Lighting is off - waaaay off

OK, I was doing a project in iRay, but the iRay renderer takes over 6 hours per frame.  

So... I am switching the whole thing back to 3Delite

But... now my "texture shaded" working window is always dark, so I cranked my light source multiplier up to 1 million (with no effect on the preview).

Of course 3DLite rendered that like the inside of a supernova.

Do I have to do something to remove all those iRay Shaders from my objects and figures?  Is that what's causing me to edit in the dark and render in the sun?  Basically how do I get what's rendered close to what's on the edit window, so I can use DAZ to - you know - make arts!

My preferred solution is to make it so I can light the scene in the design window.  Right now with one light, this is as bright as it gets.

daz-bad1.jpg
1024 x 564 - 58K
daz-bad2.jpg
582 x 986 - 62K
daz-bad3.jpg
521 x 987 - 66K

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Yes you will have to convert all mats to 3DL using existing mat presets or 3DL shaders (for example the DS default shader found in your content library/shaderpresets/DS defaults. For the lightning you could add an ambient light to the scene such as the UE2 or theAoA ambient light, as you will probably need it anyway to get good lightning when rendering. There are for sure other ways to brighten up the preview, you could use the camera headlight or simply add some distant lights as long as you compose the scene, then turn them off or delete before rendering out the scene.

• Texture Shaded is not going to give a very good preview of lighting. You could use the Aux Viewport with the IPR (Interactive Preview render) on if you want something more accurate.