My Bryce 32bit cannot send to my Daz 64 bit.

themidgetthemidget Posts: 287
edited April 2018 in Bryce Discussion

I had a version of Bryce 7.1 32 bit for a long time and now I have Daz Studio 64 bit.  Daz can send a character to Bryce without problems but Bryce doesn't know Daz exists.  Is there any way to remedy this without buying a new copy of Bryce?

Post edited by themidget on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Best place to get an answer to this question is in the Bryce forum.  To move your thread there tick the gear icon at top right of your first post, (the icon next to the star)  From the drop down select edit and on that screen choose Bryce Discussion from the category drop down on the left of the page.

You should not need to buy a new copy of Bryce rpovided that you have a full copy as purchased in the Daz Store.  Bryce 7.1 pro 32 bit is the latest version available.

Soory I can't help you more, but I don't use DS

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287
    Chohole said:

Best place to get an answer to this question is in the Bryce forum.  To move your thread there tick the gear icon at top right of your first post, (the icon next to the star)  From the drop down select edit and on that screen choose Bryce Discussion from the category drop down on the left of the page.

You should not need to buy a new copy of Bryce rpovided that you have a full copy as purchased in the Daz Store.  Bryce 7.1 pro 32 bit is the latest version available.

Soory I can't help you more, but I don't use DS

Thank you

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

Due to a lack of recent uypdates to Bryce the only way to get newer versions of DS to cooperate is with edits to the registry. Not too scary. Youll run Regedit and then apply the key changes as necessary. Please report back if you have any problems. I'm going to include a screen shot of what the correct keys should look like

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10508/bryce-bridge-dazstudio#latest

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

Due to a lack of recent uypdates to Bryce the only way to get newer versions of DS to cooperate is with edits to the registry. Not too scary. Youll run Regedit and then apply the key changes as necessary. Please report back if you have any problems. I'm going to include a screen shot of what the correct keys should look like

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10508/bryce-bridge-dazstudio#latest

Thank you - I will do so.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

What version of DAZ Studio you were using? Did you succeed with regedit workaround?

For me, i'm still on DS 4.8, and Bryce "sees" DS. I always have to send something from Bryce to DS first, though, as DS doesn't send to Bryce until it received anything from it already. I start Bryce, build cube, send it to DAZ, which launches it, then delete cubes in both apps and then i can send from DS to Bryce.

I think would be good if people who use different versions will confirm in this thread what works and what not for them. If i'll finally update DS to recent ones, i don't want to loose bridge option.

• ? This is so old. Bryce looks for Daz 3. Just change the path to Daz 4. Yes, it works fine with 64 bit Daz. I've been using it for a while now with no problems. And you don't need to actually send something, just hit the Big Daz button in Bryce.

Example Pic for what it looks like done.PNG
    967 x 1043 - 106K