Help with install, please?

Hello.

It's been a long while for me and I am a little lost with install manager and finding and installing content, etc.

I had studio before and install manager was set up to go to old folders I deleted. I think I have it pointing to the right place now... maybe, but I don't seem to have any actual content, like Genesis or anything and I don't understand what i'm looking at inside studio when its telling me to click to download the content I thought I told install manager to install...

I'm so confused. Help please?

Comments

• Make sure your daz content directory in DS is the same as your Settings>Installation directory in Install Manager.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,153
    edited December 2017

Have you installed all the Starter Essentials packages? Genesis Starter Essentials, Genesis 2 Female and Male Starter Essentials, etc? The content DS is telling you to install is thru Connect. You could theortically have two of the same thing installed - one thru DIM and one thru Connect, so be careful there.

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Not sure how to put an image in here...

but what I have found is a tab called "Content Directory Manager" and it looks kinda like this:

Content Sets

-Current Directories

+Daz Connect Data

+DazStudio Formats

+Poser Formats

-Other import Formats

Then to the left of that I see:

Content Set

New

Move

Which one of these should I point my Content folder to?

• I just want to start fresh. New. But I see all this stuff Ive ordered before but have not installed yet INSIDE studio telling me to click to install it...but no Genesis...

So confused.

• You want to have a directory inside of Daz Studio Formats that is the exact same as the one listed in your install manager.

• I don't know if this helps...

but I figured out it is pointing to the folder I wanted content to go... but there is no content in it yet

All I see are things in the Products tab that I ordered a long time ago but do not have installed yet in this version of studio..

"Starter Essentials" are not in the Product list

• If I go to my account I see a whole bunch of Starter Essentials.

One for Genesis... Genesis 2... Genesis 3... Genesis 8...

Do I have to install these manually? Why is some stuff showing up in "Products", but not all my stuff?

• If I go to my account I see a whole bunch of Starter Essentials.

One for Genesis... Genesis 2... Genesis 3... Genesis 8...

Do I have to install these manually?

No! You can install them through DIM and look at your DIM installation directory to make sure it is a directory DAZ is pointing to in Content Directory Manager.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,902
    edited December 2017

OK...

In the DIM Installation tab

it says:

64 bit Sotware: C:/Program Files

32 bit Software C:/Program Files(x86)

Label                     Path

Daz Library           G:/Daz Library

This seems right to me since I want my content to go to G:/Daz Library

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,902
    edited December 2017

But I don't know how to use the installer thing unless I go to my account and tell it to download everything.I see

697 files ready to download...

0 files ready to install

2 files installed

The two installed are:

Default Resources for Daz Studio 4.9+

Interactive Lessons for Daz Studio 4.9+

What am I not understanding?

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • I think I figured it out maybe... Thank you smiley

• I think I figured it out maybe... Thank you smiley

Haha, good luck. :)

• Thanks. :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

But I don't know how to use the installer thing unless I go to my account and tell it to download everything.I see

697 files ready to download...

0 files ready to install

2 files installed

Good luck, sounds like fun...NOT! Reminds me I need to back up my content now. I can't imagine d/ling that many files, would take me weeks with my crappy internet.

•  

Good luck, sounds like fun...NOT! Reminds me I need to back up my content now. I can't imagine d/ling that many files, would take me weeks with my crappy internet.

It's not been too bad... actually. LOL

Except...

I don't remember anything! Ha! I wasn't here for Genesis 2, so I am so very lost and confused about pretty much everything.

I can't remember... Do I have to install V4 and all of her morphs to have Genesis V4 Shapes use those morphs and her clothes? I have that Generation X thing in my product Library, but when I tried to download and install it, I couldn't find it. Any suggestions?