Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Another render from me. This one took over 3½ hrs to render, but that could have been because I used a cube fill light stretched to fit the inside of this model as well as 3 other radial lights, one to light the streaming light rays through the broken roof and the other 2 to light the tunnel and the phantom.

My fave photofilter added in PS to ramp up the contrast a tad.

Somewhat unusual for me, no landscape and no trees. :coolsmirk:

awesome looking Image, well done.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Another render from me. This one took over 3½ hrs to render, but that could have been because I used a cube fill light stretched to fit the inside of this model as well as 3 other radial lights, one to light the streaming light rays through the broken roof and the other 2 to light the tunnel and the phantom.

My fave photofilter added in PS to ramp up the contrast a tad.

Somewhat unusual for me, no landscape and no trees. :coolsmirk:

Wow, that's a super render. And no even slightly pastellish or Bryceish.

Rareth, yeah I've noticed with the new mic the levels are lower, but by being better it should be possible to turn it up more in the player without experiencing a lot of noise. Glad you got the UVmapping working. Well done!

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: Fantastic results from FencePost's tutorial. Where'd you get the flowers, I need a few for a project.

@JStryder: Real nice image.

@Trish: Second Ranger is great, it just need some ground to stand on.;-)

Starionwolf: Background turned out nice, nice characters also.

@Dangerlad: iPhones look nice. So you your virus images.

@David: Where to start? All you've done lately is really great. The crystal cube really stands out. And thanks for posting Art's video.

@Horo: That was a torus knot, wasn't it? Results are great, like stainless bars interwoven.

@Rareth: Your star objects are mouth waterers, nice job. Like your results on the other images.

@Pam: Lovely image, feels really old and abandoned.

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A third attempt at rendering my iPhone. When I did it the previous time, I had apparently turned on the Blurred Reflections. Turning that off seems to have help, but I still think it looks a little off. Probably just me.

iPhoneModel_2a.jpg
    1194 x 995 - 136K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited September 2013

chohole; This is a really cool render it sets the mood perfect!! It is totally different from anything I have seen of your work...awesome!!! Trish...p.s. Thank you for checking on me.

Guss; your humor cracks me up...breath mints...LOL.....I am kinda having fun now with the dark side..but you have to set up everything even shadows...which is a pain...Thank you for visiting me.

Oh who am I trying to kid the dark side is a lot like a 2yr old you have to do everything for it except give it a potty break...It would be easier if the content was in one place and then you have to remember the title of the item and if you are looking for a texture file you have to know the artists name........ect......its not like Bryce where I can just go to my Horo and David files

Post edited by Trish on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited September 2013

so I finally got a chance to play with glass, water and caustics. I set the color of sun light and ambient light to green.

On the left is glass set to yellow and on the right is a cylinder set to Caribbean Resort water. The top of the rectangle box and cylinder are purple and the middle part is green.

Sky looks interesting. I might make an ice palace or something. That scene might take a while to render.

Edit: oh yeah, the ground plane is supposed to be white.

thanks for looking. Bye.

Glass_and_water.jpg
    540 x 405 - 41K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

another Wings3d Shape done 3 ways.

lamp-on-table3.jpg
    875 x 875 - 365K
    lamp-on-table2.jpg
    875 x 875 - 401K
    lamp-on-table.jpg
    875 x 875 - 415K
    edited December 1969

cool. I did not know you can make curvy shapes like these in Wings3d. I like the table too.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

@Rareth - more nice double helixes.

@Dangerlad - loocking good, your bucky-bally. New shape looks great. Quite a stylish lamp.

@Pam - that one came out very nicely. I like the strong contrast, it makes it more dramatic.

@starionwolf - glass came out quite fine. The colours are a bit clashing to my eye.

edited December 1969

Hi Horo,

Yes, I do agree that there is too much green. I will need to play with the groundplane's materials. I need to play with the sky lab too to tone down the purple colors. I'm trying to make a green atmosphere for an alien planet. Bye

edited December 1969

more modeling in Wings3d.. I went and got the latest Manifold labs version.. it does Booleans among other things..

rocket-launcher.jpg
    875 x 875 - 304K
    edited December 1969

@Dangerlad: That cell phone keeps getting better the more you toil.

@Trish: Glad your funny bone is being tickled. Sometimes humor just jumps at me when I see an image.

@starionwolf: The glass and water look nice, but the green--eh, not so much.

@Rareth: Those first three images are way nice, especially the third one. How the light scatters on the surrounding area is really nice. The last Wings image is interesting. Almost looks like a rocket launcher.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Dangerlad: That cell phone keeps getting better the more you toil.

@Trish: Glad your funny bone is being tickled. Sometimes humor just jumps at me when I see an image.

@starionwolf: The glass and water look nice, but the green--eh, not so much.

@Rareth: Those first three images are way nice, especially the third one. How the light scatters on the surrounding area is really nice. The last Wings image is interesting. Almost looks like a rocket launcher.

it is a rocket launcher.. the base needs a lot more work, I'll probably break it down and make it separately.

edited September 2013

Rareth said:
    it is a rocket launcher.. the base needs a lot more work, I'll probably break it down and make it separately.

I thought they were boxes with some wheels so that the box can be pushed in any direction. Thanks for the clarification. The not-boxes but rocket launchers look very nicely crafted.
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited September 2013

Something that might prove useful to those struggling to get image textures onto their home made objects. UV Mapper Classic and Bryce - parametric mapping and repeating images - by David Brinnen.

Edit. And a practical application of the above method. + an octane version

Peg1_octane1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 318K
    P49_eg1.jpg
    654 x 850 - 280K
    UVmapper1.jpg
    490 x 448 - 124K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Rareth said:

I thought they were boxes with some wheels so that the box can be pushed in any direction. Thanks for the clarification. The not-boxes but rocket launchers look very nicely crafted.

basically a test of the latest version of Wings 3d from Manifold labs

http://s331378245.onlinehome.us/

under downloads / Daily Development

trying out version wings3d_1_5.0.2013-09-20

more menu options (Booleans being the one I wanted, my old version didn't have it)

edited December 1969

yes, i realize that this thread is about Bryce, but I just want to show you something. I'm trying to make a green sky like this in Bryce for practice. I do like Bryce's interface because it is not as complex as Vue's interface.

Ok, i'm going to play with sky lab again. Bye

Green_sky.jpg
    640 x 480 - 42K
    edited December 1969

found another neat tutorial of David's

something new to play with..

abstract-line-art.jpg
    800 x 400 - 407K
    edited September 2013

yes, i realize that this thread is about Bryce, but I just want to show you something. I'm trying to make a green sky like this in Bryce for practice. I do like Bryce's interface because it is not as complex as Vue's interface.

change the haze, fog and cumulus cloud color to the green you want, in the sky lab under cloud cover turn off stratus, and turn on cumulus clouds.. make the could cover around 80% crank up the freq and amplitude, adjust the height to taste.

IF you change the sky dome color it adds that color to objects in the scene so I would leave it black unless you want the tint.

greensky.jpg
    800 x 800 - 196K
    Post edited by Rareth on
    edited December 1969

I thought this sounded like a fun project Bryce Basics - Green sky and light - by David Brinnen

Rareth, nice work, you've not exhausted all my tutorials yet then?

Green_sky_and_light1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 218K
    edited December 1969

I thought this sounded like a fun project Bryce Basics - Green sky and light - by David Brinnen

Rareth, nice work, you've not exhausted all my tutorials yet then?

Nope still have quite a few to go,

electromagnetic.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
  • DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Rareth, I like your abstracts. I have some that I've worked on in the past. I don't think that I posted any of them. So here are some of my favorite one.

Spheres.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 101K
    Sphere_With_BumpMap.jpg
    700 x 700 - 104K
    OneTorus_45Bank.jpg
    700 x 700 - 101K
    MatrixA_(2).jpg
    1434 x 995 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Dangerlad said:
    @Rareth, I like your abstracts. I have some that I've worked on in the past. I don't think that I posted any of them. So here are some of my favorite one.

Whoa nice images Dangerlad.. I really like them.

take a gander at this one..

abstract-color.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    edited December 1969

@David: Two more really nice videos. I've wondered about UV Mapping but have never given it a go. I only wonder how does one know when UV Mapping is necessary? I take it the answer is when seamless texture is wanted on an object. And those cubes really look nice.

@Dangerlad: Great looking abstracts.

@Rareth: Nice results from David's tutorials. That last was really is a keeper.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

David-Thanks for your tutorial UV Mapping, This tutorial was one of the easiest I did. I noticed that you posted another one too. Love the objects and renders.

Chohole – beautiful, awesome scene.

Guss – thanks I had those on my file from long ago but I think I got them from this site - the link to which Chohole posted here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29031/

Dangerlad – the iphone is looking good and the abstracts awesome.

Starionwolf – nice experiment, I also have problems with the colors when using one of the preset skies. David thanks for the tutorial

Rareth- nice 3d objects and renders and the abstracts are cool

A premium render 256 Rpp, using a Wings 3D object and Horo’s Woolball hdri

wings3d-woolballhdri3.jpg
    720 x 540 - 42K
    helix-uvmappered.jpg
    500 x 667 - 24K
    edited December 1969

@Rareth - nice abstracts. Panoramic ones always look good.

@Dangerlad - nice abstracts, too.

@mermaid010 - helix came out right, good work. The cube object is very nice. The backdrop looks nice here, too.

edited December 1969

Really nice stuff everyone!! Ok Guss you gave me the idea for a town scene.......its at my other render thread.....Trish

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

The picture below is my first result after I have bought the package "Vegetation". I had not too much time for Bryce lately, so I just had the time to watch Horo's video about the tree lab and try out a few materials. But I think for Bryce trees are these both not too bad. I switched off the transparency of the fooliage, otherwise the render time were exploded.

grosse_baeume_fl.jpg
    1317 x 624 - 432K
    edited December 1969

Oh, these are very nice trees. The sort of which usually stand alone in a field.

edited December 1969

Elvis; your trees are beautiful, the grass is nice also....Trish

This discussion has been closed.