I really appreciate short afro hair

larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
edited November 2017 in The Commons

I think it's super great that it's for both males and females on G3 and G8. I didn't see a thread for this product but still wanted to share my thoughts. I found it to be a good value and I am sure I will find it useful for a long time to come.

I've been looking for something like this for a good bit. There are not enough options for natural black hair. It does prove to be a hindrance when developing a character for me time to time. Once you straighten one's hair it changes their character fundamentally, so while I expect this product is very niche I'm glad to add it to my limited assortment of black hair styles.

Thanks to both the PA and Daz :)

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

Ditto. And, in case you haven't noticed, when you turn off the ridiculous curls on Terran Hair (a parameter for this is conveniently provided), another type of short afro is revealed. I'd like to see a larger, morphable version of this same hair.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153

Much as I love April's hair, I think the hair by Redz has a better hairline than this one does, at least for the guys ;).

Laurie

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Redz always does great napes too. The back of the head looks nicely done.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    xyer0 said:

Ditto. And, in case you haven't noticed, when you turn off the ridiculous curls on Terran Hair (a parameter for this is conveniently provided), another type of short afro is revealed. I'd like to see a larger, morphable version of this same hair.

that is good to know, thanks!

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,421

I think it's super great that it's for both males and females on G3 and G8. I didn't see a thread for this product but still wanted to share my thoughts. 

Thanks to both the PA and Daz :)

That‘s good to hear - I just bought this hair. laugh

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Thank you for the lovely feedback. Glad you’re enjoying the hair. I enjoyed making it. Redz xx

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868
    Redz said:

Thank you for the lovely feedback. Glad you’re enjoying the hair. I enjoyed making it. Redz xx

Please make more. The hair that comes with Tyrone is also super-excellent!

AllenArt said:

Much as I love April's hair, I think the hair by Redz has a better hairline than this one does, at least for the guys ;).

Laurie

Yes, I agree. But I do lots of group scenes, and I need varieties of the same motif, which these two hairs have finally provided.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I am creating a scene with the classic side part hair & the Tyrone hair & it absolutely hammers my computer when I try to render. It looks good though. I have the two short fros but haven't used them yet. I'm happy to get them there is a scene I've been wanting to render a long time.  I guess next thing in line with these improved hairs and dForce extensions I will need a computer to upgrade to 128GB RAM. 16GB is starting to get limiting.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,421

Today I had the time to try this hair - I love it! I'm not the biggest fan of fibermesh hair, but this one is perfect. Wow.