Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Dave; great render!! I will have to dig around in my hard drive to see ...now looking at yours more closely mine might be different...I do know it came with a bridge and steps...Trish

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Those are great looking scenes, especially the one with the dragon. Love the sky in the first.

@Trish: Your towers on the hillside really need a bit of remodeling before they're habitable. Nice scene. But, oh, the mouse and cat in that crazy looking car is the cat's meow. A huge keeper. And which missing parts? All the ones you don't normally what to lose. :lol: Because I haven't saved many DAZ figures as object files, I haven't learned how to determine the size % to use when I'm going to import them into Bryce. So I end up enlarging or shrinking them to the size I want. And when they're in Bryce I'll forget they're made up of several parts and end up moving only a part instead of the entire figure. Needless to say that throws the whole figure out of whack.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,530
    edited December 1969

@Trish - nicely painted toon car. You could have put in 2D faces as windwos if you wanted. But its just as fine as it is.

@Dave - that dragon seems to have a grudge against someone in the castle. Very nice scene.

• JStryderJStryder Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Playing with the stylistic rendering ideas from Davis and Horo - don't have it all figured out, not even close. But I still like some of the results I'm getting. Bryce is such a fun program to play with!
    WIP.

Leaping_Dragon_3.jpg
    699 x 807 - 921K
    edited December 1969

@JStryder - oh, that dragon is cute. It appears as if the girl is tickling it. Excellent example of a stylised render. You did very well - and thank you for getting this product.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

Dave: Lovely render especially after adding the dragon

Trish: love the toon car

JStryder: very nice effect

edited October 2013

Jstryder; really nice effects

I think I forgot dangerlad....sorry ...I love the post cards very nicely done!!

Dave; It only came as one tower....it was free a few years ago

Thank you everyone else...Its hard to keep up with everyone....LOL

Post edited by Trish on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

Was playing with my burial cairn again, and got a very strange effect when I added a slightly smaller terrain inside the Mound and textured it, with a default map I might add. Colour added with a gel on the light, then render postworked to accentuate the atmosphere. Looks best at full size

The Time between TImes........Summoning at Bryn Celli Ddu

The_summoning_at_Bryn_celli_Ddu.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Excellent! To the right, we have the reality part and at the left the magic part. And yes, the small image doesn't really work, it needs to be viewed full size.

edited October 2013

chohole; Beautiful!! this would work great for the sunrise topic in art studio....I know its not supposed to be sunrise but it could be...Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@JStryder: That is really a neat affect.

@Pam: Oh, my, that is so cool.

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

The towers look super on the hillside Trish. And I love that toon car with Mr. Mousie driving. No windshield needed.

Great scene Savage. That dragon's a bit scary. Looks like he's ready to breathe fire.

That's a really cool effect Jstryder.

Awesome Chohole. Love the purple coloring.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

There is a ton of fantastic work going on in this thread as always. I dont always comment but I do stop in here from time to time to keep current. Chohole, nice stuff in image after image!!!

Keep it up everyone!

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

I am still playing around with skin textures. I used the genesis modell of DAZ 3D. Both pictures have set no values for the skin. I used it as it was, except the second picture has set the specularity to 12 % for the skin of the head and neck. IMHO the second picture is better. Oh, I forgot, the skin for her lips have set specularity, too.

BTW I know, the girl's hair could take a bit more antialiasing. I used the standard values. But even with them the antialiasing needed more than 12 hours.

hauttest_nospec.jpg
    640 x 480 - 45K
    hauttest_spec12.jpg
    640 x 480 - 45K
    edited December 1969

@electro: I think the skin in both images is great. I get the impression she is in a more shaded area in the first image, and more in the sunlight in the second. Nice work.

edited December 1969

@electro-elvis - yup, second looks much better. Here's an AA-tip. Sometimes it's more efficient to use the premium renderer and set rpp low. You may get away with a rpp of 9 or 16 already (plop render critical parts to get the setting) and then you're way faster then if you use regular with that darn AA-pass that can take forever. At least you get an estimation that is somewhat reliable. With regular you get that 58 minutes and the AA-ing takes another 10 hours. Been there ...

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

With winter approaching, it must be time for more from Peter the Polar Bear. :)

PeterAndDucky.jpg
    450 x 650 - 237K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

awesome images everyone, I haven't been on much or done much rendering since starting my new job, hopefully things will settle down a bit once the routine gets going.

edited October 2013

Elvis; Your girl looks great!!

Dave; Peter the polar bear is sooooo cute!!!

Rareth; wondered where you had been...good luck with your new job

Horo; Its about time for you to post another amazing render..........

Guss made a comment that peeked my curiosity......In this image I used a radial inside the emerald gemstone to get the witch to glow green....and I had to tone it down quite a bit.....If I also wanted the outside to glow ...How would I do that??? Could I put a radial on the outside also?? I want her to stay the same.....greenness(LOL)

ww3.jpg
    417 x 857 - 166K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Elvis; Your girl looks great!!

Dave; Peter the polar bear is sooooo cute!!!

Rareth; wondered where you had been...good luck with your new job

Horo; Its about time for you to post another amazing render..........

Guss made a comment that peeked my curiosity......In this image I used a radial inside the emerald gemstone to get the witch to glow green....and I had to tone it down quite a bit.....If I also wanted the outside to glow ...How would I do that??? Could I put a radial on the outside also?? I want her to stay the same.....greenness(LOL)

you can try a bit of ambience on the gemstone

edited December 1969

@Dave - Peter is really cute, nice environment, too.

@Trish - terrible lady, very well done. And yes, since you order me ...

A new product by David and myself is coming up in the not too distant future. We've been terribly busy with it and here's a sneak peek from testing and additionally an anaglyph for those who like it.

5objana.jpg
    800 x 600 - 138K
    5obj.jpg
    800 x 600 - 113K
    edited December 1969

Horo: Very cool new product ...When will it be ready????

edited December 1969

@Dave: The polar bear image is, again, fantastic. A polar bear with a rubber ducky. Precious.

@Horo: The first image looks photo realistic, to me. The lighting and material combine to make a stunning image.

@Trish: David made 2 or 3, maybe more, videos that show how to create a glowing object. Here are a couple links to two of the videos:very high power ambient recipe, glowing light emitter object material. There's another video I couldn't find which uses the DTE to increase settings in the Mat Lab; I can't remember which settings it applies to. If I had more time I probably could find the video I'm thinking of.

edited October 2013

Chohole: awesome render, love the purple contrast.

Electro-Elvis: both the renders are lovely

Dave: Your polar bears are always adorable. I can’t believe that time of the year is fast approaching.

Horo: The lighting and material work so well together, both renders are great

Trish: Nice render.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited October 2013

As Horo's already mentioned we've been kinda busy and also real world work has been keeping my occupied. But it all helps pays the bills! So anyway, I'm playing catch-up. I thought I'd have more time, but an unexpected job is calling me away again before I've had time to search back through the forum. So I'll just throw up a couple of video links for you to look at.

First relates to an annoying bug that absorbed a few too many hours to find a way to fix. It's a bit advanced but for anyone who has run into this problem in Bryce and can't fix it - essential viewing. The Second is for UVmapper Classic. Just a quick rundown on how you can get yourself a quick UV map for a model you've got. Not such a problem for Bryce admittedly since it has a selection of mapping modes that work with non UV mapped objects, but definitely an issue for other software that is not as clever as Bryce in this respect. Eg Octane.

Funky Shapes and Metals - making the test shape - by David Brinnen
    Funky Shapes and Metals - UVmapping the test shape - by David Brinnen

This one I made in answer to another forum thread, but it could prove useful to anyone who falls into the beginner to intermediate skill level. It's pretty general and covers things that everyone should be aware of.

Bryce Basics - Desert Landscape lighting and materials explored - by David Brinnen

Edit. Some promo shots for the up and coming product Horo mentioned.

Main.jpg
    700 x 910 - 352K
    Popup_6.jpg
    654 x 850 - 195K
    Popup_4.jpg
    654 x 850 - 206K
    Popup_3.jpg
    654 x 850 - 370K
    Popup_2.jpg
    654 x 850 - 240K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Wow David, these are lovely. Thanks for the tutorials.

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Elvis - The ladies are very nice, but I think I like the second one best.

Savage - I love the polar bear with the little yellow duck.

Bullit - Love the witch! That green glow is super.

Horo and David - Those funky shapes are cool. Some day I'll learn to make things like that...

I may be scarce for a few days. We're getting ready for a yard sale this weekend. But I'll be back on Monday.

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

David and Horo, that Material and object set that you are both working on looks very interesting. I look forward to when it is on sale.

I have been working on a landscape that is similar to what I see in the mornings on my way into my office. I have attached that render. It is supposed to be a foggy predawn morning, with a pond/lake in the foreground and mountains in the background. While the area I drive through on the way to my office does not have mountains in the distance it does have vast wooded areas that are broken up by farm land. I did the mountains because I couldn't think of a way to do the woods in a memory efficient manner.

sunrise2.jpg
    1000 x 694 - 499K
    edited December 1969

@Dangerlad - very nice scene, particularly the sky with the clouds came out great. I'm not happy with the water, I thought it was rock. Maybe there is some morning fog on it. Water is transparent, you can use a Transparency setting between 99 and 100% except when the water carries a lot of sediments. Water has a refraction index on 1.33 and in Bryce, that would be 133. Usually, with this refraction and transparency setting, you don't even need reflection. Refraction takes care of it - all depending on the camera angle.

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Horo -
    I have re-rendered the scene Modifying the transparency of the water as suggested. The initial settings for the water was:
    Transparency - 35.5; Reflection - 35.5; and Refraction - 133. (the water is one of David's Pro materials [Lake Water])

The new settings are: Transparency - 100; Reflection - 0; and Refraction - 133. In the attached picture the water is surrounded by the yellow highlight.

I am also attaching the settings from the Atmosphere controls.

AtmosphereSettings.jpg
    636 x 543 - 101K
    sunrise2-Trans100.jpg
    1000 x 694 - 656K
This discussion has been closed.