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • Does it really mean to say " it's every bit as useless as the original" ? LOL

Useful I'd say.

When I saw it said another Stonemason product, I expected to see one of his amazing large sets, didn't expect to see a little drone, then saw what surely must be the 'typo' you quoted. Certainly had to laugh, but hope it gets changed. All stonemasons products are fine detailed quality.

smiley

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

At least the drone does not break the bank.  But buying it could lead to bank breaking deals in your cart!

• It's funny how he crammed so much detail into what- is essentially a simple ball.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I like it. Kind of what I was looking for

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135

I bet there's some kind of inside joke with that description.  And I love this drone, it's exactly what I've been looking for, without even realizing I needed it.  Already have a couple of shots planned out for him.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,943
    edited November 2017

..so according to the description, it is essentially an "updated" Floater Bot.  Love the old Floater and never found it "useless". ;-)

hi.jpg
    800 x 800 - 463K
    a captive audience final.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    I won't let them hurt you.jpg
    900 x 675 - 74K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232

Looks like a future version of a gopro. I bought a gopro session that looks like a cube version of this model.

• kyoto kid said:

..so according to the description, it is essentially an "updated" Floater Bot.  Love the old Floater and never found it "useless". ;-)

Loved the Floater Bot, and like you, I have some renders wherein it was most definitely not useless (in one render, a floater bot played bait for a trap).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,943

...yeah I'll have to get this  There's even a grungy "used" texture included.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,929
    kyoto kid said:

what product ist that old floater anyway? I couldn't find anything in the shop

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109
    Linwelly said:
    kyoto kid said:

The old Stonemason Freebie site from a previous millenium (Stefen-Morrel.com)  is gone, but the files are still available from the web archive (hope Stonemason is ok with this).   There is also a 2-part tutorial on sharecg on how to upgrade the freebie for Carrara.  The floater-bot is one of my all-time favorite freebies!

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Freebies_previously_hosted_at_stefan-morrell.com

Yeah, the new bot is a must-have!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,929
    Greymom said:
    Linwelly said:
    kyoto kid said:

The old Stonemason Freebie site from a previous millenium (Stefen-Morrel.com)  is gone, but the files are still available from the web archive (hope Stonemason is ok with this).   There is also a 2-part tutorial on sharecg on how to upgrade the freebie for Carrara.  The floater-bot is one of my all-time favorite freebies!

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Freebies_previously_hosted_at_stefan-morrell.com

Thanks for the pointer! I will get the new one as well as soon as my budget allows, and I have good use for it already (talk aout useless, he) but that old one looked like a little jewel as well

• Greymom said:
    Linwelly said:
    kyoto kid said:

Thanks so much.