Welcome to Hatsune Miku Anime Manga Cafe ☕

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,579

Thanks!  Though I will admit I deviated from "screen accuracy" by using the "kicker" boots from the "Tail Gunner" set and the gloves from a set by "BugzLife" (another item no longer available).  I just thought the "kicker" boots looked really imposing, something that could supposedly crush titanium reenforced cyber-skulls.

Being an A3 user, you're probably familiar with the name "Shukky", a content maker in Japan who released numerous stuff for Aiko.  For a short time he offered a really "screen accurate" version of the "S.A.C." outfit which had the proper shape to the "garter belts".  I used only the garter bands here because where they met with the stocking geometry resulted in some strange polygon artifacts.  But since the "garters" were part of the right and left "buttocks" body groups, I could easily hide the thigh, shin, foot and toe groups.  The "garters" also happened to align with the "thigh" material zone, so I could just color Aiko's own legs the color of the "garters".

Sincerely,

Bill

• Hatsune MikuHatsune Miku Posts: 849
    edited February 2023

I see what you mean, by applying the right color material on the garters good tip, yes I do use Shukky stuff and ”cyber link suit deleter“ from bugs life.  I contacted shukky to see if he can re release kos-mos outfit and lodoss war outfit as I had people IM me about the kosmos outfit made by shukky.

Kos-mos outfit by shukky I had contacted him to re release this one.  Also I will email him about re releasing sac outfit.  Best way to contact him is at sharecg.

Post edited by Hatsune Miku on
  • Your Stand Alone Complex Motoko Kusanagi looks pretty accurate on my book.

edited December 2018

My spin upon Alita (aka Gally in Japan), inspired by the numerous panel depicting the "Battle Angel" in a state of maintenance or disassembly.

To achieve the metallic plates under her eyes I used a texture from the vintage Bishonen for M3 set.  It had a plate that was just about perfect, but only under one eye.  I copied that section of the texture; "mirrored" it and then aligned it under the other eye.  The hardware elements are from various Coflek-Gnorg set and  the Berzerker plating was created by Lokai2000 at Deviant Art who was kind enough to share the layered .PSD file.  The "mop" atop her head is the "Paris Hair" by Lisbeth.

Sincerely,

Bill

Aiko-Alita-J-3.jpg
    1000 x 994 - 264K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2023

Gatchaman

• Fan art for Ryan Kerns and andres character Mugena

character Aiko 3 with kioki morph

hair is a custom

outfit various for Aiko 3

rendered in Carrara 

That was one singular advantage the original Aiko (the one based upon the first Stephanie Peitite (which, in turn was based upon Michael 1/2)) over Aiko 3.  Because the teeth of those figures was really a singular, horseshoe shaped band of geometry sculpted with "peaks and valleys" to suggest individul teeth, those surface details could be smoothed via a morph dial to depict a smooth, featureless strip of white as is often done in comic art (be it manga or "western").  Because the Mil 3 (and all subsequent releases) had individually modeled teeth, this feature was mever recreated.  Oh, in theory, it could have been done; it just would have taken far, far more effort.  Each tooth would have need to be reshaped into a retangular solid with the polygons of one tooth practically "clipping" with those of the next.  There jusat was not enough demand to entice any vendor (though I tried to rally the troops).

Now, Cliff Bowman once sold a set of "parenting" props that covered the individual teeth of V4.  But that worked because the upper and lower gums and teeth in V4 were separate body parts.  the "toon" teeth props would follow the positioning of the inner moouth parts.  That technique would not have worked upon the Mil' 3 (meaning, primarily, Aiko 3) because the inner mouth geometry is all part of the "head" body part.  Oh, one could load and position them, but however wide the mouth was opened, the props would have to be manually repositioned.  Annoying enough for stills, nigh impossible if animating.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited January 2019
    Redfern said:

That was one singular advantage the original Aiko (the one based upon the first Stephanie Peitite (which, in turn was based upon Michael 1/2)) over Aiko 3.  Because the teeth of those figures was really a singular, horseshoe shaped band of geometry sculpted with "peaks and valleys" to suggest individul teeth, those surface details could be smoothed via a morph dial to depict a smooth, featureless strip of white as is often done in comic art (be it manga or "western").  Because the Mil 3 (and all subsequent releases) had individually modeled teeth, this feature was mever recreated.  Oh, in theory, it could have been done; it just would have taken far, far more effort.  Each tooth would have need to be reshaped into a retangular solid with the polygons of one tooth practically "clipping" with those of the next.  There jusat was not enough demand to entice any vendor (though I tried to rally the troops).

Now, Cliff Bowman once sold a set of "parenting" props that covered the individual teeth of V4.  But that worked because the upper and lower gums and teeth in V4 were separate body parts.  the "toon" teeth props would follow the positioning of the inner moouth parts.  That technique would not have worked upon the Mil' 3 (meaning, primarily, Aiko 3) because the inner mouth geometry is all part of the "head" body part.  Oh, one could load and position them, but however wide the mouth was opened, the props would have to be manually repositioned.  Annoying enough for stills, nigh impossible if animating.

Sincerely,

Bill

Well we really do not need to worry about the teeth on Kioki, that's the model I have been using lately.  Kioki has a width and heigh morph of teeths when I give a smile on my characters.  I fix the teeth using that feature in Kioki, but in plain Aiko I don't think I can do that.  I believe I have purchased that original Aiko in the past but I don't have much clothings for her, the only outfits that comes with her is called Phoebe I think.  Now singing animating can be a pain in Aiko 3.  I did one animation with plain Aiko 3 See the below video.

edited January 2019

Does she look like STAR!.  I recreated a version of Star! with Aiko kioki morph because Star! isn't supported on Carrara, well perhaps it is but with some work on.  Let me know what you think. 

Far closer than I could attempt!

Sincerely,

Bill

edited January 2019

So Sasuke aka shukky hast gotten back at me about the classical outfits.  I think the next thing I will learn is to make my own outfits from scratch, if anyone can point me what software to use to make outfits I would appreciate.

Hmm, that reads almost as though there's a "middle" sentence missing.  I'm guessing sasuke said he (or she) could don't upload the items based upon entertainment properties?

Sincerely,

Bill

edited January 2019

They were limited items, maybe he was scare over copyright companies like capcom or square soft.  But I don’t want to guess I rather learn how to make those outfits.

•  

Princess Aurora from Starzinger (spaceketeers)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Hey folks, are there any male anime characters for DAZ that look brawny/masculine instead of boyish? I'm thinking Ken and Ryu from the Street Fighter franchise, for example.

edited January 2019
    Hylas said:

Hey folks, are there any male anime characters for DAZ that look brawny/masculine instead of boyish? I'm thinking Ken and Ryu from the Street Fighter franchise, for example.

I would recommened Bishounen M3 but that just me.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

I'm afraid I don't work with M3, but thanks for the recommend!

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

SciFi Anime Girl by tkdrobert

Ghost in the Shell: The Major by tkdrobert

Flying Side Kick by tkdrobert

• Thanks for sharing your anime arts everyone, let's show the Daz community that there are anime fans out there ◉‿◉ (ᗒᗨᗕ), everyone is wlecome to contribute your anime arts on this thread !!!

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256
    edited January 2019
    3dcgx said:

I see what you mean, by applying the right color material on the garters good tip, yes I do use Shukky stuff and ”cyber link suit deleter“ from bugs life.  I contacted shukky to see if he can re release kos-mos outfit and lodoss war outfit as I had people IM me about the kosmos outfit made by shukky.

Kos-mos outfit by shukky I had contacted him to re release this one.  Also I will email him about re releasing sac outfit.  Best way to contact him is at sharecg.

I want to order a fullsize ,real life KOSMOS to be my bodyguard,to walk with me in a City where they shoot people everyday

I have tried to do KOSMOS with Keiko but have not the right outfit,only similarities to KOSMOS outfit and have to mix in other figures bodies to make the thin Keiko beefier but love miko hair despite its old hair it has many colors and many dials for wind/movement affect hair,thanks to you I have opened up my old game and watched the DVD movie that came with the game again,to get inspiration,also made me remember some cutscenes in game that was also cool

Post edited by mach25 on
  • I haven’t tried other figures due to the fact that they have a lack of outfits is why I stick with Aiko 4 and 3 and also the fact that newer figures are not recognized on Carrara

• parasite eve’s Aya Brea

character Sera futepen

carrara rendered

• the matrix is all around us....

Aiko 3, Carrara rendered

•  

D The Vampire Hunter

edited January 2019

In the next couple of days I'm gonna start rendering some original stuff, I will stop for a while rendering fanartworks.  

*Ningun artista se convierte en una legenda solitariamente.  Los observadores son los que crean la legenda de el artista  - William Rivera

I hope nobody has complained about your fan art.

Still, original concepts are always fun.  Plus, No one should have a preconceived notion about the character's appearance, attitude, motivations, etc.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Redfern said:

I hope nobody has complained about your fan art.

Still, original concepts are always fun.  Plus, No one should have a preconceived notion about the character's appearance, attitude, motivations, etc.

Sincerely,

Bill

I'm making this move because I have so many outfits that don't resemble any anime/manga artist, for example I have this nice outfit of a Warrior that I got it very long ago and I haven't done a render yet with her.  Also BatLabs has many outfits too.