[Solved] Renaming material zones within Daz

ArkadySkiesArkadySkies Posts: 206

Is it possible to rename material zones within Daz?

I imported an .obj and would like to fix the nonintuitive material names left by the model's creator, and while I've figured out how to do that within hexagon, sending to Hexagon and back to Daz is altering the UVs and making the original textures unusable.* I'm really hoping it can be done within Daz.

* While I have asked about the cause and/or solution for this problem in the Hexagon subforum, I may need an alternate fix within Daz if I don't find a solution there.

Post edited by ArkadySkies on

Comments

• You can do this with the Geoemtry Editor - select that from the tools menu, then open Window>Panes(Tabs)>Tool Settings and you will see a list of groups, including the Surfaces - you can edit them by double-clicking on the name.

• ArkadySkiesArkadySkies Posts: 206
    edited July 2018

Thank you for helping. It worked perfectly..

Post edited by ArkadySkies on
  • clivewil2clivewil2 Posts: 128
    edited April 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

You can do this with the Geoemtry Editor - select that from the tools menu, then open Window>Panes(Tabs)>Tool Settings and you will see a list of groups, including the Surfaces - you can edit them by double-clicking on the name.

oh wow, thanks for this, i'm glad i got fed up enough doing it the hard way to search for an easier method.

the number of times i've gone back into 3ds max, renamed material, checked assignment, checked material ID, re-exported mesh, imported into DS, paste materials... literally hundreds of times.

double click and type the new name, ha! excellent. thanks Richard!

Post edited by clivewil2 on