Question about use of Environment images

Hey everyone,

Still on my steep learning curve and back again with another question!  Hope it's in the correct place - if not, apologies.

I've been looking into using HDRI images as my environment background.  I found a great yet simple explanation at [ https://raxatech.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-HDR-Environments-in-Daz-Studio-588942586 ] which explains where I'm pretty much at.

It's all working fine and renders look great!  However, is there any way to get the background image to show in the actual preview window?  Like when I'm moving characters, props etc.  It would be so much easier to see where everything is in relation to the image rather than to do a quick render each time I want to check.

Thanks in advance,

John

Comments

• davegvdavegv Posts: 164
    edited December 2017

Hi, In the upper right corner of your viewport you will see a round globe ( next to the View selection pulldown ) 

Here you can select IRay View and it will preview in the viewport. I suggest you return to texture shaded view when rendering....

also this will be helpful

http://www.versluis.com/2015/05/how-to-use-the-interactive-preview-renderer-in-daz-studio/

Post edited by davegv on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

In the Window/Panes menu open the Aux View pane and dock it at the side of the main window and set it to Iray this will let you see the background. You can click and hide it or view it as needed without starting a render. This is how I do it. Depending on the content and the spec of your computer if you set the draw parameters right you will see what is happening in near real time or just have to wait a few seconds for the image to appear. Also when first opened in the Aux Viewport you will have to wait a little while until Iray sets up the scene before it renders it after that it doesn't take as long unless you close the scene, start a new one or close the Aux Viewport.