Biguana?

In the sale today there is this product called Biguana Tex https://www.daz3d.com/biguana-tex

it doesn't mention required product but from the context I have the impression these are only textures, so where's the Biguana? Store search was futile

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

Biguana gone. Part of last fall's culling, I believe. 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Hmm that's pretty bad:(     

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2019

nooo Luv biguana heart  sorry for the folks who dont have it 

Post edited by Mistara on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

aaww pity

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731

Bah...guess I got another one I have to cull from my shop now too

edited January 2019
    RawArt said:

Thats a sad thing, so the Biguana was not yours to begin with? Maybe it went to the other shop?

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301

I think the Biguana was by Digital I as far as I know its not at rendo or the Hive.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

According to Wayback machine, it was an old (SKU 5455) model by Digital I Designs, who no longer appears to be in the store.

Thanks for the info @scorpio and @MelanieL

Saves me the trouble searching for it

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    RawArt said:

See I don't get this. What if a user that has the original figure decides they need it for a project and goes looking for better textures.  It's not like it's taking up shelf space or anything.

Hate to think what would happen if DAZ ever decides to pull Victora 3 and Michael 3 from the store

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    RawArt said:

See I don't get this. What if a user that has the original figure decides they need it for a project and goes looking for better textures.  It's not like it's taking up shelf space or anything.

Hate to think what would happen if DAZ ever decides to pull Victora 3 and Michael 3 from the store

I think they tried or was it just V1/2 and M1/2?

RawArt said:

Because it has been in the store over a decade....if someone who bought the original did not buy the textures, then they likely are not going to buy it now.

So just keeping the textures in the store would do more to confuse new shoppers than bring actual sales. So it is better customer service to get rid of stuff that cannot be used.

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 409

So, I have to ask, how would one go about obtaining a Biguana now?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

...or bring it back.

sorry...gone is gone

I don't even have a copy anymore

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995

Miss Bad Wolf said:

I think they tried or was it just V1/2 and M1/2?

There was a Victoria Half and Michael Half?... 

RawArt said:

sorry...gone is gone

i have it, if i'm allowed to give it to you.  

tho  i guress an iray version is probably more leevant to today. 

biguan tex.JPG
    830 x 552 - 73K

Mystiarra said:

RawArt said:

sorry...gone is gone

tho  i guress an iray version is probably more leevant to today. 

The original figure was made by Digital I  and he no longer sells products, so there really is no use for more textures since  there is no original character anymore (which is a shame, because I really liked that set.)

needs some skin roughness.  

a job for biguanna?

dino's understudy

• I have Biguana Tex. I didn't know there were more textures for him. Or I did and had put off getting them as I slowly work my way through RawArt's store thinking I still had time. I've almost picked up everything but not quite. I guess it's too late to pick them up now. More texture options would have been nice. He's a cute little creature!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited January 2021

Mystiarra said:

RawArt said:

sorry...gone is gone

..I don't either.

...unfortunately EULA prevents that. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

I think Misty could give it to RAWart though as was his Texture wink

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 409

For any creature maker PAs reading this, if somebody made a modernized variant of essentially the Biguana Riding Lizard, I would buy it in a heartbeat. 

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Couldn't it be made of the Dragon 3 platform?

Yeah...it was a great critter...likely could have been turned into the lizard Kenobi rides in the SW prequels with just a little work

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995

By the way, am I the only one who has been reading this as "Bi-Guana" all these years and just now realized it is "Big-Uana"?...

I dunno... probably too late to be relevant, but I just read that while drinking coffee and had an epiphany... just a minor one, nothing too earth shattering and I wondered if anyone else was wondering what the "Bi" part was referring to... like it didn't have two heads or two tails... I figured it was an inside reference to some book, comic or movie I didn't read or see.

Coffee... is an amazing thing eh?

McGyver said:

By the way, am I the only one who has been reading this as "Bi-Guana" all these years and just now realized it is "Big-Uana"?...

I dunno... probably too late to be relevant, but I just read that while drinking coffee and had an epiphany... just a minor one, nothing too earth shattering and I wondered if anyone else was wondering what the "Bi" part was referring to... like it didn't have two heads or two tails... I figured it was an inside reference to some book, comic or movie I didn't read or see.

Coffee... is an amazing thing eh?

i've always called him biggie.   the 3du salamanda, is Sally.  gangstas  living on the fringe