Modeling in Hexagon Tutorial..Parts Missing!!

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited April 2014 in The Commons

Today I purchased the Modeling in Hexagon tutorial and part of it is missing...the section of videos for Basic Shape is not there, all the others listed are unless I missed it somewhere. Did anyone else purchase this product? it does state there are 37 videos but there are only 30!

Post edited by Kharma on

Comments

• JGreenleesJGreenlees Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

This is being looked into.

• Acudia4151Acudia4151 Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Same Problem Here.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

This is being looked into.

Ok thanks Jen, I will check later for any updates

edited December 1969

If i can i will let you know when the files are there. But it's been reported and they are looking into the issue :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jen.

• BeaBea Posts: 745
    edited April 2014

The irritating thing is that it is a 600MB download. all one sip file which means redownloading the lot again :( when it is sorted out.

Post edited by Bea on
  • genejokegenejoke Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

ah ha, I was finding the same. glad to know it is being looked into.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited April 2014

It seems that the part about the "start" of modelling the tower is missing.
    I have started the other videos, and it looks good so far, easy to follow. The only thing that, as a non-english native speaker, have, is the sometimes heavy accent. But you get used to the accent very quickly, and then the voice is quite comfortable to listen to. :-)

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • NecrophageNecrophage Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Same problem here - hope the put in the missing videos soon cause it's a cool tutorial after all .. but i do need the basic steps to get along.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Looks like this have been sorted now new file 700+ meg instead of 600.. Just downloading.

Steve.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

I just saw this in the store. Looks very interesting, but I cannot justify it because Hexagon is not 64 bit and also crashes on me too often for me to actually accomplish anything meaningful. >:(

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

I just saw this in the store. Looks very interesting, but I cannot justify it because Hexagon is not 64 bit and also crashes on me too often for me to actually accomplish anything meaningful. >:(

I purchased it just to have something I can use to learn modeling with. I have to start somewhere, I am hoping there really is step by step instructions I can follow. I will not know until the file is fixed and everything is included before I start downloading this massive file.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:

I purchased it just to have something I can use to learn modeling with. I have to start somewhere, I am hoping there really is step by step instructions I can follow. I will not know until the file is fixed and everything is included before I start downloading this massive file.

Files have been sorted hours ago... ;)

Looks like this have been sorted now new file 700+ meg instead of 600.. Just downloading.

Steve.

edited December 1969

Just checked and it looks like all the files are there now.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

Just checked and it looks like all the files are there now.

Cool. Thanks.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Hex is ornery, to put it nicely.. eventually you learn what makes it crash and find other ways of accomplishing the same things or save before you do them if it's unavoidable. (like flipping the normals will crash it a lot of times but no way to avoid it if you accidentally end up with some flipped.. sometimes adding a line between points and edges with that one subdividing tool that I have no idea the name of but use all the time) I've noticed it doesn't like working with faces as much as lines and points, and if you're doing a lot of cutting and welding to reduce polygon count or get your edge loops to flow the right way it is much less likely to crash if you don't have any levels of smoothing on (or even having smoothing on but set to 0 levels.. set to 0 and finalize the geometry first before you start doing those type of things if at all possible, if you've already done some sculpting with the displacement brushes you won't be able to without losing it so always do sculpting last if at all possible)

Overall it's my favorite modeler though, I have used others and none of them have clicked with my brain nearly as well so I put up with the idiosyncrasies. I do really wish DAZ would update it to 64 bit and improve the stability... they wouldn't have to even add any features, just those two things and it would be an instant sale from me and a lot of other people who use it regularly as their primary modeler.

edited December 1969

Oh, and having undo strip all your material zone assignments is really annoying.. and having to open the final object in uv mapper to reassign the polys to their correct matzones that hex randomly decides to put in default surface group when you save out the obj would be great.. those two things waste a lot of my time.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

I dont use Hex anymore but to make Hex more stable on a 64bit system, I highly recommend using Large Address Aware - http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

edited December 1969

Fisty, Hex would crash on me just loading a primitive such as a cube or sphere.

Matty, thanks for the link.

By the way, these tutorials are often very good even for non-Hex users, because as mentioned in an earlier post, they do help you understand modelling. And that is always a good thing!

edited December 1969

I've heard the workflow in Silo is quite similar so they would probably work well for that program

edited December 1969

Thanks! Trying out Blender these days. :coolsmile: