DG Essential Shaders 2 not rendering

GranvilleGranville Posts: 690
edited April 2014 in The Commons

I hope that some of the big brains around here can help. I have not been able to get the beautiful Destiny Garden's shader essentials 2 to work. They always render flat. I have attached a picture of the shader preset I used, the surface settings and the render. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out. I thought that it was the ubersurface not installed correctly, but it seems to be installed with DAZ studio.

shader_settings.png
280 x 195 - 11K
Shader_persets.PNG
661 x 510 - 311K
Polished_Marble_05.png
400 x 300 - 73K
Post edited by Granville on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,423
    edited December 1969

Is the model UV mapped?

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

I have used them quite a few times. I don't know if these are always required for these specific shades but make sure you use ray traced shadows and have an environment sphere so the materials have something to reflect off of (since they are glossy it may be required for some of them)

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Guys. I suspect the problem is lack of uv mapping. How can I discover if it is uv mapped?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

DO you have any type of mapping app.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Guys. I suspect the problem is lack of uv mapping. How can I discover if it is uv mapped?

The easiest way is to download the free UVmapper classic from here http://www.uvmapper.com/downloads.html and import the obj from the geometry folder. If it is not UVmapped it will tell you.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,051
    edited April 2014

oops misread
    thought digital painters carrara shaders

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,423
    edited December 1969

You can also just switch the preview in DS to the UV view - click the sphere at top-right, next to the camera picker button, with the surfaces selected.