DAZ Studio Login Failed

Well when I try to connect my Daz3D account to DAZ Studio, A blank error window shows up.

I'm sure that my login informations are correct.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191

If your password is short or simple you may need to chnage it as there has been a security update that has certainly affected some people using Install Manager.

• This has started happening to me.

I upgraded the other day and opened Studio only to get the "a valid Postgre SQL connection could not be estabiushed" error message.Upon trying to login to Studio I am getting the same "login failed" message as OP. I changed the password and can login to the webnsite and Install Manager just fine. But not Studio. I checked my firewall where Daz Studio and psql are allowed and SQL is running in my Task Manager while Studio is running when I checked.

I am at a loss.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191

Connecting to PostgreSQL and logging in to your account are separate actions, though the former uses Internet protocol (but only on the local machine) and I would expect the latter to do so too so you may have a firewall or similar issue.

• So any idea what I should do? Both programs are whitelisted in Windows Firewall, incoming and outgoing, public and private (except for DAZ which for some reason WF won;t let me change).

If I can;t login using DAZ Studio I can;t use Connect or see my purchases, and if it sawy there's not a valid postgreSQL running I can't use Smart Content which I WAS able to use with version 4.11.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

If your password is short or simple you may need to chnage it as there has been a security update that has certainly affected some people using Install Manager.

I have a password generated by one of those PW manager things, so mine was strong already, but why wasn't this change announced to customers in an email?

• Oh good grief, once I figured out how to change the port setting it was fixed. Somedays I wish I was more tech savvy.

• timurm13timurm13 Posts: 0
    edited March 2021

owlknight68 said:

Oh good grief, once I figured out how to change the port setting it was fixed. Somedays I wish I was more tech savvy.

You helped me. Thanks!

Mod edit :-  to sort out the quote.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I have just installed Daz Studio and everytime I login, I get the above error message. The downloader and website login work fine. Not ideal impression on a new user...

• owlknight68 said:

Oh good grief, once I figured out how to change the port setting it was fixed. Somedays I wish I was more tech savvy.

I have the same problem, how you've managed the change the port?