Contest and challenge: Spinning "Sci-Fi Aiko"

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

I count 37 entries so far, and there's still most of this week to post more...

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

yayy, another week. i'm trying to render the most sexiest Aiko i can possibly imagine. like a Kaley wrench wench or something.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937
    edited December 1969

..."shiny".

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,969
    edited December 1969

Any Honor Harrington fans out there? Basically a straight DS 4.6 render with a slight adjustment in Photoshop CS6 to lower the saturation. Character is a custom Genesis 1 spin based on the wonderful Aiko 5 and Smay's gorgeous Stalker Girl, set is a kit bash of various pieces with the new Hoverplatform in the foreground.

Where's Nimitz? ;)
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,925
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Any Honor Harrington fans out there? Basically a straight DS 4.6 render with a slight adjustment in Photoshop CS6 to lower the saturation. Character is a custom Genesis 1 spin based on the wonderful Aiko 5 and Smay's gorgeous Stalker Girl, set is a kit bash of various pieces with the new Hoverplatform in the foreground.

Where's Nimitz? ;)
    Waiting for DAZ to bring out a six legged animal add-on pack for the Big Cat 2. :) Needless to say, an accurate to the books character set for Honor would have to have darker hair and epicanthic eyefolds, and the corsair uniform would be more appropriate for the Andermani Empire in any case, so let's just say that this is a generic cadet from some generic Weber-esque space opera.
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Aha there you are

Genesis A3 Shape
    Daz Studio / Luxus

Scifi_N.jpg
    1111 x 844 - 310K
    edited December 1969

yayy, another week. i'm trying to render the most sexiest Aiko i can possibly imagine. like a Kaley wrench wench or something.

Well, part of a week... Entries close on Friday.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

I'M READY TO FIGHT THE WAR!
    Rendered in Daz 4.6

Aiko_Fights_the_War.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 565K
    edited January 2014

...shiny 2

Sylfie in a setting loosely based on one of my favourite old television programmes.

Aiko3 (Sylfie)
    Pleban for A3 retextured with Fabricator Mach Pack
    Angel of Light Boots retextured with Fabricator Mach Pack
    Classic Rayguns
    Bob Hair by Kozaburo (free)
    Retro computer gear by Mr. Sparky and P3D (free)
    Name Badge by Adam Thwaites (free)
    Saluco Hangar by Arjin (free)

Lit with 1 Advanced Ambient light and two Advanced Spotlights (1 with Caustic GOBO gel).

Created and rendered in Daz Studio 4.6.
    Signature added in Gimp

Welcome To S.H.A.D.O.

sylfie_2000.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 922K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...shiny 2

Sylfie in a setting loosely based on one of my favourite old television programmes.

Aiko3 (Sylfie)
    Classic Rayguns

Lit with 1 Advanced Ambient light and two Advanced Spotlights (1 with Caustic GOBO gel).

Welcome To S.H.A.D.O.

Nice! Love the reel to reel data recorders! (Of course, I'm a bit biased, given that the UFO theme is the ringer on my phone.)
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,530
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Welcome To S.H.A.D.O.

So much love for that show when I was a kid.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Friday! oh noes. runs around runs around, i still haz to try and dial Kaley's face.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...shiny 2

Aiko3 (Sylfie)
    Classic Rayguns

Welcome To S.H.A.D.O.

oooo, now there is shiny. beaucoup jolie :)

• GreycatGreycat Posts: 334
    edited December 1969

No,…I’m pretty sure it’s this way

Cyrus2.jpg
    364 x 600 - 50K
    mongo.jpg
    600 x 600 - 70K
  • ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Rendered in Daz 4.6

I love the dichotomy going on here between the experienced soldier and the kid. The frown on the soldier's face is priceless.

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Rendered in Daz 4.6

I love the dichotomy going on here between the experienced soldier and the kid. The frown on the soldier's face is priceless.
    ...same here, I can he him thinking "oh gawd I don't need this."

edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Friday! oh noes. runs around runs around, i still haz to try and dial Kaley's face.
    ...do you have any photo references? (you are speaking of the character from Firefly, right?)

edited January 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...shiny 2

Welcome To S.H.A.D.O.

..actually Sylfie has the same pouty look as one of the actresses in the show which was the inspiration. Once I put the hair on that was it.

I actually have a couple S.H.A.D.O. uniform freebies, but they're for Gen4 figures.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...shiny 2

Welcome To S.H.A.D.O.

..actually Sylfie has the same pouty look as one of the actresses in the show which was the inspiration. Once I put the hair on that was it.

I actually have a couple S.H.A.D.O. uniform freebies, but they're for Gen4 figures.
    Got those & CG models of most of the vehicles, Moonbase and a pile of look-alike morphs that I'll probably GenX someday. The thing is, I'm not sure any CG figure could ever quite measure up to the "real" Moonbase girls.

Dang, now t have to pull out the series DVDs again. Despite the anachronisms in the tech, it's still one of the best looking SF series ever.

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Dang, now t have to pull out the series DVDs again. Despite the anachronisms in the tech, it's still one of the best looking SF series ever.

*clears throat*

KILL STRAKER!

edited December 1969

*clears throat*

KILL STRAKER!
    Hmmm. Someone is obviously a Psychobomb. Expect a visit from your friendly neighborhood Mobile Unit. :)

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 508
    edited December 1969

A Mech's Work

is never done. Done in DS 4.6 and Render in Reality 2.5. Mainly Aiko 5 with a few others mixed in.

A_Mechs_work_by_Decoyboy.jpg
    600 x 595 - 59K
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,074
    edited December 1969

"I'm No Astro Mech"

Rendered in D|S, some light and smoke FX in Photoshop.

AstroMechPost.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 804K
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

After seeing the image by KK (great render!) I realized that I had hair for A3 in my V3 runtime (Koz's bob hair), so I had to do a render with the real A3 using Mila. I got the idea for this as bit of a spin on the contest title - Aiko going for a spin on a SiFi hover bike.

Image title:
    Are you ready yet? (Mila just got her new bike and can't wait to go for a ride)

I did two versions, one with a red bike and one with a blue (with slightly different lighting), I like the red one best, but my wife likes the blue bike, so I'll post both and let the viewer decide.

Setup in DS, rendered in Octane (80%+ of the shaders have been edited or replaced)
    A3 with Mila morphs and textures
    Mech Girl for A3
    Hover Bike from freebies at Rendo
    Technopolis (here)

Aiko_Hover_Bike3.jpg
    1543 x 1200 - 350K
    Aiko_Hover_Bike_blue.jpg
    1543 x 1200 - 317K
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    After seeing the image by KK (great render!) I realized that I had hair for A3 in my V3 runtime (Koz's bob hair), so I had to do a render with the real A3 using Mila. I got the idea for this as bit of a spin on the contest title - Aiko going for a spin on a SiFi hover bike.

Image title:
    Are you ready yet? (Mila just got her new bike and can't wait to go for a ride)

I did two versions, one with a red bike and one with a blue (with slightly different lighting), I like the red one best, but my wife likes the blue bike, so I'll post both and let the viewer decide.

Setup in DS, rendered in Octane (80%+ of the shaders have been edited or replaced)
    A3 with Mila morphs and textures
    Mech Girl for A3
    Hover Bike from freebies at Rendo
    Technopolis (here)

1 bike 2 bike, red bike blue bike

sorry, channeling Dr. Seuss

edited January 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    robkelk said:

...do you have any photo references? (you are speaking of the character from Firefly, right?)

a few :)

one more day. the pressure ... :lol:

kayle1.jpg
    103 x 103 - 5K
    kayle4.jpg
    204 x 171 - 7K
    kayle3.jpg
    142 x 178 - 6K
    kayle2.jpg
    248 x 187 - 9K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

I hope you like your new accommodations

MadLab.jpg
    846 x 600 - 102K
    edited December 1969

And we're into the home stretch now - one day and a handful of hours left to get your entries in, as I post this.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited January 2014

And..., another. And just under the wire, too!

Title: "The Sorceress and Her Supplicant"
    And the Sorceress is NOT pleased...!
    Items Used:
    Aiko 3
    Annette head morph and texture (a shareCG freebie, I think.... It's been a while since I last used it; as in, like, never!)
    Solis fantasy outfit for Aiko 3 by EvilInnocence (another freebie I found on ShareCG way back when...!)
    Aiko 3 Hooded Cloak
    Full Circle texture for the Hooded Cloak
    Donna Hair
    Michael 4
    Rock Star Hair
    Alex for M4 (head morph and skin texture)
    DMs Secret Chamber

Yep, believe it or not, that's really Aiko 3; our little Anime girl is all grown up! (And apparently, up to something seriously sinister!)

I decided to go the Fantasy route for this one (since Sci-Fi and Fantasy tend to get lumped into the same 'uber-genre', for some obscure Dewey-Decimal rationale that's never made a whole lot of sense to me). And in that vein, I thought I'd hearken back to the 'Spinning Vicky' contest with a bit of 'NNAIATWoAS' (Nearly-Naked Aiko In A Temple With(out) A Sword).

Composed and rendered in Poser Pro 2012. Background image from 'A Certain Night' added in postwork because, for some reason, Poser puts background images in the alpha channel, and the alpha channel doesn't export; GIMP, to be precise. (Yeah, I know I said I hate to do it because I suck at it, but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and "git 'er done!")

SpinAiko_02Alt.png
    912 x 640 - 736K
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

Blue Steel

Blue_Steel2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 56K