Hangs on Upgrading CMS... Beyond Frustrated at DAZ

JasonSWrenchJasonSWrench Posts: 379

I'm really beginning to HATE DAZ Studio 4.10. I have had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS since I upgraded. Here's the basic history:

1) Started crashing while trying to render (never had this problem before).

2) I lost the universal tool. Well, it lets me rotate things, but that's about it.

3) Then it lost its ability to recognize different DAZ figures in the Pose Room. Basically, I would click on a figure and DAZ would just show me every possible pose available. With that many poses, most of the G8 poses simply didn't appear there at all.

4) After waiting a month and not getting ANYWHERE with DAZ help (reported the universal tool problem back on October 30th), I decided to try to go ahead and reinstall DAZ to see if that would help. Only this time, it not only didn't help it basically crashed DAZ. Now, anytime I try to run DAZ it never opens. Basically, it tries to connect to CMS and then gets hung up on "Upgrading CMS..." After 2.5 hours of this last night, I finally gave up.

5) Today, I tried again. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling DAZ in multiple ways to see if that helped. Big Nope! Even tried running it as and administrator. Still Nope.

6) My biggest frustration came today when after telling DAZ everything that I was doing to try to just get DAZ to open now, I get a message saying my tech person was pulled away on another project. What!? I'm sorry, but I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars at DAZ. I'm beyond upset at this point with their apparent lack of technical support. Now, I have a bunch of content and I can't even run the software. GRRRRR!!!!!!! I'm sorry, but this is beyond horrible customer service. I get a delay every now and then, but this is beyond that. Why do I get the feeling that DAZ 4.10 simply wasn't ready for prime time yet.

Post edited by JasonSWrench on

Comments

• Not sure what the problem is but:

1) Sounds like graphics driver problem to me unless you render with 3DL, do you have the latest driver for your hardware ?

2) Don't have a clue why you lost it, does the widget look correct with all the T/R/S handlers ? they just don't work when you try to drag the T/S handles or does it look different ?

3/4/5 I would think this has nothing to do with DS 4.10, sounds like a hickup with the CMS, maybe reloading the CMS meta data would help but you have to get into DS to do that.

• JasonSWrenchJasonSWrench Posts: 379
    edited December 2017

1) Yes, it is up-to-date. For some reason, it has to do with the file size most of the time. We think.

2) Nope. Parts are actually missing. Some times I have the scale and rotate options, but no transpose. Other times, I just gave rotate. Again, this one even has DAZ stumped.

https://img00.deviantart.net/dd06/i/2017/336/b/7/universal_tool_by_renderguyny-dbvidaj.jpg

3) I could try reloading the meta data, but I can’t get past the program load screen. As in, the program NEVER opens. I double click, the load image appears, then says, connecting to CMS, and then says “Upgrading CMS...”and that’s where it stops.

Thanks for the suggestions though! 

Jason

Post edited by JasonSWrench on
  • Most of these issues could be CMS related - what security software are you running? On the tools, can you translate if you use the Translate tool and scale with the Scale tool?

• Richard:

No, back when I could get access to DAZ, even when I went into the parameters tab and used translate, I would never see the scale. I had scale and rotate (sometimes only rotate). I haven't seen a little triangle since late October. I was doing OK and working around it, but now I'm just locked out of the software completely. 

Thanks,

Jason