dForce Constant Crashing

Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 356

Running Studio 4.1 (BETA) on Windows 7 X64 with dual NVidia cards GeForce GTX 650 Ti(s).  Latest graphic card drivers from NVidia are installed.  Every time I try a simulation (tried Vagabond Dress (just the skirt), Hellenic Chiton--newer items, not old stuff), it starts the simulation and then the video display driver crashes Studio anywhere from 5-10 minutes into the simulation.  If this is sytem resource related, what the Hell kind of specs are required to run dForce?  Finding dForce rather useless at this point.

driver crash.png
453 x 85 - 26K
Post edited by Fragg1960 on

Comments

• 4.10 rather than 4.1. Does the bardot Dress from the dForce Starter Essentials work?

• Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 356
    edited December 2017

Yes, Studio 4.10.  Tried Bardot Oufit from Stater Essentials on Genesis 8 in a sitting pose and it works perfectly (no crashes or errors). It does it pretty fast too (under 5 minutes on my rig). What I was trying to do with the other outfits was add the dForce modifier and use them on Genesis 3.  If I understand the way dForce is supposed to work--it shouldn't make a difference if I use it on G3 or G8 (or does it?).  I mean I read up on dForce and I know some older stuff won't work and other stuff can explode, but I thought using newer outfits was safer to use.

PS. Tried the Hellenic Chiton on G8, added the dForce modifier to it and ran the simulation (on the same pose as the Bardot outfit) and it worked perfectly.  Reset the same G8 figure with the Hellenic outfit on, and then applied the same pose as I originally tried with G3 and it crashed the video driver.  It appears some poses crash dForce.  This is not an extreme pose, by the way, it's just a sitting pose with the torso leaning forward.

This is what the error log listed when it crashed: 

2017-12-01 16:30:18.322 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(30): Open CL notify: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_NDRANGE_KERNEL on GeForce GTX 650 Ti (Device 0).

2017-12-01 16:30:18.322 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2294): ERROR: Memory Object Allocation Failure (-4)
    2017-12-01 16:30:19.773 Total Simulation Time: 6 minutes 20.41 seconds

Post edited by Fragg1960 on
  • Most likely the slight diffrence between figures adfter converting the pose was enough to leave a physically impossible situation. Still, especially if you see this in the public beta, it's worth a report.