Geometry Editor Selection - Genesis 8 Male and Tyrone (also a Genesis 8 Male)

nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Request for verification as a bug or it this a 'known feature':

Geometry Editor Selection -

I have two Genesis 8 Male characters in the same scene - Genesis 8 Male and Tyrone (also a Genesis 8 Male) -

a) I turn on the Geometry Editor

b) I select Tyrone in the Scene tab

c) I Marquee select thigh 'poke-through' of the Tyrone's thighs through the pants he is wearing.

d) If I accidently select some of the neighboring Genesis 8 Male character, despite that I have him not selected in the Scene tab, the marquee selection will select some of that model's geometry as well! That is a bug and not a feature as I understand it.

e) Same principal for other models in the scene - eg - I want to hide some of the Law Enforcement boots both characters are wearing - only selecting one pair of those boots in the Scene tab doesn't prevent me from selecting geometry from both pairs of boots. That is a bug.

That happens in DAZ Studio Public Beta 4.10.0.118 64 bit and probably earlier versions too.

I will submit this as a bug unless someone says there is good reason it works that way.

Thanks.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Comments

• I'm not sure it is a bug - if you make chnages to oen mesh it will affect both as they are the same asset, so having selection cross over may be expected. Still, no harm in reporting it and getting the official word.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

OK. I'll report and just hide the other mesh if it is not a bug.