Hylas' corner

Comments

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Hylas said:

Gallery link

Ooh, is that a recent freebie I see in the background! It looks great, and I need it now. I love, love the lighting in this picture, and the detail of the grass. heart

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,748
    edited January 2022

WinterMoon said:

Ooh, is that a recent freebie I see in the background! It looks great, and I need it now. I love, love the lighting in this picture, and the detail of the grass. heart

Thanks!

The grass is one of those "I can't believe they have the audacity to ask $20 for this"-type products.

Then I picked it up when it was heavily discounted and... I have to admit, it looks pretty great.

Post edited by Hylas on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Some pretty amazing images so far @Hylas!!

edited February 2022

Gallery link

New version can do more stuff!

Post edited by Hylas on

Gallery link

I've been low-key obsessing over nocturnal renders, forest renders, and nocturnal forest renders. I guess that's how I'm punishing myself these days :/

His bow is getting a bit lost in the darkness... if I had more control over the volumetrics I'd put some mist behind him to set of his silhouette. But this is good enough for now, I'm actually quite happy with how it came out.

Gallery link

I´ve been spending way too much time watching Elden Ring Let's-Play's, so vaguely forelorn knights it is!

Ragnar from the sales section today. Does he really add something new to my library? Absolutely not. He's so pretty, though... perhaps the most handsome of GypsyAngel's boys, and that's saying something.

I'm getting a little kick out of making the crusty old Millennium Environment work in IRAY. There's some truly gorgeous hand-painted textures for it out there.

edited March 2022

Gallery link

I was looking at Belkah yesterday. She looks badass, and $5 would have certainly been a fair price.

But I really don't need more characters... and if I grab everything that looks good at $5 a pop it will add up in no time, and I'll be so mad at myself by the end of the month.

So to distract myself and keep myself from spending, I attempted to dial my own Norse warrior-witch, mainly using Aiko 8, Lilith 7, and Vivy's skin.

I think I did ok... I feel she doesn't quite have the charm of the inspiration but it's fine.

Maybe there will be a catch up at the end of the month and maybe I'll get Belkah after all, we'll see.

And I finally got some good use out of Keres' ridiculous boob cage!

Post edited by Hylas on

Hylas said: I've been low-key obsessing over nocturnal renders, forest renders, and nocturnal forest renders. I guess that's how I'm punishing myself these days :/

But your punishment is our delight! Ookay, I didn't mean that as sadistically as it may have sounded! But I love forest night renders, so keep them coming. Also, I adore those little glowing lights. Not sure they're anything you'd want to come across in a forest, since they've got a history of leading people into bogs and other sticky situations, but they're pretty when you just observe them.

I'm getting a little kick out of making the crusty old Millennium Environment work in IRAY. There's some truly gorgeous hand-painted textures for it out there.

I know, right! 

WinterMoon said:

But I love forest night renders, so keep them coming.

Thank you! laugh

Gallery link

Something about Kwan and Holt makes me think they are meant for each other :)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,035

Nice lighting and judicious use of bloom. Could use a better backdrop, though.

edited March 2022

Hylas said: Something about Kwan and Holt makes me think they are meant for each other :)

I've just discovered that I like Holt a lot. It was tempting to get him yesterday, (That was yesterday everything was back in the Grab Bag, wasn't it?) but I started looking at so many things and in the end I didn't get any of them.

Mister raggedy jeans is hot. Just stating a fact.

Post edited by WinterMoon on

Gordig said:

Nice lighting and judicious use of bloom. Could use a better backdrop, though.

WinterMoon said:

Mister raggedy jeans is hot. Just stating a fact.

Gording is right about the backdrop, of course... that's where I ran out of patience after struggling for a while with this render that was supposed to be quick and simple.

What age do you guys guess he is? I was aiming for 22-ish but I wonder if he came out too young.

Note: if you ever need to honeypot WinterMoon, send an agent based on Jonas. She seems susceptible to that.

WinterMoon said:

I've just discovered that I like Holt a lot. It was tempting to get him yesterday, (That was yesterday everything was back in the Grab Bag, wasn't it?) but I started looking at so many things and in the end I didn't get any of them.

I think Holt needs a full beard to bring out the hawt!

Hylas said: What age do you guys guess he is?

23-ish, so I apparently agree.

Hylas said: Note: if you ever need to honeypot WinterMoon, send an agent based on Jonas. She seems susceptible to that.

Oh man, Jonas is perfection! Which reminds me that I actually have him, and have never used him for anything other than as a texture donor! I need to do a render just of Jonas being his good-looking self. Problem is that I have little experience with making anything sexy! I mean, you've seen my crew!

WinterMoon said:

Problem is that I have little experience with making anything sexy! I mean, you've seen my crew!

Belinda is offended.

Hylas said: Belinda is offended.

Everything that has eyes - and ears - is offended by Belinda. Now she can wear the boot and feel how it fits.

Gallery link

I've been doing tasteful nudes lately... (yes, they're very tasteful, shut up!)

Too bad I can't share them 'round here.

Here's a SFW version of one.

I love his freckles!

Gallery link

It's been a minute!

I decided to take half a step back from the forum, which was a good thing, I was spending way too much time here doing nothing in particular. As for rendering... same old story, too much work and not enough time, yada yada, that's unlikely to change anytime soon. I never stopped rendering but most of it recently was NSFW, so...

Anyway, hello again!