GeForce GTX 970 not listed in Render Settings tab.

Hi,

I just updated my GPU from a GeForce Quadro 4800 to a GTX 970, but I t doesn’t show in the Hardware tab of the Render Settings. There is only a check box for CPU. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• OZ-84OZ-84 Posts: 128
    BrianG61 said:

Hi,

I just updated my GPU from a GeForce Quadro 4800 to a GTX 970, but I t doesn’t show in the Hardware tab of the Render Settings. There is only a check box for CPU. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Brian

I have this problem sometimes with my 1080TIs. In my case it helps to remove the graphic card drivers (talking about a real full uninstall) and install afterwards the newest drivers again. No idea why this happens and i cant tell you for sure if this helps in your case. However ... if i was you, i would try this first. 

• OZ-84 said:
    BrianG61 said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Brian

I have this problem sometimes with my 1080TIs. In my case it helps to remove the graphic card drivers (talking about a real full uninstall) and install afterwards the newest drivers again. No idea why this happens and i cant tell you for sure if this helps in your case. However ... if i was you, i would try this first. 

Thank you. I will try that.

• OZ-84 said:
    BrianG61 said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Brian

Unfortunately that did not work. I'm on a 2009 MacPro, running OSX 10.11.6, if that has anyting to do with it.

• OZ-84OZ-84 Posts: 128
    edited November 2017
    BrianG61 said:
    OZ-84 said:
    BrianG61 said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Brian

Unfortunately that did not work. I'm on a 2009 MacPro, running OSX 10.11.6, if that has anyting to do with it.

Did the 4800 work with exactly the same DAZ install you try it right now? Does the Iray Logo in the upper right corner of the loading screen appear? Do other 3d aplications work normaly on your mac? What DAZ version are you on?

Post edited by OZ-84 on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,126

Have you reinstalled your device driver(s)? I'm not sure about Mac, but in windows the quadro cards do ot use the same device drivers as the gtx cards. Also, on the Mac, you may need to install the cuda drivers separately if you need to install a different driver set for he card.

• OZ-84 said:
    BrianG61 said:
    OZ-84 said:
    BrianG61 said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Brian

Did the 4800 work with exactly the same DAZ install you try it right now? Does the Iray Logo in the upper right corner of the loading screen appear? Do other 3d aplications work normaly on your mac? What DAZ version are you on?

Actually, after some back and forth work updating both the webdriver AND the Cuda driver, the 970 is now appearing in the list. Thanks again.

• namffuak said:

Have you reinstalled your device driver(s)? I'm not sure about Mac, but in windows the quadro cards do ot use the same device drivers as the gtx cards. Also, on the Mac, you may need to install the cuda drivers separately if you need to install a different driver set for he card.

Yes, you're right. I had to try a few webdriver updates, before I found one that worked, and then I needed to do the same with the Cuda driver.  All is good now. Thanks so much.