Reby Sky or Angela for S4/V4?

I am undecided between them. Does Reby include a skin or is just a morph?

S4 is oldie but Angela seems more interesting.

Comments

• I pick the mannequin, those geografts can come in handy for all sorts of images,

• If you already had the mannequin what of those women would you get?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

I pick the mannequin, those geografts can come in handy for all sorts of images,

Um ... did you respond to the right post?

Reby Sky comes with skin textures.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

hmm puzzled with reby sky, originally it was 'non commercial' use only, now it has the option for an extended license????

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393
    edited November 2017

Reby never was non-commercial only. There was a digital clone for V3 who was non-commercial only, but the ones for v4 were all ok.

Post edited by Leana on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,830
    SimonJM said:

I pick the mannequin, those geografts can come in handy for all sorts of images,

Made sense to me, as the mannequin was the other free option to choose in addition to the two characters - and that's what I went with.

• Leana said:

Reby never was non-commercial only. There was a digital clone for V3 who was non-commercial only, but the ones for v4 were all ok.

Anne Marie Goddard, though it wasn't ad restrictive as no commercial use at all in the end (the terms were revised from the initial release).

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

laugh my bad memory... needs upgrading... cheeky

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Reby Sky was one of my "go to" morphs for V4 and Genesis 1.  Not usually at full strength, but a large number of my characters (especially for pictures of my RPG characters) had Reby at at least 40%.

So I'm kinda biassed.

RGcincy said:
    SimonJM said:

Made sense to me, as the mannequin was the other free option to choose in addition to the two characters - and that's what I went with.

OP (and subject) only mention Reby Sky and Angrela for S4/V4 - neither of which involve geografts or a mannequin, hence my comment

• finallly got mannequin, Aiden for M5, Victoria 5 Elite Ponytail Hair and... Reby Sky :)

As I had Stephanie pro bundle I was very tempted to get Angela but your comments only mentioned Reby and on confirming it includes a skin I felt comforted to get it.

Genesis is great with Anagenessis.

• SimonJM said:
    RGcincy said:
    SimonJM said:

OP (and subject) only mention Reby Sky and Angrela for S4/V4 - neither of which involve geografts or a mannequin, hence my comment

I should have provided a little more info before,  just like Equisvoid I was considering between Angela and Reby for the 4hr freebie,  but decided to choose the mannequin instead cause it was one of the five choices available, and both those characters are atleast 5 years old.  all moot now.

elaborate.jpg
    678 x 335 - 102K
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,575
    glaseye said:

hmm puzzled with reby sky, originally it was 'non commercial' use only, now it has the option for an extended license????

Leana said:

Anna Marie Goddard was non-Commercial.

Reby Sky was not. But the name is still trademarked, so I magine she or her lawyers would want to have words with you if you started making a lot of money by using it.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited November 2017

Reby Sky was not. But the name is still trademarked, so I magine she or her lawyers would want to have words with you if you started making a lot of money by using it.

Wut? You really think Daz3d would have spent the time and money doing the scans, without getting proper releases? Lol.....

Post edited by TheKD on
  • Ruby sky is skin and morph, though it’s not very good in my opinion. I bought her on release and regretted it almost immediately. The character seemed generic and the skin made her look like an Oompa Loompa with boobs. 

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,147

Ruby sky is skin and morph, though it’s not very good in my opinion. I bought her on release and regretted it almost immediately. The character seemed generic and the skin made her look like an Oompa Loompa with boobs. 

The Reby Sky in that now expired freebie was the Genesis 1 version which is only the morphs (head morph and full body morph) and no skin. Good to know since I wasn't sure about getting the original just for the skin. I personally like the shape.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited November 2017
    SimonJM said:
    RGcincy said:
    SimonJM said:

I should have provided a little more info before,  just like Equisvoid I was considering between Angela and Reby for the 4hr freebie,  but decided to choose the mannequin instead cause it was one of the five choices available, and both those characters are atleast 5 years old.  all moot now.

This was a great event Daz had put on with the venders.  I am very grateful for all the awesome free stuff I was able to get and I thank you from the bottom of mt heart.  But unfortunately as like many of the people that have been here at daz any amount of time. I found alot of these give away that offer the older content .  I had already owned it, this last give away for the night it appeared,  I own the entire lot that was offered . that happened twice  during the weekend give away .. which actually made me smile & frown @ the same time. because it told me how much time i am spending at daz to have acquired so much content. :)

" What do you mean I am out of money. I still have checks left?"

Post edited by Ivy on

Sorry if the info I gave was misleading, I had forgotten there was a Genesis, morph-only product of Reby Sky and as I have both that (just checked inspired by @MimicMolly's comment!) and the original V4 one I did not see what was on offer as the freebie.

• Ruby sky is skin and morph, though it’s not very good in my opinion. I bought her on release and regretted it almost immediately. The character seemed generic and the skin made her look like an Oompa Loompa with boobs. 

The Reby Sky in that now expired freebie was the Genesis 1 version which is only the morphs (head morph and full body morph) and no skin. Good to know since I wasn't sure about getting the original just for the skin. I personally like the shape.

I forgot that they made a genesis version. But my statement still stands. The character is not that great and the skin they made was godawful 

• v4 redy and gen reby blonde

reby sky elite genesis.jpg
    504 x 607 - 117K