[In store now] Felidae by AM - Kimbo the Lion cub [Commercial]

https://www.daz3d.com/felidae-by-am--kimbo-the-lion-cub

Meet Kimbo, the cutest critter ever! This adorable lion cub, approximate age of 8-10 weeks, comes with real-life textures and leopard-like rosettes typical of juvenile lions. Kimbo is a must-have, coming with a wide collection of poses and inherited morphs and controls to customize and finely tune every detail. Great care and attention to detail has gone into styling the fur and achieve the highest level of realism.

LAMH, Catalyzer and dForce versions provided for best fur results.
Optimized for both Iray and 3Delight. Catalyzer version 1.9 required for use with the Catalyzer Iray figures.

Included also the scene, complete with lighting settings and configuration, that renders exactly as you see in the main promo picture.

Required figure: Felidae by AM - Lion

LionCub-AM-main.jpg
2000 x 2600 - 2M
LionCub-AM-popup3.jpg
2000 x 2132 - 1M
LionCub-AM-popup4.jpg
1509 x 2056 - 901K
LionCub-AM-popup1.jpg
2555 x 2000 - 2M
LionCub-AM-popup9.jpg
1916 x 1500 - 799K

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Hah! Too cute for words. Straight to the cart and done.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

That burning smell is the scorch marks on my browser as this one went in the shopping basket.

Cheers,

Alex.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Arrgh! Now I have that theme song stuck in my head!

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687

Fantastic work as always - I've been waiting for this one since you made an announcement a while back.  I wanted to experiment with the cub and the smilodon.  Really happy with how they are compatible.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

that answers my question if it can use the lioness textures from the main lion figure :) i've had the lion and dforce addon in my wishlist for sometime but this cub is too adorable so now have all three in my cart and the other addons in my wishlist :)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@Dim Reaper " I wanted to experiment with the cub and the smilodon. "

Well if i hadn't alreay bought the cub, that would have done it. Sweet render!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303

Fantastic work as always - I've been waiting for this one since you made an announcement a while back.  I wanted to experiment with the cub and the smilodon.  Really happy with how they are compatible.

Niiiice.  Good job coloring outside the lines and testing something out!  I know what *I'LL* be rendering soon!

@fastbike and @Gogger - thank you for the kind comments.  It's a credit to AM how easy it is to make these figures look good, and how compatible the materials are.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited April 2020

So adorable!! :D

Pride.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 397K
    Post edited by AllenArt on

Here's my first few renders. This is a beautifully detailed model which looks absolutely adorable when rendered. 

I seem to be having a problem with Dforce, however.  The hair on the right forepaw in the last render doesn't look right. Since I have very little experience with Dforce, am I making a beginners mistake?

Cheers,

Alex.

Lion Cub 1.JPG
    3000 x 1875 - 873K
    Lion Cub 3.JPG
    3000 x 1875 - 755K
    Lion Cub 4.JPG
    3000 x 1875 - 775K
    Lion Cub Dforce Settings.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 358K
    edited April 2020

Here's my first few renders. This is a beautifully detailed model which looks absolutely adorable when rendered. 

I seem to be having a problem with Dforce, however.  The hair on the right forepaw in the last render doesn't look right. Since I have very little experience with Dforce, am I making a beginners mistake?

Cheers,

Alex.

Maybe for the floor turn off "visible in simulation". Looks like the fur is trying to collide with the ground, which in a perfect world would be ideal, but in the case of dynamics sometimes it acts like a magnet. Only thing I can think of.

Post edited by AllenArt on
    AllenArt said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Maybe for the floor turn off "visible in simulation". Looks like the fur is trying to collide with the ground, which in a perfect world would be ideal, but in the case of dynamics sometimes it acts like a magnet. Only thing I can think of.

Thanks. I'll try this tomorrow. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

edited April 2020

Oh to be a cub again.

DS_Lion_Cub_Cutie_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 594K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

Alessandro  ... How is it you somehow always know what I want and will throw my money at before I do? This cub is too cute not to buy!!! And thanks to Dim Reaper, now I must have Smilodon & addon (which I had somehow missed these until today), too so I can make Smilodon Cubs!

ps ... thanks for continuing to offer LAMH with all of your critters. As usual, I'm sure it will be years before I jump on the force hair wagon ... all of my scenes with animals must have LAMH or I don't bother. As long as you keep creating, I'll keep buying, lol.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I bought the big cat from that other store when it came out, so I've been reluctant to spend what little budget I have on your lion, even though it is so incredible! Until Kimbo was released. He is so cute, he tore down what little resistance I had left, and into the cart went the lion and the cub. Thank you for creating such beautiful creatures.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    L'Adair said:

I bought the big cat from that other store when it came out, so I've been reluctant to spend what little budget I have on your lion, even though it is so incredible! Until Kimbo was released. He is so cute, he tore down what little resistance I had left, and into the cart went the lion and the cub. Thank you for creating such beautiful creatures.

lol same exact thing here i added the cub and 2 required lion base products and that sat in my cart as i debated but took the plunge and bought them

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

TakingaRest2020.jpg
    1200 x 870 - 2M
  • I understand and have to agree about thinking twice before buying things (in general), because I am the same way, so I appreciate even more your support. I'm sure I'd have sold lot more making cheaper and less detailed models at a faster rate, but that is the last thing I want to do. I employ all the time and efforts I consider necessary to deliver the best result that I can. I hope you guys understand what I mean.

I understand and have to agree about thinking twice before buying things (in general), because I am the same way, so I appreciate even more your support. I'm sure I'd have sold lot more making cheaper and less detailed models at a faster rate, but that is the last thing I want to do. I employ all the time and efforts I consider necessary to deliver the best result that I can. I hope you guys understand what I mean.

TOTALLY!  Alessandro, your models are ALWAYS worth every single penny!  While there may be other similar models, I haven't found ANY that come close to the quality and appeal of yours.
    Now, if you and Herschel Hoffmeyer ever got together on a project I would probably just post my bank account info right here and have you automatically send your stuff straight to me upon launch.
    Seriously, though, keep doing what you are doing, the way you are doing it. Now, if we could just convince you to make even more BABY animals...

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

100% agree with Gogger!  I purchased Kimbo as soon as he hit the store as I have with several of your animals! They are just awesome!!

**coughHOUSECATcough**

winklaugh

Laurie

Did I see somewhere a lynx is also in the works?

So how did you do that, Reaper?

Gogger said:

I understand and have to agree about thinking twice before buying things (in general), because I am the same way, so I appreciate even more your support. I'm sure I'd have sold lot more making cheaper and less detailed models at a faster rate, but that is the last thing I want to do. I employ all the time and efforts I consider necessary to deliver the best result that I can. I hope you guys understand what I mean.

TOTALLY!  Alessandro, your models are ALWAYS worth every single penny!  While there may be other similar models, I haven't found ANY that come close to the quality and appeal of yours.
    Now, if you and Herschel Hoffmeyer ever got together on a project I would probably just post my bank account info right here and have you automatically send your stuff straight to me upon launch.
    Seriously, though, keep doing what you are doing, the way you are doing it. Now, if we could just convince you to make even more BABY animals...

I couldn't agree more. Hershel and Alessandro are both perfectionists in the best sense of the term. Baby animals are almost always really cute although I will settle for anything that is cute, little and furry. 

Incidentally, I will be posting  some more renders soon.

Cheers,

Alex.

• AllenArt said:

**coughHOUSECATcough**

winklaugh

Laurie

The House Cat has been requested for years laugh

• AllenArt said:

**coughHOUSECATcough**

winklaugh

Laurie

People should remember that cats refuse to come when called.

AllenArt said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks. I'll try this tomorrow. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

@allenart's fix worked perfectly. Here's highlights from my latest crop of kitten renders.

Cheers,

Alex.

Lion Cub 5.JPG
    3000 x 1875 - 988K
    Lion Cub 8.JPG
    2939 x 1825 - 973K
    Lion Cub 10.JPG
    3000 x 1875 - 1012K

Hi Willowraven.  Initially, I tried just using the Smilodon dForce fur on the cub, but because that fur is a lot longer, it looked like a tribble!  Easiest way was to load the dForce Smilodon first, then the dForce Cub.  The dforce fur for both comes in three sections.  For each one, select it in the Surfaces tab for the Smilodon, then copy the Hair Root Colour.  Switch to the cub and Paste the Hair Root Colour there - it will automatically paste also to Hair Tip Colour, Hair Root Highlight and Hair Tip Highlight.  This keeps the cub fur in proportion, but changes the overall colour when you paste each of the three sections.

Every final render that I've seen in this thread is fantastic.  Such a great model that has obviously inspired all of us.

edited April 2020

Hi Willowraven.  Initially, I tried just using the Smilodon dForce fur on the cub, but because that fur is a lot longer, it looked like a tribble!  Easiest way was to load the dForce Smilodon first, then the dForce Cub.  The dforce fur for both comes in three sections.  For each one, select it in the Surfaces tab for the Smilodon, then copy the Hair Root Colour.  Switch to the cub and Paste the Hair Root Colour there - it will automatically paste also to Hair Tip Colour, Hair Root Highlight and Hair Tip Highlight.  This keeps the cub fur in proportion, but changes the overall colour when you paste each of the three sections.

That's gonna be my glitch ... I don't use the force versions, I use the LAMH versions ... dang! o you think it would work on the cub if I hanged the 'skin' to math the skin of the smilodon?

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited April 2020

I understand. And I really appreciate it, too. I've never been disappointed with any of your products. (Although I would have loved a Western Grey Squirrel variant of the LAMH/Catalyzer… Our squirrels don't have those long tufts!)
    laugh

AllenArt said:

**coughHOUSECATcough**

winklaugh

Laurie

People should remember that cats refuse to come when called.

You just need to know how to call them. "Tuna!" always worked with Taz. "Are you coming?" almost always works with Smidgeon, especially if I'm going into the office. The sound of the toilet lid being put up was always a big draw for all our cats, past and present.

Post edited by L'Adair on