[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• Cora Regina said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

Cora Regina said:

It's me again. The window fix still works wonderfully, but a few months back a new issue cropped up and I'm just now finding time to deal with it. Plus, another one that I just started having today. I'm using whatever version of CW DIM has most recently delivered.

Problem 1: The utility no longer installs content properly, or indeed at all.

I do all the necessary prep and click "Install Smart Content," which it ostensibly does. It gives me a pop-up saying that the installation was successful, except nothing gets installed. Content Wizard will generate and install the support files into the proper directory (assuming that it already exists, see Problem 2), so that the product shows up in the highest smart content level applicable (Wardrobe, Accessories, etc.), but it installs none of the other files. When I click on the product in smart content or the product library, it's empty. In the installation location, all of the support files end up in place but everything else gets ignored. A product can have hundreds of components and the script will always say that it's installed one item, with zero children.

I've tried multiple directories and multiple vendors. They're all standard file structures for Studio, identical to ones that I successfully installed previously. When I analyze the zip files, everything shows up fine. I've also successfully installed things to the directories I'm trying to use with Content Wizard before and haven't changed any permissions. The only workaround I've found is to manually install a product, i.e. all of the files that Content Wizard won't install for whatever reason (literally everything but the support files), and then install the product as smart content with Content Wizard.  It does this in both 4.10 and the most current 4.14 beta, and did it in the 4.12 beta as well.

Problem 2: The utility now comes back as having an error during installation and does not create any support files if Runtime/Support does not already exist within the library I'm installing to, and I cannot remember if it used to create Runtime/Support when it didn't exist.

I've attached a log file for the two installations related to the first problem, where nothing installs and then what happens when I run CW after manually installing everything and just using it to generate the smart content info. Plus a screenshot of what I get when I use CW to install smart content without manually installing the product first.

This maybe a silly question,  but did you click on the Install Content button in the bottom lefthand corner before installing the smart content .

That is a very good question.  Before we look for other issues, did you click Install Content first?

No, I didn't. There was nothing that ever implied that was necessary unless you wanted to skip the metadata.

When I first started using the product, I looked at the user manual and there were two separate sets of instructions. One for just installing products that required you to load the zips and just click Install Content, and a separate one that had you load the zips, analyze them to categorize things, and then click Install Smart Content. The implication being that it would install the content but also generate metadata for it as it did so. There was no mention made of it needing to be a two-step process. At least, that's what the manual I've got installed seems to indicate. Basic installation >> add zip files, install content. Smart installation >> add zip files, analyze, check to make sure things are where you want them (the included instructions for moving things have never worked for me), install smart content.

The first few times I used the utility, I breezed through a bunch of stuff just following the smart content part of the manual. I would load things from Rendo in, have CW analyze them, and click Install Smart Content. The files would be installed to the appropriate locations, the metadata would be created, and things would show up fully usable in Smart Content. Just a couple clicks, and only ever ran into bother when someone had used a non-standard structure. Then one day it just stopped doing that, first with a handful of vendors and finally with everything.

Are you saying it was always supposed to be a two-step process?

If so, that works just fine and it's definitely faster from within CW than outside of it, even with Studio's pondorously slow scene clearing. But now I have no idea why just going the Install Smart Content route worked at all for any period of time. If there's something linking the two processes in the manual, I'm evidently missing it or just too dumb to comprehend what it's saying (both highly possible). When I first read through it, they really did sound and ultimately behave like separate processes for a while there.

Yes, it was always a 2 step process.  It worked the other times because you had already installed the content, probably when you bought the rendo products.  Smart Content uses relative path, e.g., People/Genesis 8/Female/My Character.duf and not C:/Users/ME/Documents/My Daz 3D Library/People/Genesis 8/Female/My Character.duf. When the Smart Content was installed, DS found the associated items based on these relative paths and voila, it showed up.

• Platnumk said:

Cora Regina said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

Cora Regina said:

It's me again. The window fix still works wonderfully, but a few months back a new issue cropped up and I'm just now finding time to deal with it. Plus, another one that I just started having today. I'm using whatever version of CW DIM has most recently delivered.

Problem 1: The utility no longer installs content properly, or indeed at all.

I do all the necessary prep and click "Install Smart Content," which it ostensibly does. It gives me a pop-up saying that the installation was successful, except nothing gets installed. Content Wizard will generate and install the support files into the proper directory (assuming that it already exists, see Problem 2), so that the product shows up in the highest smart content level applicable (Wardrobe, Accessories, etc.), but it installs none of the other files. When I click on the product in smart content or the product library, it's empty. In the installation location, all of the support files end up in place but everything else gets ignored. A product can have hundreds of components and the script will always say that it's installed one item, with zero children.

I've tried multiple directories and multiple vendors. They're all standard file structures for Studio, identical to ones that I successfully installed previously. When I analyze the zip files, everything shows up fine. I've also successfully installed things to the directories I'm trying to use with Content Wizard before and haven't changed any permissions. The only workaround I've found is to manually install a product, i.e. all of the files that Content Wizard won't install for whatever reason (literally everything but the support files), and then install the product as smart content with Content Wizard.  It does this in both 4.10 and the most current 4.14 beta, and did it in the 4.12 beta as well.

Problem 2: The utility now comes back as having an error during installation and does not create any support files if Runtime/Support does not already exist within the library I'm installing to, and I cannot remember if it used to create Runtime/Support when it didn't exist.

I've attached a log file for the two installations related to the first problem, where nothing installs and then what happens when I run CW after manually installing everything and just using it to generate the smart content info. Plus a screenshot of what I get when I use CW to install smart content without manually installing the product first.

This maybe a silly question,  but did you click on the Install Content button in the bottom lefthand corner before installing the smart content .

That is a very good question.  Before we look for other issues, did you click Install Content first?

No, I didn't. There was nothing that ever implied that was necessary unless you wanted to skip the metadata.

When I first started using the product, I looked at the user manual and there were two separate sets of instructions. One for just installing products that required you to load the zips and just click Install Content, and a separate one that had you load the zips, analyze them to categorize things, and then click Install Smart Content. The implication being that it would install the content but also generate metadata for it as it did so. There was no mention made of it needing to be a two-step process. At least, that's what the manual I've got installed seems to indicate. Basic installation >> add zip files, install content. Smart installation >> add zip files, analyze, check to make sure things are where you want them (the included instructions for moving things have never worked for me), install smart content.

The first few times I used the utility, I breezed through a bunch of stuff just following the smart content part of the manual. I would load things from Rendo in, have CW analyze them, and click Install Smart Content. The files would be installed to the appropriate locations, the metadata would be created, and things would show up fully usable in Smart Content. Just a couple clicks, and only ever ran into bother when someone had used a non-standard structure. Then one day it just stopped doing that, first with a handful of vendors and finally with everything.

Are you saying it was always supposed to be a two-step process?

If so, that works just fine and it's definitely faster from within CW than outside of it, even with Studio's pondorously slow scene clearing. But now I have no idea why just going the Install Smart Content route worked at all for any period of time. If there's something linking the two processes in the manual, I'm evidently missing it or just too dumb to comprehend what it's saying (both highly possible). When I first read through it, they really did sound and ultimately behave like separate processes for a while there.

Step 1: Load Zip/Zips & click on Analyse

Step 2: Check the Analysis that the metadata is/look correct (make adjustments if needed)

Step 3: Click on Install Content 

Step 4: : Click on Install Smart Content

Hopefully this is of some help.

Optional but important:

Step 5: Click on Save Configuration File to save the configuration file if you want to correct stuff later

Step 6: Click on Export Zip File(s) & Self-Installer to save the correct zips for later.  These zip files can be used by DIM if placed in the DIM downloaded products directory on your current computer or another computer.

• Submitted update today.  Changes:

• Added Suggested Zip filename for "Export ZIP File" dialog
    • Added ability to have a fixed size dialog
    • Fixed issue with assigning multiple categories to an item (symptom is that new categories with a comma at the end would appear in Smart Content)
    • Fixed UpdateAssets function to handle multiple categories and (hopefully) multiple compatibilities
    • Added StoreZipPrefixes constant, used for naming exported zip files
    • Protected more strings from the ampersand (&) issue in ExportProductXML method.
    • Updated manual
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959

Just using this for the first time on some stuff I got over the holidays and I must say this is lightning fast.  

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569
    edited January 2021

Best thing since invention of sliced bread and longlife milk laugh. I whish DAZ would use it to prepare the metadata for their products. Results would be much better in most cases. So far, I only had weird results when PA's got overly creative with their content structure, or when there is an ampersand in any of the files or directories. Just today I also spotted that it chokes on some special characters, like an é, but that is easy to fix. I am really looking forward to the update....

EDIT: corrected auto-correct angry

Post edited by Mark_e593e0a5 on
  • Looking forward to the update. The mac editor "issue" (not being able to edit some stuff) is unfortunately still present I suppose.

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459

RiverSoft Art is having difficulty accessing the Daz Forums since Friday, Jan 8th. Once the issue is resolved, he will answer any questions.

• Marshian said:

RiverSoft Art is having difficulty accessing the Daz Forums since Friday, Jan 8th. Once the issue is resolved, he will answer any questions.

I had the same issues. According to the reply from DAZ support, it has been a known issue with some accounts and they were working to fix it. They did fix it, at least for me. Everything is working fine again, but - as always - your milage may vary.

• Thanks @ALLIEKATBLUE and @Mark_e593e0a5 for the kind words. 

• I think the ampersand issue is finally stomped when this latest update comes out. 
    • Rod Wise Driggo, I included code to try and resolve the mac editor issue.  Hopefully it will work but the tester and I had some communication issues.  You will have to let me know if it works.

(I apologize to anyone for not responding faster.  I had issues accessing the forums since Friday Jan 7th.  Thank you for your patience; everything seems resolved as Jan 14th.  A special thank you to @Marshian and @Sickleyield for stepping in and helping me.)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

In a lot of cases, Daz metadata is messed up.  Is there a downside to using CW to install Daz assets instead?

• Sevrin said:

In a lot of cases, Daz metadata is messed up.  Is there a downside to using CW to install Daz assets instead?

I have. not yet seen issues. I used it e.g for Sickleyield's "SY Naturally Flushed Genesis 8", as the meta data is only showing the female part. The male part of the product is completely forgotten (and the ticklet I filed is rotting in the tech support queue since release day). CW created the correct metadata for both male and female, and it assigned the correct categories. That product was a "fire and forget" install, others might need some re-categorization.

I do suppose, however, that product update might either install as a duplicate, or overrun your categorization. 

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Sevrin said:

I have. not yet seen issues. I used it e.g for Sickleyield's "SY Naturally Flushed Genesis 8", as the meta data is only showing the female part. The male part of the product is completely forgotten (and the ticklet I filed is rotting in the tech support queue since release day). CW created the correct metadata for both male and female, and it assigned the correct categories. That product was a "fire and forget" install, others might need some re-categorization.

I do suppose, however, that product update might either install as a duplicate, or overrun your categorization. 

The downsides are the updates as Mark_e593e0a5 mentioned.  They should not matter most of the time, though if files are moved or deleted because of an update, you will need to re-analyze with CW.

• I'm trying to do meta data for HiveWire products. I am following what you have. But I can't double click on the columns to make changes, and it never lights up the Install Smart Content or Export Zip Files buttons, so after installing I can't click on Install Smart Content. I have tried 2 different products (both DS) and have the same issue. 

I have included the Table View, you can see that nothing is checked, and that install Smart Content is greyed out (I have already installed content twice). The log file is not showing any errors. I'm at a loss of what to do. I've watched your video.

Step 2: Check the Analysis that the metadata is/look correct (make adjustments if needed)

Metadata Not work.jpg
    1197 x 624 - 183K
  • tiffanie_gray_aceaa3bc71 said:

I'm trying to do meta data for HiveWire products. I am following what you have. But I can't double click on the columns to make changes, and it never lights up the Install Smart Content or Export Zip Files buttons, so after installing I can't click on Install Smart Content. I have tried 2 different products (both DS) and have the same issue. 

I have included the Table View, you can see that nothing is checked, and that install Smart Content is greyed out (I have already installed content twice). The log file is not showing any errors. I'm at a loss of what to do. I've watched your video.

After Step 1, do you set the product name, vendor, store, and id?

• RiverSoftArt said:

tiffanie_gray_aceaa3bc71 said:

I'm trying to do meta data for HiveWire products. I am following what you have. But I can't double click on the columns to make changes, and it never lights up the Install Smart Content or Export Zip Files buttons, so after installing I can't click on Install Smart Content. I have tried 2 different products (both DS) and have the same issue. 

After Step 1, do you set the product name, vendor, store, and id?

Yes, I did everything like the video said. Including the icon. I never get the preview tabs to light up either. 

• Here is the product tab:

• Trying again

Product.jpg
    526 x 635 - 141K

Trying again

That is strange.  Please post the log from when you analyse it and click Install Content.

• edited January 2021

Here is the log after Analyze and Install Content again.

txt
    txt
    Content Wizard Log.txt
    Post edited by Tiffanie Gray - IDLM on
  • edited January 2021

It said everything was successful...

So, I'm at a loss

And still can't edit anything in Table View

Post edited by Tiffanie Gray - IDLM on
  • And to make matters stranger, I just tried it using a Renderosity product, and after figuring out that I had to unzip the original file into 2 zips, it worked fine.

The Hivewire files don't have hidden zips, so I don't know what the issue is. and why it didn't work.

And to make matters stranger, I just tried it using a Renderosity product, and after figuring out that I had to unzip the original file into 2 zips, it worked fine.

The Hivewire files don't have hidden zips, so I don't know what the issue is. and why it didn't work.

I don't think you posted the entire Daz log (not the log in the dialog).  I would expect to see more messages.  Can you check again?  And make sure you run CW twice.  Daz Studio has a tendency to not show the last 3 or 4 log messages until something else gets written to the log.

The one thing I see strange is that there are 2 zip #4s.  

Extracting files from I:\3D Content Backup\Zip files for 3D Content\All HiveWire 3D Content\Dawn\Characters\10915-dawn-special-edition-textures-ds-psr-4of4.zip...
    16:01:10 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Extracting files from I:\3D Content Backup\Zip files for 3D Content\All HiveWire 3D Content\Dawn\Characters\10915-dawn-special-edition-textures-ds-psr-4of4(1).zip...

I am wondering if maybe the collision between two exact zips would cause a problem?  It shouldn't, but I will need to think about it.  

• I noticed that about the dual file.
    anyway, I shut everything down, cleared the log, then opened DS up.
    I opened CW
    I repopulated it with the proper files (no dup)
    I repopulated the image icon and the names, et. al.
    I Unzipped the folders
    I then clicked Analyze
    Got the same thing.
    So, here is the Daz log

RiverSoftArt said:

And to make matters stranger, I just tried it using a Renderosity product, and after figuring out that I had to unzip the original file into 2 zips, it worked fine.

I don't think you posted the entire Daz log (not the log in the dialog).  I would expect to see more messages.  Can you check again?  And make sure you run CW twice.  Daz Studio has a tendency to not show the last 3 or 4 log messages until something else gets written to the log.

Extracting files from I:\3D Content Backup\Zip files for 3D Content\All HiveWire 3D Content\Dawn\Characters\10915-dawn-special-edition-textures-ds-psr-4of4.zip...
    16:01:10 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Extracting files from I:\3D Content Backup\Zip files for 3D Content\All HiveWire 3D Content\Dawn\Characters\10915-dawn-special-edition-textures-ds-psr-4of4(1).zip...

I am wondering if maybe the collision between two exact zips would cause a problem?  It shouldn't, but I will need to think about it.  

txt
    txt
    Daz Log.txt
    2M

I noticed that about the dual file.
    I opened CW
    I Unzipped the folders
    I then clicked Analyze
    Got the same thing.
    So, here is the Daz log

RiverSoftArt said:

Ok, this was helpful.  The script crashed:

2021-01-25 20:34:11.843 WARNING: Script Error: Line 2081
    2021-01-25 20:34:11.843 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'compat2' [undefined] is not an object.

The problem is that your version is older than mine and that line is no longer the same for me.  Can you PM me your email address so I can send you the latest?

I noticed that about the dual file.
    I opened CW
    I Unzipped the folders
    I then clicked Analyze
    Got the same thing.
    So, here is the Daz log

RiverSoftArt said:

Ok, this was helpful.  The script crashed:

2021-01-25 20:34:11.843 WARNING: Script Error: Line 2081
    2021-01-25 20:34:11.843 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'compat2' [undefined] is not an object.

The problem is that your version is older than mine and that line is no longer the same for me.  Can you PM me your email address so I can send you the latest?

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 360

RiverSoftArt said:

And make sure you run CW twice.  Daz Studio has a tendency to not show the last 3 or 4 log messages until something else gets written to the log.

You can add App.flushLogBuffer(); just before your script exits to resolve this.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,361
    edited January 2021

Omniflux said:

RiverSoftArt said:

And make sure you run CW twice.  Daz Studio has a tendency to not show the last 3 or 4 log messages until something else gets written to the log.

You can add App.flushLogBuffer(); just before your script exits to resolve this.

Oooh, nice tip! smiley  It doesn't help if the script crashes, but I want to remember this one!

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • 21 days and still the update does not show up in DIM. Do you have a date from DAZ when they will relaeas the update? I do have a lot of stuff with ampersands to throw on CW laugh, from nirvy on the other store....

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

21 days and still the update does not show up in DIM. Do you have a date from DAZ when they will relaeas the update? I do have a lot of stuff with ampersands to throw on CW laugh, from nirvy on the other store....

No idea.  It is still waiting on testing.  Once an update goes into testing, it can be live within the day sometimes.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

Forgive me if this is a frequently-asked question, but I didn't find an obvious answer in this thread, or in the documentation.

I'm trying to install to a separate library at 'F:/DAZ 3D/Installs/Miscellaneous', which contains the usual 'data', 'People', 'Runtime' etc. folders.

Some of the archives I'm installing from contain 'data', 'People', 'Runtime' etc. at top-level; these install without problems.

Others contain the following structure:

My Library

data

People

Runtime

If I try to install those using Content Wizard, then I end up with a folder  'F:/DAZ 3D/Installs/Miscellaneous/My Library', i.e.

Miscellaneous

My Library

data

People

Runtime

data

People

Runtime

which, quite aside from being a mess, means that the relative paths are broken.

This seems to be a common issue, so I assume Content Wizard has some simple and obvious way of dealing with it. But I haven't found it, so my question is: what's the best way to get Content Wizard to strip off that 'My Library' from the destination paths when installing?