Matching collar to cat

I have a simple collar that I want to use with the Millenium Cat.  I figured out how to set the parent of the collar to be the neck of the cat.  However, there is no "Fit To" option for the collar, so I do not know how to make the collar match the size of the cat.  From searching the Internet, it sounds like the collar needs to be rigged, and have bones similar to the cat's neck.  There seems to be several ways to do rigging in Daz Studio.  What would be the easiest way for matching the collar to the cat?

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

If this is just for the current pose, have you tried scaling and rotations?

• BeeMKay said:

If this is just for the current pose, have you tried scaling and rotations?

Yes.  I can get the collar to fit using scaling and rotation.  I plan on rendering quite a few cats in different sizes and poses.  When I change the pose, I often need to adjust the collar slightly.  I was hoping there was a way to have the collar adjust automatically.  

• the trouble with converting the milcat to weightmapping and using the transfer utility is it will take on any morphs and distort,

it is not a conforming clothing

propping it still the best option but smart propping will help

parent it to the cat's neck and save as support asset with parenting checked and follower assessory neck

Capture.JPG
    433 x 467 - 44K
  • Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited December 2017

Yes save yourself an asset. Then you can save it as a WearAble Preset but wait this requiers a Triax Weight Map figure - that the milcat isnt..?

Another cheap trick would be to "Apply Smoothink Modifier" to the collar and in the Paramerter pane of the collar search for General/Mesh Smoothing/Collision then set the Collision Item to the cat Figure then tweak the settings of the Properties Collision / Smoothing Iterations. First go higher with the Collision value until the collar dont intersect with the cat then go higher with the Smoothing value until the collar is less distorted.

Also with the collar selected you can add D-Former(s) to possition and manipulate the shape with these - this is a bit complicated but works together with the Smoothing Modifier.

Once the collar fits the cat - make everything invisible but the collar - make shure its set to "Mesh Resolution base Geomety" and export an OBJ-Morph.

Finaly make everythin visible again - disalble Smoothing Modifier and D-Formers in the Paramerters pane and load your OBJ-Morph fitting shape back to the collar with Morphloader Pro - Done.

And dont forget so save your new Morph shape with File>Save As>Support Asset>Morph Asset.

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on