Fitting clothing onto Lorenzo/Loretta LoRez

I'm working on a project requiring a large number (30+) of characters and would like to use the LoRez figures, but I need to vary the clothing, and the characters I own come with the basic jeans/t-shirt or business suit options. Is there any way within DS (4.9) to conform Genesis1 or M4/V4 outfits to the LoRez base characters? Would appreciate any tips on the subject, thank you! This is an animation project so conforming is a must.

Comments

• Looks like those are cr2s, so you'd have to convert them to weight mapped, save them to the library, and then make clones for whatever figures you wanted to borrow clothing from OR scale the clothes to fit by hand and modeling app then transfer the rig.
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Right, thanks! I'm off to search for the "how to make a clone" thread. I did convert one of the male figures to weight mapping, then on a pair of pants did the scaling/posing thing added smoothing modifier export as obj. import and used the transfer utility but the mesh got distorted and did not fit well so yeah looks like I need that clone.

Ok so it goes like this?

1. Import Genesis1 zeroed shape and Lorenzo default

2. Scale squash deform Lorenzo as close as possible to the Genesis shape

3. Export Lorenzo as an obj.

4. Import Lorenzo as a morph using morph loader

5. Set the morph type to modifier/clone in the parameters pane

How do I get the clone to appear in the autofit clone list? Save the morph as ...what? And will this alter the shape of all Lorenzo figures I already created for various projects?

• Save it as Morph Asset. It will not affect the shape of any figure unless you have the default strength set to something other than 0, which you should not.

Type needs to be "Modifier/Clone". Group should be "Hidden/Clone".

• I'm working on a project requiring a large number (30+) of characters and would like to use the LoRez figures, but I need to vary the clothing, and the characters I own come with the basic jeans/t-shirt or business suit options. Is there any way within DS (4.9) to conform Genesis1 or M4/V4 outfits to the LoRez base characters? Would appreciate any tips on the subject, thank you! This is an animation project so conforming is a must.

Hmmm, Evil Inocence's Cross Dresser doesn't seem to support those two figures. I have used their "Contact Us" form to request that it be added. Prehaps if enough people request it they will consider adding Cross Dresser support:  http://www.evilinnocence.com/shop/contacts

Thanks agent unawares and Charlie Judge, much appreciated!

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

One option would be to use Genesis 3 figures instead of Loretta and Lorenzo. At base resolution they are only 20K polys, which is 4 times that of Loretta and Lorenzo. That may sound a lot, but 20K is still not that much, and in reality the texture files that come with figures/clothing use far more RAM/VRAM that the mesh does. It you own decimator, you could reduce Genesis 3 to 10K or lower.

If you go this route, then you should reduce the resolution of the skin and other textures for the Genesis 3 figure, down to 1Kx1K, instead of the normal 4Kx4K. If you own https://www.daz3d.com/scene-optimizer this is very easy to do, but there are other ways to do this. You should also reduce the textures sizes of any clothing fit to the figures, and hair textures.

By using the Genesis 3 figure you have will a vast wardrobe of easily fit clothing available to you.

edited December 2017
    Havos said:

One option would be to use Genesis 3 figures instead of Loretta and Lorenzo. At base resolution they are only 20K polys, which is 4 times that of Loretta and Lorenzo. That may sound a lot, but 20K is still not that much, and in reality the texture files that come with figures/clothing use far more RAM/VRAM that the mesh does. It you own decimator, you could reduce Genesis 3 to 10K or lower.

I don't have Decimator and i'ts way beyond my budget right now, unfortunally. The LoRez have just the morphs/shapes/mats I need for this project.

Havos said:

If you go this route, then you should reduce the resolution of the skin and other textures for the Genesis 3 figure, down to 1Kx1K, instead of the normal 4Kx4K. If you own https://www.daz3d.com/scene-optimizer this is very easy to do, but there are other ways to do this. You should also reduce the textures sizes of any clothing fit to the figures, and hair textures.

Don't own the optimizer either but easely done in Gimp;) Just takes some time to get it done.

Havos said:

By using the Genesis 3 figure you have will a vast wardrobe of easily fit clothing available to you.

Yes that is true. I just don't own anything for G3 except for the starter pack stuff, as I mainly use G1 and have pretty much every morph, clothing and skin ever made for M4 V4 andV5 uv maps;)

Anyway I really appreciate you taking the time to make couple of suggestions, though I think I go the LoRez route and see where it leads me, thanks!

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    edited December 2017
    Havos said:

I don't have Decimator and i'ts way beyond my budget right now, unfortunally. The LoRez have just the morphs/shapes/mats I need for this project.

Havos said:

Don't own the optimizer either but easely done in Gimp;) Just takes some time to get it done.

Havos said:

Yes that is true. I just don't own anything for G3 except for the starter pack stuff, as I mainly use G1 and have pretty much every morph, clothing and skin ever made for M4 V4 andV5 uv maps;)

Anyway I really appreciate you taking the time to make couple of suggestions, though I think I go the LoRez route and see where it leads me, thanks!

Naturally all my comments regarding Genesis 3 could also apply to Genesis, albeit it is a slightly higher polycount (22K, I think).

I understand that you wish to remain with Loretta/Lorenzo if that is what you have been aiming for (particularly if you have already set up the animations for them), but for background characters now I would use one of the Genesis figures, for exactly the reason you bought up, the lack of a decent wardrobe. The Genesis figures also look a lot better, and properly optimized should only require slightly more memory. I have Loretta/Lorenzo aswell, and I have used them as background characters, but even in this role thet don't look great, and I struggle to adjust them so that don't look like a bunch of clones. Clearly, with the multitude of available head/body morphs, making the Genesis line of figures look distinct is much easier.

I did render a scene with 20 G3F figures using just 8 GB of system RAM and 3GB of VRAM, and it rendered pretty fast. Of course for an animation you will want each frame to render very quickly.

I do recommend Scene Optimizer, it is worth picking up when it is on sale.

Post edited by Havos on
    Havos said:
    Havos said:

Havos said:

Havos said:

Naturally all my comments regarding Genesis 3 could also apply to Genesis, albeit it is a slightly higher polycount (22K, I think).

I understand that you wish to remain with Loretta/Lorenzo if that is what you have been aiming for (particularly if you have already set up the animations for them), but for background characters now I would use one of the Genesis figures, for exactly the reason you bought up, the lack of a decent wardrobe. The Genesis figures also look a lot better, and properly optimized should only require slightly more memory. I have Loretta/Lorenzo aswell, and I have used them as background characters, but even in this role thet don't look great, and I struggle to adjust them so that don't look like a bunch of clones. Clearly, with the multitude of available head/body morphs, making the Genesis line of figures look distinct is much easier.

I hear you, especially the women look very scarylaugh. And there's also the hair problem, I've parented different scull caps to the head of the males and as background characters it works ok. And short hairstyles for women is pretty easy to make work. Also converting the ones closest to the camera to subD helps a lot.

Havos said:

I did render a scene with 20 G3F figures using just 8 GB of system RAM and 3GB of VRAM, and it rendered pretty fast. Of course for an animation you will want each frame to render very quickly.

I'll be rendering in 3DL so the scenes don't need to fit a GPU, so not a big problem.

Havos said:

I do recommend Scene Optimizer, it is worth picking up when it is on sale.

Yes I have it wishlisted, read through the product description once again and will have to get it eventually.

And I've made some animation presets for the LoRez's that work ok, and I have been working a lot with Gen1 so guess I will have to think it over one more time. I'll start off by making that clone to see if I can get it to work and then I will decide what to do. Thanks for the input!